Glossybox - April 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
marchmellow.gif
Yay!

I canceled for this month (though that blush was really tempting). But I just feel like I have so much blush now! Especially after getting the cheek tint last month. If a really great code or teaser comes through I might be back in though...

But once March's surveys come through I'll have enough glossydots for a free box, so I'll def at least be back for May! Is that the 1-yr anniversary? Maybe they'll do something awesome? 

Originally Posted by pride /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I canceled for this month (though that blush was really tempting). But I just feel like I have so much blush now! Especially after getting the cheek tint last month. If a really great code or teaser comes through I might be back in though...

But once March's surveys come through I'll have enough glossydots for a free box, so I'll def at least be back for May! Is that the 1-yr anniversary? Maybe they'll do something awesome? 
I hope they do, March was the 2 year for the German glossy box and they sent out 6 items, a traveling book and a traveling bag.

I'm having trouble communicating with GB.  What is the best way to get through?  Thanks!

Originally Posted by easteregg /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm having trouble communicating with GB.  What is the best way to get through?  Thanks!
There isn't one, lol. 

But in all honesty, they are notoriously terrible. Some people have had luck with the phone, there was a short period where people had good luck with email.

I called the number on the website Tuesday to update my CC info and got right through to a nice girl, Alexis.

My advice is to call them, if they don't pick up, just keep on trying, that's it.

Long time lurker, new member, and had to join to share my experiences. I have had nothing but problems with GIFT boxes. My sub, not so much, but every GIFT i've sent has never turned out right Sent two gifts for holidays and they both arrived 6 weeks late. Seeing how good the March box was going to be, I tried gifting again and of course it went bad. I could not tell from the website whether it had been shipped (no tracking) or what was going on.

Since i've been a GB member, I bet I've sent 50 emails and have had 5 replies. Today I hit the wall and decided to call the number on their website.  Someone picked up after 2 rings! The first innocent girl tried explaining that they had all kinds of problems with tracking numbers this month and only know about the problems with people telling them. (Really?)  After venting to her about my problems, she passed the phone to Alex who was super sweet, very helpful, and seemed sincerely sorry for what happened.  She priority mailed my gift box today, promised to send me the tracking # by email today, and gave me 1000 glossy dots for MY problems. I told her - people are frustrated but torn because the boxes are a pretty darn good value, but they have to improve their customer service. I told her about forums like this that list all the issues people have. She said they have about 16 people working there and have grown faster than expected, have about 25K subscribers, and are trying to improve and hire and keep up. None of these bits mean we should have to settle, but it's obvious they are floundering.  Usually I bail on something when the CS is terrible but these boxes are so good (and I told her that).  She begged me to stay. With the glossydots, i'll try another month, cross fingers my gift box arrives as promised, and take it month-by-month from here.

OMG!  Just got off the phone with them.  They wouldn't help and weren't sympathetic (even fake sympathy).  Yikes!

OMG!  Just got off the phone with them.  They wouldn't help and weren't sympathetic (even fake sympathy).  Yikes!
Oh no sorry to hear that. I have written 2 emails to them one I got a response to and the other one I had my problem solved but no response.

I finally called today after my boxes were returned to sender instead of forwarded and they were pretty nice. The told me they'd send out replacements today plus an extra treat. They also told me I'd get tracking #s in a few hours and I hope that's true because I've had the worst month with regards to my subs.

This is probably a silly question but why a seperate group for GB?  Do all the other beuaty subs have seperate groups or just this one?  I am confused.

Originally Posted by lovepink /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This is probably a silly question but why a seperate group for GB?  Do all the other beuaty subs have seperate groups or just this one?  I am confused.
yes - Julep, Beauty Army, Birchbox and Ipsy all have their own sub groups away from the Sampling and Subscription group :]

Originally Posted by MUHoarder /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Long time lurker, new member, and had to join to share my experiences. I have had nothing but problems with GIFT boxes. My sub, not so much, but every GIFT i've sent has never turned out right Sent two gifts for holidays and they both arrived 6 weeks late. Seeing how good the March box was going to be, I tried gifting again and of course it went bad. I could not tell from the website whether it had been shipped (no tracking) or what was going on.

Since i've been a GB member, I bet I've sent 50 emails and have had 5 replies. Today I hit the wall and decided to call the number on their website.  Someone picked up after 2 rings! The first innocent girl tried explaining that they had all kinds of problems with tracking numbers this month and only know about the problems with people telling them. (Really?)  After venting to her about my problems, she passed the phone to Alex who was super sweet, very helpful, and seemed sincerely sorry for what happened.  She priority mailed my gift box today, promised to send me the tracking # by email today, and gave me 1000 glossy dots for MY problems. I told her - people are frustrated but torn because the boxes are a pretty darn good value, but they have to improve their customer service. I told her about forums like this that list all the issues people have. She said they have about 16 people working there and have grown faster than expected, have about 25K subscribers, and are trying to improve and hire and keep up. None of these bits mean we should have to settle, but it's obvious they are floundering.  Usually I bail on something when the CS is terrible but these boxes are so good (and I told her that).  She begged me to stay. With the glossydots, i'll try another month, cross fingers my gift box arrives as promised, and take it month-by-month from here.
I love hearing stories like this! Gives hope to all of us!

Originally Posted by Dahnie Coco /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I love hearing stories like this! Gives hope to all of us!
I'm sorta thinking, they've got 25K subscribers and 16 people answering process exceptions?  Wow nelly, they need to get the 25K up in CS bliss the way SS subscribers are before they get another 5K or 10K with aggressive media campaigns.  

I mean emails should be answered, boxes arriving mostly on time and sign-on bonuses getting to subscribers etc...

I waited 2.5 months for my lipstick and it arrived 10 days after I talked to CS with a mailing date of March 9th. 

ZoomButt.gif

But I will probably resub for another 3 months, if I get a coupon in the email, because I paid the full price for my first 3 month sub and I feel like a dunce.

ZoomButt.gif

Thanks for the information!

Originally Posted by MaiteS /img/forum/go_quote.gif

yes - Julep, Beauty Army, Birchbox and Ipsy all have their own sub groups away from the Sampling and Subscription group :]

I'm sorta thinking, they've got 25K subscribers and 16 people answering process exceptions?  Wow nelly, they need to get the 25K up in CS bliss the way SS subscribers are before they get another 5K or 10K with aggressive media campaigns.   I mean emails should be answered, boxes arriving mostly on time and sign-on bonuses getting to subscribers etc... I waited 2.5 months for my lipstick and it arrived 10 days after I talked to CS with a mailing date of March 9th. 
ZoomButt.gif

But I will probably resub for another 3 months, if I get a coupon in the email, because I paid the full price for my first 3 month sub and I feel like a dunce.
ZoomButt.gif

I just unsubscribed in hopes that they'll send another coupon before they ship.

Back