Glossybox - April 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by katie danielle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You're gorgeous! You look like a Disney princess haha
I had the exact same experience!!! So funny!

Originally Posted by Dayo Steph /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Finally heard back from GBCS - they are going to send a new box to replace the one that got trashed by the shower gel. yay!
That's great you were able to get ahold of them and they are sending you a replacement.

Originally Posted by lexxies22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As I mentioned earlier that Bamboo Beach waves spray didn't work for my straight hair. Since, it was almost dried so I didn't like the look so decided to use Birchbox's headband elastic band (if you are familiar with BB's products?) and did the twist hair wrapped around like princess Lelia style not the side ponytails buns but twist on each sections and rolled over the headband and wrapped around. I worn my hair like that all day. This morning, I took it out and see if I could wear the waves. OH NO! It was too curly! It did made my hair really curly so I kinda fingered waved thru my hair but I don't have any creme pomade to smooth it out so I ended up taking a shower. That's something I would use it again if I had maybe shredded pillowcase or t shirts into twist/tie thingy and sleep overnight to create that effect. It felt like hairspray when it's completely dried like hard hairspray. Kinda weird.

Here's the before originaly damp/dried hair that after 20 mins making an attempt to get that look: NOPE

Then, here I did this twise/wrap hair around the elastic headband around and left it all day and slept in it as well.

Morning result when I removed the braid/headband and finger waved thru (even my three year old loved this look ! LOL):

Pretty!

Is anyone still waiting to get their box?? My best friend still hasn't received hers & she got two March boxes. She tried to reach them to clear up the error at least 6 times and left messages and still no reply. Is this weird? A freebie box would be great, but she really wants her April box.
icon_cry.gif

Originally Posted by MarineBride007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Is anyone still waiting to get their box?? My best friend still hasn't received hers & she got two March boxes. She tried to reach them to clear up the error at least 6 times and left messages and still no reply. Is this weird? A freebie box would be great, but she really wants her April box.
icon_cry.gif
still have not gotten mine. i contacted glossybox twice and they pretty much gave me 300 points and told me that i need to contact usps because it shows that they accepted it. on monday i have to call usps to figure out where my box is. i have a feeling mine was lost or something. if i dont get my box this week im asking for them to send me a new one cause apparently its not coming. 

Originally Posted by easteregg /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Got mine a couple of days ago.  Did you get the anniversary email?
I didn't. What did it say?

All it says is that this month, they are celebrating their one year anniversary.  But not what it might mean for us.  ?

I really like this pic of your hair! 

Originally Posted by lexxies22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Then, here I did this twise/wrap hair around the elastic headband around and left it all day and slept in it as well.

I know this is the 'in-progress' hair style but I think it's ADORABLE!!

Originally Posted by easteregg /img/forum/go_quote.gif

All it says is that this month, they are celebrating their one year anniversary.  But not what it might mean for us.  ?
SO intriguing....isn't it?!

This is a screenshot of the email I got. Underneath it says *This is not a gift with purchase, it is part of the regular Glossybox selection. I'm confused - it's for the first 500 people who resubscribe, but it's supposedly included in all of the May boxes?? Can someone explain this? They also say they are celebrating their one year anniversary with an anniversary box.

I think I read in one of their emails is that the theme this month is celebration in honor of their one year anniversary... Hoping the box is worth celebrating!!

That sounds like a tricky way to get people to subscribe. Maybe they only have 500 boxes left for the month? Although I doubt that because they normally sell boxes until right before they ship..at the end of the month. 

Originally Posted by katie danielle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This is a screenshot of the email I got. Underneath it says *This is not a gift with purchase, it is part of the regular Glossybox selection. I'm confused - it's for the first 500 people who resubscribe, but it's supposedly included in all of the May boxes?? Can someone explain this? They also say they are celebrating their one year anniversary with an anniversary box.

I finally ran out of the Le Metier.  Sad thing is, it did wonders for my skin.  I loved it.  But there is no way in Hades I can afford to spend that kind of money.  What a shame. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

just got my april box today - def. not renewing a 1 year with them next year.

and the joe wash was spilled everywhere in the box. luckily it got on most of the paper inside - and splashed on the other items in the box. 

I remember seeing a lot of posts about how people did not want the Bvlargi tea bag. I love it and willing to trade for it! i love me my baths. :-D

Originally Posted by Bikerchic /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This is my first post here, super excited
biggrin.gif
  I got my box yesterday, finally, after it took a scenic journey through Nevada to get to me.  I live in Utah, so no idea why it went to Reno first.  But I can say that I'm not super impressed.  I got the blush in Haute, it's a pretty dark almost bronze color and even with my medium golden skin it just doesn't look good.  I also got the unflavored lip balm, (insert sarcasm here) it will go great with the clear lip gloss I got in Feb.  I also hate the face cream, hated it in Jan and still hate it now.  I do believe my love affair with Glossy is over.  I will give them one more month to wow me.  Maybe May will be amazing.
Too funny that were exactly my thoughts. i am not that big a fan of the lotion. It is ok but not blowing me away. I always feel bad about being negative about the products but it is my honest oppinion. It is not about the prize either, just the quality in general. The balm is ok as well. Overall it moisturizes very well and I guess rather the no scent than something I do not want on my lips. I am sure it is great to pair with clear lip gloss
satisfied.gif
 glad I did not have that in my last box. have fun rating all the products on the GB website, that is what I did today. Don't just do the surveys, the actual product reviews are fun to read too. When I went online, only positive ones were shown. Fingers crossed May's box is amazing!!

I keep forgetting to post Germany had the same theme as the US GB for April here is what I got:

Back