Golden Tote

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How is sizing? I am sometimes a medium and sometimes a large so I am torn on which size to order. This will be my first tote

Originally Posted by heartsandwhimsy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How is sizing? I am sometimes a medium and sometimes a large so I am torn on which size to order. This will be my first tote
I have ordered three totes and except for my one sweater last time that was way too small, I think the sizing is generous....not too clingy which I like!  I am a little worried that the pieces this month in the spoiler look more "figure" conscious so not sure how that is going to work.  If I had a concern about the sizing of a particular item, I would email customer service. Hope that helps!

Ladies thanks for all the info on this one, I've been going back and forth about getting a tote for months. LOL, still can't decide but it's pretty intriguing.

The sizing on last months tote was right on for me; I actually used every single item they've sent including the bonus nail polish:) can't wait to see what's in store this Monday!

The new tote came out this morning and I like the pieces but so can't fit it into my budget this month. There new site design is nice too but it's running super slow for me :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> If you ladies order be sure to post pics I'd love to see some of the mystery items.

I was going to try Golden Tote this month, but I went to their website, and it says the $49 option is for only 2 items. Wasn't it 3-4 items before, or am I mis-remembering? Thanks!

Just checked the new site out too, it looks really nice but super slow for me too. I am kind of on the fence this month. The items look great; last month the $49 tote had up to three items ( including the one I got) but this month it says two items so they may have changed the #of items in the smaller tote. I may skip this month and get the larger tote next month. Can't decide!

Ugh the site is so frustrating! I finally got my order put together and it's declining it. Then I tried again and it said it was a duplicate order. I don't know what's going on. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I was so excited for this! The $13 shipping really sucks though.

Originally Posted by AshJs3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ugh the site is so frustrating! I finally got my order put together and it's declining it. Then I tried again and it said it was a duplicate order. I don't know what's going on.
frown.gif
I was so excited for this! The $13 shipping really sucks though.
$13 shipping!!?! I had no idea about that I will def not pay $13 for shipping they must be out of their minds.

I might do it and get the print dress in the $49 tote bc it's really cute and good for work. Is it $13 for the small tote or large tote? It was like $6 or $7 last month.

The $13 was for the large tote. I also saw on their Facebook page where they are having issues with Visa and Mastercard. That must be why mine was rejected. Hopefully they fix it soon.

$13 is steep for shipping, I paid around 5 or 6 for the smaller tote last month, I almost feel like shipping should be the same or free when you purchase the big tote so I am surprised by this!

I tried to buy the accessory tote and a scarf from the store and it wanted 17 for shipping. :-/  

That shipping is a deal breaker for me. It should be included in the price of the tote. It's honestly ridiculously high.

I could MAYBE see charging shipping for the small tote, but if I was shelling out for the big tote and it came up with shipping, I wouldn't go through with the order. I keep wanting to order, but my sizes are too different between brands that I can't justify it.

Just checked the new site out too, it looks really nice but super slow for me too. I am kind of on the fence this month. The items look great; last month the $49 tote had up to three items ( including the one I got) but this month it says two items so they may have changed the #of items in the smaller tote. I may skip this month and get the larger tote next month. Can't decide!
Actually I ordered the smaller tote last month for the 1st time (I usually get the larger one) and was suprised to only find 2 items in it and so I double checked the webpage and was sad to see that it said 2 to 3 items then as well. As for shipping charges I know when my boxes arrive the postage stamp indicates shipping of between 30 and 40 dollars for my large totes and I have only ever paid $20 (I am canadian) so I am almost scared to see what the charge is now. I understand that USPS has increased their shipping costs though as most of my U.S subs have increased :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

You

Actually I ordered the smaller tote last month for the 1st time (I usually get the larger one) and was suprised to only find 2 items in it and so I double checked the webpage and was sad to see that it said 2 to 3 items then as well. As for shipping charges I know when my boxes arrive the postage stamp indicates shipping of between 30 and 40 dollars for my large totes and I have only ever paid $20 (I am canadian) so I am almost scared to see what the charge is now. I understand that USPS has increased their shipping costs though as most of my U.S subs have increased :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
You are right, it did say 2-3 items last month as well but I guess for me it was the option of maybe getting three items that made the smaller tote more attractive:) In my case last month I got three items and little extras( the polish and the hair ties) which made me think the small tote was such a great deal. I bet they would include some surprise items still ( such nice people the owners seem to be:) but I guess having the possibility of receiving three items for me was exciting:)) Hope they'll figure out the shipping both for US and Canada customers at a reasonable set fee, I for sure think especially the big tote should have a low shipping cost!

I wish their site would come back up. I made a big Madewell order last night so now every hour that goes by I question if I should get this tote. I REALLY want that Ikat cami though.

Back