Glossybox - April 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I actually think that's gorgeous! I would love for my hair to get that long and luxurious looking, but it never wants to grow past a certain point lol!
lol, thanks. I'm just busy and rarely make any trip to the salon at least twice a year. I take Folic Acid. Someone told me that it makes my hair grow fast. I also have a rare blood type so I don't know if that is the factor. Someone mentioned about that as well. I dunno, who knows. 

This was my first Glossybox. Overall, I’m happy with the box. It didn’t necessarily “wow†me, but I’ll keep it up for a few months at least and give it a fair shot. Here’s my box:

1. Zoya Tracy Nail Polish (I think that’s what it was called) from using the FUN code. This is a lime-ish green color and not my style. I’ll wear almost any NP color but this particular green is just not pretty.
  2. Tigi Blush in Awaken – I was hoping to get this shade since it seemed like the lightest of the options and I’m really pale. Even still this color looks quite bright. I’ll need to use a light touch or else I’ll end up looking clownish.
  3. Honest Co Lip Balm in Lavender Mint – I was hoping for the Orange Vanilla one but this one is great too. Nice and moisturizing.
  4. Wash with Joe Body Wash in Coffeemint -  I was a bit leery of the combo of coffee and mint in a body wash but the smell is mostly mint and very refreshing. I’m excited to try this out.
  5. La Metier De Beaute Sample/Coupon – haven’t tried this yet but I am looking forward to it. I will not be shelling out $150 for the full size though, regardless of how amazing it is.
  6. Bvlgari Bath Tea Bag – I’m excited for this one too and, thankfully, I have a tub. Hope the smell is nice.
  7. Alterna Bamboo Style Boho Waves – these beach waves products are usually hit and miss with my thin straight hair but I’ll give it a go!

Originally Posted by lexxies22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I actually think that's gorgeous! I would love for my hair to get that long and luxurious looking, but it never wants to grow past a certain point lol!
lol, thanks. I'm just busy and rarely make any trip to the salon at least twice a year. I take Folic Acid. Someone told me that it makes my hair grow fast. I also have a rare blood type so I don't know if that is the factor. Someone mentioned about that as well. I dunno, who knows. 

I take folic acid too and it has made a huge difference in my hair.

Originally Posted by princess2010 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm very excited about the tea bag. I'm saving it for a special occasion. I love Bvlgari!

The Le Metier sample is very deceiving. It doesn't look big but it lasts forever. I squeezed mine out into an empty LUSH container and have been using it for at least a week once a day. I'm about halfway through it now.
This is EXACTLY what I did with mine.. down to the LUSH container (I used the small sample size one.. you?)

I love it.. The color, the smell.. makes me want to eat it.  And I like how it really gives you a glow.. The price.. siggghhh.. Might have to start saving my coins.

anyone in the orlando, FL area get their box? 

as much as i want to bother glossybox about this i can see they shipped my box on the 25th. it arrived in my area on the 1st but has not moved since than. there was also no tracking history from the 25th till the 1st. sigh. 

OOOoooo, I'm going to ask my doctor if I can take it
smile.gif

Originally Posted by MaiteS /img/forum/go_quote.gif

as much as i want to bother glossybox about this i can see they shipped my box on the 25th. it arrived in my area on the 1st but has not moved since than. there was also no tracking history from the 25th till the 1st. sigh. 
I got mine today... it arrived at my post office this morning and was sorted/delivered today.

Originally Posted by EmJay /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I contacted them as well and heard back from them yesterday saying they'd send me a new box out next week. 
Thanks, this is useful. I just sent them an email rather than using the website, tbd if they respond. 

I get my box sent to my mom's house in Orlando and it arrived yesterday. My shipping info didn't update past the 25th. I got the blush in Lovely and the lip balm in Lavender Mint.

This is my first post here, super excited
biggrin.gif
  I got my box yesterday, finally, after it took a scenic journey through Nevada to get to me.  I live in Utah, so no idea why it went to Reno first.  But I can say that I'm not super impressed.  I got the blush in Haute, it's a pretty dark almost bronze color and even with my medium golden skin it just doesn't look good.  I also got the unflavored lip balm, (insert sarcasm here) it will go great with the clear lip gloss I got in Feb.  I also hate the face cream, hated it in Jan and still hate it now.  I do believe my love affair with Glossy is over.  I will give them one more month to wow me.  Maybe May will be amazing.

Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I get my box sent to my mom's house in Orlando and it arrived yesterday. My shipping info didn't update past the 25th. I got the blush in Lovely and the lip balm in Lavender Mint.

