Julep: December 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bet you will! They have to be overloaded right now with Black Friday, Cyber Monday, Secret Store, Maven boxes, Add ons, etc. - that's a lot to deal with in the span of a week or so :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I've only gotten the two maven box emails, I'm still waiting on my secret store & add-on shipments but I'm sure they'll be out soon enough! 

Ya, maybe they are just really busy, I'll try to call again tomorrow, I tried calling on saturday, during business hours and I just couldn't get through, but thank you for helping me keep my hopes up :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Bummer!

So I got the two Maven Box shipments, with separate tracking numbers like the other golden box winners. Excitedly went out to get my mail today and it was my December Box and my Add-ons. I'm glad to have gotten everything but was really hoping it was the Golden Box! Oh well, maybe next time :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Excited to play with my new glitters and design my ring though!

I apparently liked Julia so much that I ordered it as an add-on, forgot, then ordered it in the secret store. Whoops.

My add on came today. So happy that I upgraded to the whole wardrobe and added the set of five glitters. 16 polishes for free using Julep Jules. And these are GLITTERS. The cat in my simply loves the shiny, shiny, sparkly, sparkly.

(I need a cat emoticon.
arco.gif
)

welp, I have three tracking emails. one for "add on" is not working 

this is the weirdest weirdness, but ohhhmyyygawwwd the it girl colors are amazing.

they became the first three advent gifts form my boyfriend. LOVE all three. 

i was sad i didn't upgrade to the whole kit.

I got a Golden box and the tracking number started with 9405! I didn't even know about these little surprises from Julep. Hope you girls get one too!

Originally Posted by makeupmaven87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got a Golden box and the tracking number started with 9405! I didn't even know about these little surprises from Julep. Hope you girls get one too!
yay! congrats!

Nice! I'm so jealous of everyone who has gotten a golden box.

I still keep hoping for one. I've been a sub since they started, so I feel sad that I haven't gotten one yet, even though I know it's random.

My December order came and I can't wait to use the colors. They all look so pretty!

I also got my 2  of the whte boxes that I ordered. I really really wish I could afford to get enough of them to put all my colors in, but there's just no way. I'd have to spend like $80 on boxes which seems totally silly.

It's really too bad that they don't give you a free box if you buy 12 polishes from them or something. Lord knows I've spent enough on them in the past year that they could at least throw in a free box or SOMETHING.

I mean, I figured it out and I've spent at least $500 on their stuff in a year, which personally I think is a ton of money for nail polish. But I really love their stuff!

Has anyone received shipping notifications for their secret store orders yet? It's been almost a week, I was charged last Wednesday and no sign of when it's shipping yet.

So I found a post on Beaut.ie the other day about removing glitter polish and it was GENIUS! Thought I'd share here..she painted her nails with a coat or two of modge podge and then followed the typical basecoat, polish/glitter polish, top coat routine.

When she wanted it off she kinda "broke the seal" at her cuticle with a cuticle stick and was able to peel the whole poilsh job off in one piece! It looked amazing and she said there wasn't any wear or damage issues. I'm so trying this when I get my box:)

Originally Posted by Generalissima /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So I found a post on Beaut.ie the other day about removing glitter polish and it was GENIUS! Thought I'd share here..she painted her nails with a coat or two of modge podge and then followed the typical basecoat, polish/glitter polish, top coat routine.

When she wanted it off she kinda "broke the seal" at her cuticle with a cuticle stick and was able to peel the whole poilsh job off in one piece! It looked amazing and she said there wasn't any wear or damage issues. I'm so trying this when I get my box:)
That's the glue trick. You can do the same with white Elmer's glue since it's non-toxic.

I got my notice today...it starts with 9405, does that mean anything? I saw ppl saying: mine starts with 9400 or something...

Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got my notice today...it starts with 9405, does that mean anything? I saw ppl saying: mine starts with 9400 or something...
Not necessarily. One of my packages was 9405 and it was the add ons. If this is for your main box MAYBE it's a Golden box. Good luck!

I can't remember which thread the topic of Julep's Cindy versus Zoya's Logan came up since they look similar in the bottle. Anyway, after swatching them next to each other, (I didn't take any pics since it's so late), Logan is definitely a darker metallic green with blue undertones to it and Cindy is definitely a lime green metallic. It's actually closer to Zoya's Meg, but that's a finer glitter and more of a pastel green. Both Logan and Cindy are of the same type glitter finish, but they're definitely not the same once you get them on the nail itself.

So Jealous! Congrats!

Originally Posted by makeupmaven87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I really wished I had ordered  the whole wardrobe for this month. It was my first month after the intro box and I was still a bit confused about the site. It would be nice if there was another opportunity to purchase the whole set. I love shiny and sparkly things. Hopefully my it girl box arrives soon and  a golden box ( I wish).

Back