Julep: February 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks Kate.

For people wondering, Ginger is very pretty in person (but like most holos will show flakiness of your nails). Ginger had a great formula though and dried quickly. Laura is a nice color but the formula seemed very thin and watery. It was still a 2 coater with careful application but I could easily see how thinner patches could show up and require 3 coats. 

Originally Posted by jennm149 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Got my Cupid mystery box and secret store order today. I got a three pound mystery box, with 7 polishes (Eileen, Petra, Morgan, Carrie, Lynn, Maria and Molly), a coupon for a free polish, hand lotion, the nail therapy base coat, Topcoat for hair and the pink grapefruit body frosting. Yay - no lip gloss, because the only lip product i can stand is Byte. The only duplicate I got was Petra, which also came in the Secret Store set I ordered. One of the Petras was damaged in shipping, so I just tossed it. And I paid this with the Bloomspot $20 for $50, so it was even a better deal.
What an awesome box!

So I got my introductory "it girl" box and it was not what was pictured when I placed the order. I am beyond disappointed. Here is what the colors were supposed to look like 

I wanted that beautiful green color SOOO bad. Is it worth contacting CS? I spent like an hour agonizing over which box to choose, then I got something completely different which colors I don't even like. And one of them isn't even an "it girl" color. 

Edit: Link removed, photo added

Originally Posted by drugsNmakeup /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So I got my introductory "it girl" box and it was not what was pictured when I placed the order. I am beyond disappointed. Here is what the colors were supposed to look like

I wanted that beautiful green color SOOO bad. Is it worth contacting CS? I spent like an hour agonizing over which box to choose, then I got something completely different which colors I don't even like. And one of them isn't even an "it girl" color. 
they say on their site when you order them that the colors may change depending on availability of colors.

Originally Posted by kawaiimeows /img/forum/go_quote.gif

they say on their site when you order them that the colors may change depending on availability of colors.
I should have read more closely. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> thanks for pointing that out.

I should have read more closely. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> thanks for pointing that out.
It happened to me too back in the day when I got my first intro box, unfortunately : I can't even remember what color it was that I was gunning for now hahah.

So I got my introductory "it girl" box and it was not what was pictured when I placed the order. I am beyond disappointed. Here is what the colors were supposed to look like http://drugsnmakeup.wordpress.com/2013/02/07/julep-maven-madness/ I wanted that beautiful green color SOOO bad. Is it worth contacting CS? I spent like an hour agonizing over which box to choose, then I got something completely different which colors I don't even like. And one of them isn't even an "it girl" color. 
I've heard really great things about Julep's CS even though I haven't had any experience with them personally. I would go ahead and contact them. It definitely couldn't hurt!

Well.... I got my mystery box and I'm on the phone right now (well in hold music land on the third callback so far since I keep getting vm) with them since I'm missing the packing slip AND the holo/free polish coupon.

What I did receive was Susie (The only real dupe for me), Alfre, Jane and Audrey (which holding the bottle up, looks like a dupe for Zoya's Gei Gei) and the lip gloss in Poppy.

Edited to add that I just got off the phone and this box was supposed to have the free polish voucher in it and it was going to be emailed to me.

She did ask me if it looked like the package may have been tampered with, if it looked like someone tried to wiggle in and pull out the code/packing slip. Near as I could tell, it didn't, I don't know if this is a recent problem since they just seal the smaller boxes with the shipping label or if someone genuinely forgot to add the paper pieces to the box.

Originally Posted by erio /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Anyone else ready for the 20th? Or is it too soon lol
lmao a bit soon! haha but I can't wait! I hope this bag it's worth it, it'll be free for me, yay!

Originally Posted by jennm149 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Got my Cupid mystery box and secret store order today. I got a three pound mystery box, with 7 polishes (Eileen, Petra, Morgan, Carrie, Lynn, Maria and Molly), a coupon for a free polish, hand lotion, the nail therapy base coat, Topcoat for hair and the pink grapefruit body frosting. Yay - no lip gloss, because the only lip product i can stand is Byte. The only duplicate I got was Petra, which also came in the Secret Store set I ordered. One of the Petras was damaged in shipping, so I just tossed it. And I paid this with the Bloomspot $20 for $50, so it was even a better deal.

Wow, you got all 7 in the mystery box?

What color should I get for my extra polish voucher -  I was thinking rebel or ginger or should I wait for a new spring color- I literally got 10 polishes last month between my maven box, secret store, & mystery box.  It's an addiction !! 

I am soo happy with my my mystery box!  I haven't ordered one before, because it was too much of a risk for me (I don't really have any use for browns/neutrals). I was so psyched to get a box of all reds/pinks!  I don't really own any reds or pink polishes (excluding color club's put a pin in it from birchbox, essie's cut above, and for reds I literally only had opi's on collins ave, which is super orange).  I liked all the colors I got, I don't have a lack of reds/pinks because I dislike them, I'm just in love with blues of all shades.

Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by erio /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Anyone else ready for the 20th? Or is it too soon lol
lmao a bit soon! haha but I can't wait! I hope this bag it's worth it, it'll be free for me, yay!

Lol no way! I bet u they will release a teaser this week! 

Originally Posted by ledfordica /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm thinking hard about ordering the 1/2 off $100 gift card. SOMEONE TALK ME DOWN!
I can't. I gave in cause you can reuse the gift card and it'll come in handy for secret store and mystery box purchases.

i have 27 juleps now. 14 from just using the bloomspot deal this month. $38 for 14 bottles brings it down to $2.70 a bottle. It was too good of a deal.

I'm thinking hard about ordering the 1/2 off $100 gift card. SOMEONE TALK ME DOWN!

ROFLOL Around here? Are you kidding? We're enablers around here. LOL

devilish.gif

I would talk you down, but this is too good of a deal.  Ugh.  I am giving up purchasing makeup for Lent (WHY WHY WHY) and my plan is to buy the giftcard before Ash Wednesday begins. Oh, the logic of a beauty lover.

Originally Posted by Shauna999 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What color should I get for my extra polish voucher -  I was thinking rebel or ginger or should I wait for a new spring color- I literally got 10 polishes last month between my maven box, secret store, & mystery box.  It's an addiction !! 
If you didn't get Evangeline, you definitely should order it.  I love the nudes, especially Teresa and Amelia.  That's just me, though.  You might have different nail polish color preferences.

Latest posts

Back