Golden Tote

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got an email from them with a $10 off code for their site being down they are only accepting visa and mastercard atm. I'm so not paying $13 for shipping though so not worth it for the price point. 

The $10 off code is 10DELAY

Originally Posted by Beauty-Flawed /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just got an email from them with a $10 off code for their site being down they are only accepting visa and mastercard atm. I'm so not paying $13 for shipping though so not worth it for the price point. 

The $10 off code is 10DELAY
You are wicked fast, lady! Got the same email...still not sure if its worth it.

I FINALLY got my order through. I should get it free just for persistence! I got the big bag with the tribal tank and polka dot sweater.

I think I may get the small tote with the blue dress....it's my style and something different and if don't like it I'll send it back! I like that they have expanded the choices now. What is the shipping for the small tote? High shipping is a deal breaker for me and the very reason I REFUSE to order from Sundance catalog even though I covet their overpriced clothes!

I got the $49 tote with the print dress and with the code it came to $52. Not bad. But the $13 for shipping is pretty bad without the code. 

Originally Posted by nicepenguins /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got the $49 tote with the print dress and with the code it came to $52. Not bad. But the $13 for shipping is pretty bad without the code. 
That is crazy!  I will probably purchase this month with the code but will not purchase again for $13 shipping for a two item tote.....that's a bummer.  There are other clothing subs out there like Popbasic, Stitchfix and Elizabeth and Clarke which ship for free and (Stitchfix and E&C have free returns!).  I would rather they skip sending the actual "tote bag" and lower the cost! 

Shipping to Canada and Alaska/Hawaii is being charged at about 77 dollars at the moment, with a promise of a refund of the difference between that and actual cost.... I love the idea of the boutique though, I wonder if those items will end up bring the mystery items for the large tote, I am coveting the Puella Maxi Dress but I think I m out for this month, nothing really caught my eye, so I took my money over to the POP Sugar Summer edition box lol

Dang....$77 to ship to Canada?

As of May I only have a US address half the year :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />.

And locally I can get quite  a lot of designer factory samples for $10-30 a piece (but only in size 6 or 8 and sold as is, no returns...might have "not for sale" on tags inside....lol.  (and the store only has 1 of each item..it is not a chain store but a small local random store).

While most of the Golden Tote items are really cute....not sure I want to pay so much for shipping.

Originally Posted by EmGee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Dang....$77 to ship to Canada?

As of May I only have a US address half the year :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />.

And locally I can get quite  a lot of designer factory samples for $10-30 a piece (but only in size 6 or 8 and sold as is, no returns...might have "not for sale" on tags inside....lol.  (and the store only has 1 of each item..it is not a chain store but a small local random store).

While most of the Golden Tote items are really cute....not sure I want to pay so much for shipping.
They will be refunding the difference between the $77 and the actual cost of $30. I know from my shipping labels that I have received that it costs them $30 without tracking and $46 with tracking to ship to Canada, so on previous totes they were losing money, I am willing to pay 30 in shipping for a large tote, but not for a small one, since the large tote you get at least 6 items for $180 (including the $30 shipping), but you only get 2 in the smaller tote for 80, and as happened to me last month I did not like the 2nd item so with the $10 increase in shipping I would have basically paid 80 for a thin hoodie 

Apparently next months sale/website roll out the shipping will be down to thirty and no refund of the difference will be required, since I live so close tot he boarder I may just ship it there. 

They posted a new dress on their Facebook page this afternoon. I guess the blue one sold out. The new one is way cute. I don't usually wear dresses or I might be a little mad I didn't have that one as an option.

I'm awfully tempted by the dress on FB. I've never tried it, but the cost of shipping is high, as many of you have mentioned. I think I prefer Elizabeth & Clarke for clothes (I just reviewed them on my blog for the first time) even though E&C has more "basic" types of pieces. But darn that dress is cute.

I ordered the smaller tote with a polka dot sweater earlier this month. This is my first order with Golden Tote and I can't seem to find anything about when they ship (their FAQ is almost nonexistent). Can anyone tell me when they usually ship?

When I got last months tote they shipped mine in about a week, hope you enjoy yours, Golden Tote has great stuff!

Originally Posted by stylishmomofnw /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When I got last months tote they shipped mine in about a week, hope you enjoy yours, Golden Tote has great stuff!
Wow, fast! Thanks! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> At least if the other item isn't something I like, I'm still sure to get something I do.

I was thinking about the small tote but they ran out of the dress! the shipping though - that's crazy. 

Latest posts

Back