Glossybox - June 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I finally heard back from them about the missing 300 glossydots that they promised me as well as what they could do for me about the missing print and product card.  They credited my account 500 glossydots which gives me enough for a free box.  Woohoo, at least I get a free box out of all the drama of this month and the disappointment of May's box.

Originally Posted by Elizabeth Mac /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Did anyone else notice that the online version of the Glossybox magazine excludes the pages dedicated to Bondi? How rude! 
Not really rude at all considering there was no Bondi in the boxes. Keeping the content in the e-mag would have created more confusion.

I wish Glossybox would stop sending me emails.  I've unsubscribed from their emails twice now ( and received confirmation emails that I've successfully done so) and yet they still keep sending them.  They need to knock it off.

Originally Posted by dbella /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I wish Glossybox would stop sending me emails.  I've unsubscribed from their emails twice now ( and received confirmation emails that I've successfully done so) and yet they still keep sending them.  They need to knock it off.
Yeah I tried to block Julep once before and I still get their e-mails.

Originally Posted by Sunflowercake /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Something that I've found works if you don't want to see certain emails is just mark it as spam. I've done that before and then I don't have to see the emails. :)

Originally Posted by smiletorismile /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by Sunflowercake /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Something that I've found works if you don't want to see certain emails is just mark it as spam. I've done that before and then I don't have to see the emails. :)

I do that all the time with companies that never seem to get the "unsubscribe" memo. Some companies just won't quit. 
icon_rolleyes.gif

June surveys are up!  I only had 4 surveys.  No survey for the C Booth Dry mist oil.  Weird.
Same here....wanna know something painful though? Once that goes up, I'll have ::drumroll please::....990 Glossydots.....unspeakable horror lol

Ugh!  So close yet so far!  After I did that Sebastian survey for 40 points via email I was like "Whoo hoo I only needed 40 points for a free box!"  My addition was poor 930+40 does not equal 1000!  Equals 970!  At least now I have 1050!  If I could gift you 10 points I totally would!  Maybe they will update for the 5th product and you will have your 1000!

Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Same here....wanna know something painful though? Once that goes up, I'll have ::drumroll please::....990 Glossydots.....unspeakable horror lol

How exactly do you answer this question when you have to pick one and you have NEVER spent a cent in any of them? lol, oh well. 
11dh.gif

OF THE DEPARTMENT STORES THAT YOU SHOP IN, WHICH ONE IS YOUR PRIMARY CHOICE FOR FRAGRANCE PRODUCTS?

Nordstrom

Neiman Marcus

Bloomingdales

Saks Fifth Avenue

Barneys

Bergdorfs

Dillards

Lord & Taylor

Originally Posted by rainpetal /img/forum/go_quote.gif

How exactly do you answer this question when you have to pick one and you have NEVER spent a cent in any of them? lol, oh well. 
11dh.gif

OF THE DEPARTMENT STORES THAT YOU SHOP IN, WHICH ONE IS YOUR PRIMARY CHOICE FOR FRAGRANCE PRODUCTS?

Nordstrom

Neiman Marcus

Bloomingdales

Saks Fifth Avenue

Barneys

Bergdorfs

Dillards

Lord & Taylor
HAHA, I always hated that question for that very reason - I have never shopped at any of those places! I ended up choosing Nordstrom, only because I did step foot into one of them, once. But there aren't even any of those stores anywhere near me!

I hate those questions. I just pick one. It skews their data but it's their own fault for not having an other.

Originally Posted by rainpetal /img/forum/go_quote.gif

11dh.gif

Nordstrom

Neiman Marcus

Bloomingdales

Saks Fifth Avenue

Barneys

Bergdorfs

Dillards

Lord & Taylor
Yeah, I ran into a few situations like this with these surveys. That's why I loved the one where you just got to type something in. I also got to do surveys for the gift box I gave my mom. So in that box I got to explain I was filling out the survey for her and not for me. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Is anyone here still waiting on their box?  Mine's been stuck somewhere since July 1st and when I called and asked the girl (who was very very very very rude) said there's nothing she can do about it - that it's out of their hands and I have to contact the shipping service (whoever that is) for help.  When I said to her, "so I haven't gotten june's box, you've already charged me for july's box, what happens when I never get june's box?"  She replied that I need to get a claim # for the missing box if I want any help from glossybox.  When I went to the usps site, the only number I found leads to an automated service, so where would I get a claim #?  Does anyone have a # I can call where I reach a live person (without going to the PO because mine always has huge long lines).

... I'm really frustrated with their service.  I tried to be nice and polite but everytime I've called it's just more of that rude attitude.  As much as I like the boxes, I don't like dealing with their customer service when there are issues.

There really isn't much they can do once it leaves there hands. You or glossybox will have to file a claim on the box and hopefully glossy will send you a replacement.

it wasn't so much that she couldn't do anything but rather how she spoke to me.  She sounded so irritated and rude when I don't think I was being rude at all.

File a dispute with your credit card company.  Merchandise paid for and not received.  That will either get you a response or a refund.

I'd exhaust all options before disputing charges on your card. 

Call your post office and have them put a trace on the package, but first I would go over to your post office and have them look around for the package, it's possible they threw it in the pile to return to glossy box.  The burden is on you to locate your package, if they can't find the package at your post office they'll trace it, then open a claim on it, THEN you can take the claim number to glossybox for a refund. Sorry the person you contacted was rude, but I wouldn't go back to Glossbox until you've gone through all the steps of locating your package. 

If you call the main USPS customer service number they might give you the same advice and other tips on how you can locate your package, trace it and get a claim going on it.  Having that in order would go a long way to getting Glossybox to work with you on refund or new box shipped out to you.

Originally Posted by dbella /img/forum/go_quote.gif

File a dispute with your credit card company.  Merchandise paid for and not received.  That will either get you a response or a refund.
iagree.gif
 You already have done something. You called the sender and they didn't want to help. Yes, you could make a few phone calls to the people handling the package, but I don't think you should have to spend hours of your time tracking it down. That should be the responsibility of their customer service department. If they want to try to find your box and get it to you, great. Otherwise, they can either give you a refund or send a new one. Getting the credit card company involved will give you clout that you don't yet have. You tried it the nice way and they were rude. Time to play hard ball!

Yeah....why bother going to your post office to investigate if it's possibly there.  That would be such a waste of time. 
icon_rolleyes.gif

Especially if it is there.....

I guess disputing charges with your card is SO much easier and less time consuming AND you can even tell them you didn't even go look for your own package.  I'm sure they'll get you a refund right away. 

Sheesh.

Good luck!

Back