Julep: December 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by MissReginaRage /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am interested in joining Julep. Although I don't know very much about it I do know that I LOVE nail polishes! I am a little tight on cash right now because of Christmas and all. I currently have 3 subs (2nd month at BB, 2nd month at Ipsy, first month at Glossy) so I keep telling myself that I don't need any more but the colors in the Boho Glam intro box are EXACTLY the 2 colors that I am currently looking for!  (Toni - grey crème with a hint of purple & Michelle - midnight, inky blue.) Can anyone tell me if this is always the intro box or does it change every month because I would really like to have these colors and wouldn't want to miss out on them if I wait until the next month or so to join. and when would I receive my first box if I ordered now? Also, any other tips and tricks would be extremely helpful (promo codes and other offers) because I am so confused by all the talk about the golden box and the full collection options. I don't want to decide to order now and miss out on an awesome secret offer! lol & do you think that these polishes better than Essie? I have always just grabbed any polish off the shelf as long as it was the color I was looking for but I tried Essie recently and WOW. it changed my life. I now see that there ARE great polishes out there but you just have to pay a little more for them. Any help at all would be appreciated! Thanks guys!!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
The intro box changes infrequently. I think it did change around September 15th with the launch of the new website, but before that, they only changed the boxes slightly every 2-3 months. Usually it would be like one colour from the box get replaced, but the products stay the same. I think a lot of it has to do with the changing of the seasons (like springy-->summery colours go from autumny-->wintery colours) I think you should be okay if you don't. Also, remember the first month can be obtained for $0.01 with code PENNY so it's practically free. You just can skip the next months if your budget is tight.

Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by MissReginaRage /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am interested in joining Julep. Although I don't know very much about it I do know that I LOVE nail polishes! I am a little tight on cash right now because of Christmas and all. I currently have 3 subs (2nd month at BB, 2nd month at Ipsy, first month at Glossy) so I keep telling myself that I don't need any more but the colors in the Boho Glam intro box are EXACTLY the 2 colors that I am currently looking for!  (Toni - grey crème with a hint of purple & Michelle - midnight, inky blue.) Can anyone tell me if this is always the intro box or does it change every month because I would really like to have these colors and wouldn't want to miss out on them if I wait until the next month or so to join. and when would I receive my first box if I ordered now? Also, any other tips and tricks would be extremely helpful (promo codes and other offers) because I am so confused by all the talk about the golden box and the full collection options. I don't want to decide to order now and miss out on an awesome secret offer! lol & do you think that these polishes better than Essie? I have always just grabbed any polish off the shelf as long as it was the color I was looking for but I tried Essie recently and WOW. it changed my life. I now see that there ARE great polishes out there but you just have to pay a little more for them. Any help at all would be appreciated! Thanks guys!!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
The intro box changes infrequently. I think it did change around September 15th with the launch of the new website, but before that, they only changed the boxes slightly every 2-3 months. Usually it would be like one colour from the box get replaced, but the products stay the same. I think a lot of it has to do with the changing of the seasons (like springy-->summery colours go from autumny-->wintery colours) I think you should be okay if you don't. Also, remember the first month can be obtained for $0.01 with code PENNY so it's practically free. You just can skip the next months if your budget is tight.

I had no idea about the promo code! I am still stumbling to find my way around the site so thank you so much! I am officially ordering today :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I have literally been looking for these exact 2 colors in my usual brands for weeks now so it seems like a perfect fit so far. thanks again!!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

So I just received my Julep boxes and I got the whole collection, glitter and glow add-ons(free with points) and my third mystery tracking number was a Golden Box! Overall I only got 4 polishes that I already own so they will make a great gift for my friends. I will be taking pictures of everything tomorrow considering my collection just expanded by 28 polishes and for only $50!
Lucky you! I will look forward to some pictures.

Originally Posted by MissReginaRage /img/forum/go_quote.gif

... & do you think that these polishes better than Essie? I have always just grabbed any polish off the shelf as long as it was the color I was looking for but I tried Essie recently and WOW. it changed my life. I now see that there ARE great polishes out there but you just have to pay a little more for them. Any help at all would be appreciated! Thanks guys!!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
 I don't think they are better, I do think they are around the same quality :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Originally Posted by zorabell /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So I just received my Julep boxes and I got the whole collection, glitter and glow add-ons(free with points) and my third mystery tracking number was a Golden Box! Overall I only got 4 polishes that I already own so they will make a great gift for my friends. I will be taking pictures of everything tomorrow considering my collection just expanded by 28 polishes and for only $50!
Oh wow!! Congrats :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Ahhh congrats!!! I hope to someday receive a Golden Box! Can't wait to see pics!

my box still hasn't shipped :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> the order info page says the it girl box I ordered is 'backordered' and it also says my payment was deferred or something? I emailed customer service so hopefully it gets straightened out soon, but I want my pretty glitterness! 

Originally Posted by jessiedoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

my box still hasn't shipped :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> the order info page says the it girl box I ordered is 'backordered' and it also says my payment was deferred or something? I emailed customer service so hopefully it gets straightened out soon, but I want my pretty glitterness! 
what they told me is if you use jules on part of your oder it says payment deferred, but i could be wrong in your case. but i figured id let you know what i was told coz mine said the same thing

Did anyone who ordered the Glitter & Glow set get theirs yet? It's still showing up as backordered on the website for me and I'm not home because of course I had to go and get a new job and move. My addons were supposed to have arrived a few days after I left, and I'm not going to get home for another week =_= Of course my wardrobe from last month still says backordered, and I obviously got those already.

So as promised here is a picture of everything I received, golden box, nail wardrobe, and the glitter and glow set

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What she said! All that glittery goodness is making me drool...or I could be tired and need to go to sleep lol.
lol I had to wrap everything up for Christmas so I wouldn't play with them
icon_rolleyes.gif

So as promised here is a picture of everything I received, golden box, nail wardrobe, and the glitter and glow set

wow that is just fantastic!

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Awesome Zorabell. Lol, I'd be swatched out and happy ha ha. Congratulations, it all looks great.
After I got everything in the mail my husband walked by my nail polish collection and asked if I really needed to buy more... Men they just don't understand, I mean my collection is only about 80 polishes right now.

After I got everything in the mail my husband walked by my nail polish collection and asked if I really needed to buy more... Men they just don't understand, I mean my collection is only about 80 polishes right now.
They really don't! Mine is way less than yours, like 60(
icon_cry.gif
), but ofc I always want more! And the bf is like: but you have so many! So what? I need more!!!

Back