Julep: February 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ive been stalking the julep site for that pedi cream its been out of stock for like 2 months now. They sent me two samples of it and I want it so bad! Lol

Originally Posted by Beeyutifull /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ive been stalking the julep site for that pedi cream its been out of stock for like 2 months now. They sent me two samples of it and I want it so bad! Lol
I got it in my intro box, which I received while I was recovering from ankle surgery.  As soon as I transitioned to a walking cast, I started using it.  I bought 2 or 3 extras in October, I think.  The bottles may be kinda small, but they last forever.  I only JUST finished my 1st.  Did you receive the packets or the bottle?

I received the tiny packets that I squeezed dry to get all the product out. I really need them to get stock on that item pronto.

Some months I just am not into the polishes, but I'm interested in the products. Remember, frequently the products are also nail-related stuff like the nail treatment and top coat from this month. They're nail essentials that no one think about because it's not as glamourous, but run out far faster than a bottle of polish. I'm glad to have the option, even if I probably won't pick it frequently. Besides, if you like products, you can always add on the polishes from the monthly boxes for $5 -- which is cheaper than the $7 they'd come out to as the "main" part of the box.

I like the pedi cream, it's OK, but I thin Flexitol works better XD And they have the same active(?) ingredient ^^

Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Some months I just am not into the polishes, but I'm interested in the products. Remember, frequently the products are also nail-related stuff like the nail treatment and top coat from this month. They're nail essentials that no one think about because it's not as glamourous, but run out far faster than a bottle of polish. I'm glad to have the option, even if I probably won't pick it frequently. Besides, if you like products, you can always add on the polishes from the monthly boxes for $5 -- which is cheaper than the $7 they'd come out to as the "main" part of the box.
True that's a very good point :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Beeyutifull /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have two bottles. One I used twice and the other just hidden in one of my sample collection boxes. I'd be happy to swap though I haven't had any experience in swapping yet.

Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I like the pedi cream, it's OK, but I thin Flexitol works better XD And they have the same active(?) ingredient ^^
What does it smell like?  I love the scent of the Julep one.

Originally Posted by audiophilekate /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What does it smell like?  I love the scent of the Julep one.
well, it doesn't smell like anything special, it's a balm for cracked heels, though it helps make your skin smooth even if your heels are not cracked :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I use my emjoi micro pedi then work Flexitol in, apply a nice thick coat of vaseline and put fluffy socks on. It's amazing for your feet, I picked up the advice from jalapena2007 on youtube :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

well, it doesn't smell like anything special, it's a balm for cracked heels, though it helps make your skin smooth even if your heels are not cracked :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I use my emjoi micro pedi then work Flexitol in, apply a nice thick coat of vaseline and put fluffy socks on. It's amazing for your feet, I picked up the advice from jalapena2007 on youtube :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 
Haha I read "emjoi" as "emoji."  I'll have to try to find Flexitol and try that.  Thank you!  

Originally Posted by audiophilekate /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Haha I read "emjoi" as "emoji."  I'll have to try to find Flexitol and try that.  Thank you!  

Haha so did I!

note from Zadi: Had to fix the quote since the quote tag was broken.

I signed up last week as well and the contents of the box switched after I placed the order.  I contacted customer service and they are sending me the colors that I wanted initially (and told me to keep the original box).  So I would say to email or call!

I was very excited by the mystery box I got.  Certainly don't expect anything like it again (at least not anytime soon ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> ), but now I've got so much polish it may be tough to justify buying any more any time soon.  Lucky for me, my husband is a collector, so when he asks why I get so much nail polish, I just tell him it's my new collection and he nods and says "OK."

I had ordered two mystery boxes--- and both of which turned out to have the same exact contents. so frustrating- but it turns out I didnt read the fine print-- I had made two different orders which they said could result in duplicates. I contacted julep and although it was my mistake they offered my one free polish of my choice- which was so kind! Very impressed with their Customer Service!

I ordered a intro Maven box, they cancelled the order on me. So I ordered again this time with two add ons, they cancelled the Maven box yesterday but the add ons came today.

I'm REALLY annoyed with Julep now. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I noticed last week that it looked like the Maven boxed had been changed.  But now it also looks like the "American Beauty" maven option is gone, replaced with the "Modern Beauty" products only version.  If you ordered an American Beauty box, that might be why your box was cancelled.

On the Style Profile page, they show AB as "retired" (maybe going for a more international approach?), and have added MB.  The Maven Exclusive page shows just 4 intro boxes with polish, and the Modern Beauty product-only box.

Call customer service to see if they can help. 

Originally Posted by jennm149 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I noticed last week that it looked like the Maven boxed had been changed.  But now it also looks like the "American Beauty" maven option is gone, replaced with the "Modern Beauty" products only version.  If you ordered an American Beauty box, that might be why your box was cancelled.

On the Style Profile page, they show AB as "retired" (maybe going for a more international approach?), and have added MB.  The Maven Exclusive page shows just 4 intro boxes with polish, and the Modern Beauty product-only box.

Call customer service to see if they can help. 
Looks like they just automatically changed me from american beauty which I've been since signing up over a year ago to modern beauty so I think you are correct. 

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Looks like they just automatically changed me from american beauty which I've been since signing up over a year ago to modern beauty so I think you are correct. 
That's a bummer. I'm glad they're finally allowing you to change your default profile though (couldn't figure out how to do it before); it'd be a bummer if you always ended up getting the products even though you like nail colours more.

I'm interested how they're dividing the products -- will only the MB profile get the "second" product, or will every other box have a different product. Also, it allows them to create two less colours a month, which probably has been really stressful. Nifty. Hopefully There will be more interesting colour combos in the other boxes because they're getting rid of one.

Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That's a bummer. I'm glad they're finally allowing you to change your default profile though (couldn't figure out how to do it before); it'd be a bummer if you always ended up getting the products even though you like nail colours more.

I'm interested how they're dividing the products -- will only the MB profile get the "second" product, or will every other box have a different product. Also, it allows them to create two less colours a month, which probably has been really stressful. Nifty. Hopefully There will be more interesting colour combos in the other boxes because they're getting rid of one.
Oh, I'm not mad/don't care, it was just an observation :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> . I think I've only gotten the american beauty box maybe 2 or 3 times? Its so easy to change on julep, before or after boxes are announced, I can't foresee anyone caring too much. 

Back