Julep: February 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, and as someone who has pretty much every color of polish necessary with the exception of new trends that come out (ie pixie dust etc), I love having the option to still get a box, but not get polish. It might help with my hoarding!

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh, I'm not mad/don't care, it was just an observation :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> . I think I've only gotten the american beauty box maybe 2 or 3 times? Its so easy to change on julep, before or after boxes are announced, I can't foresee anyone caring too much. 
Once in a while, people will forget to pick or skip, and they'll mention it on Facebook. If someone who wanted polish before with AB and just happened to forget and get switched to MB, I forsee a future of unnecessary whining all over the FB page. I think Julep should at least give the courtesy of all their former AB members an email being like, "Hey we switched you" and then send a general email announcing it so AB people get it at least twice.

Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Once in a while, people will forget to pick or skip, and they'll mention it on Facebook. If someone who wanted polish before with AB and just happened to forget and get switched to MB, I forsee a future of unnecessary whining all over the FB page. I think Julep should at least give the courtesy of all their former AB members an email being like, "Hey we switched you" and then send a general email announcing it so AB people get it at least twice.
I saw on Facebook that they will be sending emails to all those who got their profiles switched. I think the emails should have came before the switch, not after.

Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah, and I bet they will. BUT its not really juelps fault if someone doesn't read the maven email, and if someone doesn't read the normal box announcments they are in my mind evenless likely to read any other julep email. Of course people will still complain about anything. 

Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I saw on Facebook that they will be sending emails to all those who got their profiles switched. I think the emails should have came before the switch, not after.
The switch doesn't really have any kind of impact until the 20th though, you know? Most people probably aren't logging in and seeing what their maven profile is on a regular basis. I know I didn't/wouldn't until I saw someone post it here, and only did so to confirm and post it on this board. 

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The switch doesn't really have any kind of impact until the 20th though, you know? Most people probably aren't logging in and seeing what their maven profile is on a regular basis. I know I didn't/wouldn't until I saw someone post it here, and only did so to confirm and post it on this board. 
I agree with you, but im sure people will complain they were not notified before the switch. Theres a lot of people that complain just for the sake of complaining, I already saw a few complains on their Facebook page from yesterday. Im curious how they will handle this new profile if there will be 2 new products each month or one new and one previously released.

I agree with you, but im sure people will complain they were not notified before the switch. Theres a lot of people that complain just for the sake of complaining, I already saw a few complains on their Facebook page from yesterday. Im curious how they will handle this new profile if there will be 2 new products each month or one new and one previously released.
I wouldn't mind getting some of the old products, tbh. If it's cuticle oil or base coat, I'd love to get stuff like that rather than hoping they show up in the secret store. But then people will probably complain about that, haha

Got my favorite things from the secret store today. I love the white box it comes in. Do you get the same box when you upgrade to a full wardrobe?

Originally Posted by Ashitude /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Got my favorite things from the secret store today. I love the white box it comes in. Do you get the same box when you upgrade to a full wardrobe?
They had the white jewelry box as an option if you upgraded in February, I ended up upgrading because of it. I  dont know if they will continue to offer it.

Originally Posted by jennm149 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I noticed last week that it looked like the Maven boxed had been changed.  But now it also looks like the "American Beauty" maven option is gone, replaced with the "Modern Beauty" products only version.  If you ordered an American Beauty box, that might be why your box was cancelled.

On the Style Profile page, they show AB as "retired" (maybe going for a more international approach?), and have added MB.  The Maven Exclusive page shows just 4 intro boxes with polish, and the Modern Beauty product-only box.

Call customer service to see if they can help. 
Boo.  I'm glad I read this.  I switched to CwaT.  *pouts*

Originally Posted by Shauna999 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So I was able to apply my code from the mystery box  & used the "love"  code-  I got a $50 voucher for $11 :)
It says they'll cancel any gift card voucher orders that use gift cards to buy them. 

Quote: Please note: Any julep.com gift card purchase that uses a julep.com gift card as the form of payment will be cancelled.

If they haven't caught you yet, I'd say you should probably go ahead and use it before they do... otherwise, good luck. Hopefully they won't catch it or if they do, they'll at least give you your $14 code back

I caved and bought the $100 gift card and justified it because I'm canceling my SquareHue box this month. Also, my mystery box was delivered this morning- and I'm 200 miles away! I'm going nuts wondering what I got in mine!

i got the "your profile has been switched" email with the option to change it, so at least we know its getting rolled out =)

i got the "your profile has been switched" email with the option to change it, so at least we know its getting rolled out =)
My profile is It Girl, and I received an email giving me the option to switch to the new profile.

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My profile is It Girl, and I received an email giving me the option to switch to the new profile.
Same here and I'm CWaT I think they just send it to all of us.

(I hope that worked)

Back