Julep: December 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone get the email about the Julep warehouse sale? It's limited, since you'll have to be in Seattle on Dec. 8, but tempting... Wonder if I should try to go? Lol
Damn it!  I'll be in Portland this weekend - otherwise I would so be there!

I need to get one of those nail wheels and swatch everything I have.. several, actually lol.

Is that what you nail lovers typically do? I sometimes forget what my polishes dry to and when layering shades, I end up swatching on my nails too much. I'm fine with regular skincare, but am not the best with remembering to apply cuticle oil daily and my nails peel at times.
frown.gif
I don't use cuticle oil, but I do use Nailtiques Formula 2 and a cuticle moisturizer every time I got to bed...and my nails STILL peel...I really don't know what it is I'm doing/not doing/doing wrong at this point...I give up

For those of you whose nails peel, I would highly recommend taking a B complex vitamin. B strengthens the nails and hair. My nails peel and I have noticed quite the difference from taking a daily multivitamin and a B complex. A lot of people are deficient in their vitamins and nutrients, thus abnormal things like nail peeling occur.

Originally Posted by WanderlustinWA /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone get the email about the Julep warehouse sale? It's limited, since you'll have to be in Seattle on Dec. 8, but tempting... Wonder if I should try to go? Lol
Damn it!  I'll be in Portland this weekend - otherwise I would so be there!

It's next weekend. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm on the other side of the state but am SO tempted to go.

For those of you whose nails peel, I would highly recommend taking a B complex vitamin. B strengthens the nails and hair. My nails peel and I have noticed quite the difference from taking a daily multivitamin and a B complex. A lot of people are deficient in their vitamins and nutrients, thus abnormal things like nail peeling occur.
Thanks..but I always forget to take vitamins lol..even leave them in the bathroom. I'll probably have to leave them out on the counter as a reminder.

It's next weekend. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm on the other side of the state but am SO tempted to go.
I'm debating.. I RSVPed just in case. I'm a ferry ride away from Seattle! Will be there that Friday night, for the Nutcracker show. One of my besties surprised me with tix! So, a late night since our show starts at 7pm and finding a friend who wants to tag along on Saturday? Buuuut..the email said polishes starting @$3 and products @$6?! And, first 50 will get a tote filled with goodies?! I'm talking myself into it, damnit! Lol..help.

I'm going!
yay.gif
<- this cracks me up!

I'm going! :yay: <- this cracks me up!
Really?! Awesome! I'm probably going to go. It'd be fun to see if any other MUT ladies are going and if we could spot each other lol! I always like to go to Seattle, but usually end up there for club/bar hopping nights lol. Need to start going to the "big" city more and hitting up shops. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Their Day 2 deal is 60% off the gem collection with the code "GEM" it looks like it's on the whole collection, so 12 colors for $64

I'm always such a sucker for "a-deal-a-day" type promotions around the holidays :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by kawaiimeows /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Their Day 2 deal is 60% off the gem collection with the code "GEM" it looks like it's on the whole collection, so 12 colors for $64

I'm always such a sucker for "a-deal-a-day" type promotions around the holidays :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
): that's still $14 more expensive than it was in the secret store. Granted, it is still $20 cheaper than the general discount they're giving.

I think the problem with julep's business model is sometimes they sell things so cheaply (aka the $5 addons) it really just depreciates the value of their products in general... :

Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

): that's still $14 more expensive than it was in the secret store. Granted, it is still $20 cheaper than the general discount they're giving.

I think the problem with julep's business model is sometimes they sell things so cheaply (aka the $5 addons) it really just depreciates the value of their products in general... :
I totally agree, which is why I don't buy their polishes as much as other brands, unless I know it's as cheap as it's going to get. The one plus side to this promo is people who didn't get secret store access will have an opportunity to get it at a somewhat discounted rate.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Sorry, but "this" I meant the weekend in question, Dec 7-9..... I think in my excitement/frustration that came out wrong :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Currently in Seattle.  Leaving Friday for Portland.  No Julep sale for me.  That's probably for the best though.....

I got a golden box the very first month after the intro box.  It seemed like the few others I've seen with the golden box had the same story.  Penny box the first month, golden box the next.  

Originally Posted by DragonChick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's really nice. It does smell like new box, but letting it sit out in the open should get the smell to dissipate in no time. Bottom is entirely lined with felt to keep it from skidding. The outside is that shiny white laquer, inside is black with the Julep logo in silver. I like that the logo is on the  inside and not the outside. The one I received comes with the spacers in place for 12 bottles of nail polish, but you can take those out and move em around as needed. It's also packaged in a nice little white cardboard box that is definitely repurposable. I'd use it to wrap gifts with in a heartbeat.

Overall, it's definitely worth the $20 they have it listed for in the shop and I bought a second one from the secret store. I bought my first one at full maven price Friday. But after I did the math on what I spent on items, freebies I received, and adding in the Zulily voucher I used, I think I came out better than the Cyber Monday coupon I was sent.
Thanks!  Might have to pick one up next time it's offered!

Waaaaaaah everybody who got two shipping emails got a golden box except for me :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> poop just my luck, I'm the only person who got a second shipping email in error rather than for the golden box.

I'm still not sure about mine yet! I got the two maven dec. box e-mails (with different order numbers/tracking numbers) but I haven't received either to confirm. I don't want to get my hopes up! One should come tomorrow though :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Did anyone else on here get the Golden box this month? One of my Dec. Maven box e-mails just says "your order # has shipped" - no actual number just that # sign! I  I thought that was weird and was wondering if anyone else had seen that. The second email has a 5 digit order # that doesn't match any of my order #s on the site too. 

I'm still not sure about mine yet! I got the two maven dec. box e-mails (with different order numbers/tracking numbers) but I haven't received either to confirm. I don't want to get my hopes up! One should come tomorrow though :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Did anyone else on here get the Golden box this month? One of my Dec. Maven box e-mails just says "your order # has shipped" - no actual number just that # sign! I  I thought that was weird and was wondering if anyone else had seen that. The second email has a 5 digit order # that doesn't match any of my order #s on the site too. 
Both of mine are just the # as well! Here's to hoping we both get golden boxes :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by gypsiemagic /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Both of mine are just the # as well! Here's to hoping we both get golden boxes
smile.gif
Indeed! Do you know when you're supposed to get yours yet?

Back