Julep: February 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ROFLOL Around here? Are you kidding? We're enablers around here. LOL

devilish.gif
Haha absolutely.

Originally Posted by ledfordica /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm thinking hard about ordering the 1/2 off $100 gift card. SOMEONE TALK ME DOWN!
No way. I am buying one. You should join me.
devilish.gif

I bought Seche Clear & Seche Vite to see if I could make Evangeline last longer.  I just finished applying Seche Vite and, oh, dear God, it smells AWFUL.  It's worse than Julep's fast dry top coat.

Does anyone know if the email I send the gift card to is the one that has to use the gift card?

Originally Posted by audiophilekate /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I bought Seche Clear & Seche Vite to see if I could make Evangeline last longer.  I just finished applying Seche Vite and, oh, dear God, it smells AWFUL.  It's worse than Julep's fast dry top coat.
To me it smells like varnish XD You'll get used to it ^^

Originally Posted by hiheather /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Does anyone know if the email I send the gift card to is the one that has to use the gift card?
I doubt it. They send the gift card as a code by email and you just enter it when you checkout. I don't think it matters who uses it.

My "to" and "from" fields were the same and I got the gift card just fine.  I haven't tried using it, but I'm sure it will work.

I actually like the smell of Seche Vite but then again I also like the smell of sharpies and gasoline. :/

I ordered the $50 gift card. I might end up ordering another because I've decided I really want the white box of polish.

Originally Posted by maeiland /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I actually like the smell of Seche Vite but then again I also like the smell of sharpies and gasoline. :/
I'm the same way. I love Seche Vite just because of the smell. It also makes me feel like I'm at the salon but without the pain and price.

Me, me, me! ! Lol. . I'm Linda and I don't mind obnoxious chemical smells. .. probably from my lil tyke days of sniffing those awesome fruity markers lol.

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Me, me, me! ! Lol. . I'm Linda and I don't mind obnoxious chemical smells. .. probably from my lil tyke days of sniffing those awesome fruity markers lol.
I don't mind it either, I kinda like it XD I like markers smell too and paint thinner XD I don't sniff stuff...just before anyone thinks I do lol I just like the smell XD

Has anyone been to the Julep website? there's a new modern beauty intro box  with just products.

I'm going to be adding the Camellia lip gloss to my trade thread if anyone wants it. I mulled it over and I think it's going to be way too light. I'd rather not risk it by opening to swatch.

Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Has anyone been to the Julep website? there's a new modern beauty intro box  with just products.
Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

maybe that mans there will be a new style profile O.O
Yep, I noticed when I was on my profile page...it is Modern Beauty and it will be two beauty products per month.

Originally Posted by jesemiaud /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yep, I noticed when I was on my profile page...it is Modern Beauty and it will be two beauty products per month.
Makes sense since they have it girl for polish lovers.

That's kinda meh imo

After cleaning, doing the dishes, and taking a shower, my nail polish looks exactly the way it did right after I applied the top coat.  As pathetic as this sounds, it's kind of a first for a Julep polish for me to last a day without any signs of wear.  I don't know if it's the Seche Clear, Seche Vite, or both, but they're my new HG base and top coats (respectively).  I love that you can apply Seche Vite on wet polish and it still dries quickly.  Of course, that IS what "seche vite" means - quick dry.  I should have made this purchase sooner.

Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Makes sense since they have it girl for polish lovers.
$20 for two beauty products isn't worth it imo.
They must have some sort of demand for it.  Personally, I like my regular American Beauty box - it's a nice combination of nail polish and products.  I've contemplated trying It Girl for a month, but I never do.  I don't know if a Modern Beauty box would be worth it for 2 products, but I subscribe to Julep for the nail polish.  The products are always just extras for me.  The only one I've received in my boxes that I've really liked was the pedi cream.  I've been using it almost daily since September.

Back