Originally Posted by lucyla8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got mine today... it arrived at my post office this morning and was sorted/delivered today.
thanks for the feedback ladies. im hoping that itll be here by monday - if not than im going to for sure email cause that means usps lost it.

Quote: Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Originally Posted by lucyla8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

thanks for the feedback ladies. im hoping that itll be here by monday - if not than im going to for sure email cause that means usps lost it.

Hope you get your box soon.

I'm south of Orlando about two hours and I got my box last week. It was surprisingly fast for me.Usually I'm one of the last!

Finally heard back from GBCS - they are going to send a new box to replace the one that got trashed by the shower gel. yay!

Originally Posted by Dayo Steph /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Finally heard back from GBCS - they are going to send a new box to replace the one that got trashed by the shower gel. yay!
yay! Glad they are fixing it!

As I mentioned earlier that Bamboo Beach waves spray didn't work for my straight hair. Since, it was almost dried so I didn't like the look so decided to use Birchbox's headband elastic band (if you are familiar with BB's products?) and did the twist hair wrapped around like princess Lelia style not the side ponytails buns but twist on each sections and rolled over the headband and wrapped around. I worn my hair like that all day. This morning, I took it out and see if I could wear the waves. OH NO! It was too curly! It did made my hair really curly so I kinda fingered waved thru my hair but I don't have any creme pomade to smooth it out so I ended up taking a shower. That's something I would use it again if I had maybe shredded pillowcase or t shirts into twist/tie thingy and sleep overnight to create that effect. It felt like hairspray when it's completely dried like hard hairspray. Kinda weird. Here's the before originaly damp/dried hair that after 20 mins making an attempt to get that look: NOPE
Then, here I did this twise/wrap hair around the elastic headband around and left it all day and slept in it as well.
Morning result when I removed the braid/headband and finger waved thru (even my three year old loved this look ! LOL):

As I mentioned earlier that Bamboo Beach waves spray didn't work for my straight hair. Since, it was almost dried so I didn't like the look so decided to use Birchbox's headband elastic band (if you are familiar with BB's products?) and did the twist hair wrapped around like princess Lelia style not the side ponytails buns but twist on each sections and rolled over the headband and wrapped around. I worn my hair like that all day. This morning, I took it out and see if I could wear the waves. OH NO! It was too curly! It did made my hair really curly so I kinda fingered waved thru my hair but I don't have any creme pomade to smooth it out so I ended up taking a shower. That's something I would use it again if I had maybe shredded pillowcase or t shirts into twist/tie thingy and sleep overnight to create that effect. It felt like hairspray when it's completely dried like hard hairspray. Kinda weird.

Here's the before originaly damp/dried hair that after 20 mins making an attempt to get that look: NOPE

Then, here I did this twise/wrap hair around the elastic headband around and left it all day and slept in it as well.

Morning result when I removed the braid/headband and finger waved thru (even my three year old loved this look ! LOL):

I tried the same thing with my hair and the twist Princess Leia thing but my hair ended up being straight with a LOT of volume - and I don't need more volume, I'd have an asian fro. The curls look cute to me! But that's probably because I've never been able to hold curls. I'm glad your 3yr old liked it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I tried the same thing with my hair and the twist Princess Leia thing but my hair ended up being straight with a LOT of volume - and I don't need more volume, I'd have an asian fro. The curls look cute to me! But that's probably because I've never been able to hold curls. I'm glad your 3yr old liked it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Lol thanks. That's why I ended up washing it off because like you said too much volume and an Afro look which I didn't like. BUT I could use it as a setting spray when I curl my hair? Who knows if it may work or not :)

You're gorgeous! You look like a Disney princess haha

As I mentioned earlier that Bamboo Beach waves spray didn't work for my straight hair. Since, it was almost dried so I didn't like the look so decided to use Birchbox's headband elastic band (if you are familiar with BB's products?) and did the twist hair wrapped around like princess Lelia style not the side ponytails buns but twist on each sections and rolled over the headband and wrapped around. I worn my hair like that all day. This morning, I took it out and see if I could wear the waves. OH NO! It was too curly! It did made my hair really curly so I kinda fingered waved thru my hair but I don't have any creme pomade to smooth it out so I ended up taking a shower. That's something I would use it again if I had maybe shredded pillowcase or t shirts into twist/tie thingy and sleep overnight to create that effect. It felt like hairspray when it's completely dried like hard hairspray. Kinda weird. Here's the before originaly damp/dried hair that after 20 mins making an attempt to get that look: NOPE

Back