Julep: February 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ha! Love Stewie. 

I'm intrigued by a product only box though, there have been months I've skipped because I didn't love the colors but still liked the product it came with.

This is what was in my Mystery Box:

Sienna, already had.

Kate

Glenn

Sarah

With Poppy lip gloss? I hadn't heard of anyone else getting that color. Unfortunately, that's a dupe for me as well. Anyone want to swap?
I'm not really wild about this box. Kind of disappointed actually. It was exciting hoping and wondering what I would get though!

Originally Posted by ledfordica /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This is what was in my Mystery Box:

Sienna, already had.

Kate

Glenn

Sarah

With Poppy lip gloss? I hadn't heard of anyone else getting that color. Unfortunately, that's a dupe for me as well. Anyone want to swap?
I'm not really wild about this box. Kind of disappointed actually. It was exciting hoping and wondering what I would get though!
Sarah? What color is that, I just checked my massive list of all the Julep polishes and I don't have that one listed at all.

Here's a quick pic of it zora. It's like a light watermelon or maybe a sheer coral with little sparkles in it (like CG snowglobe). Sorry for the cell pic/post!

Thanks! I hope they have it in the store soon because I would love to order it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> It looks similar to Mischa but more sheer, but none the less I must add it to my collection!!!!

Here's a quick pic of it zora. It's like a light watermelon or maybe a sheer coral with little sparkles in it (like CG snowglobe). Sorry for the cell pic/post!

that reminds me of a watermelon lip gloss I used to have in HS XD So the watermelon description is dead on! ^^

This might be a dumb question but I'm gonna ask it anyways. When you do an add-on polish do you get charged for it or do they just put your Jules points towards it?

Originally Posted by AtomicBunny /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This might be a dumb question but I'm gonna ask it anyways. When you do an add-on polish do you get charged for it or do they just put your Jules points towards it?
IF you choose to use Jules then they do that, otherwise you pay for it.

Thats such a pretty color, perfect for summer.  Im still waiting for my V-day mystery box I hope its in it.

I finally put ginger on today and I can't stop staring at my nails! I've never used a holographic polish and it's blowing my mind! lol So fancy!

I finally put ginger on today and I can't stop staring at my nails! I've never used a holographic polish and it's blowing my mind! lol So fancy!
IKR?  Evangeline was my 3rd orange nail polish from Julep, but it's the only one I've worn for more than about a day.  I couldn't stop staring at my nails - especially outside.  I practically live in a University of Texas hoodie and love that Evangeline matches UT burnt orange.  I have at least one holographic nail polish, but it was this weird orange with bits of blue.  I wore it for maybe an hour, if that.  I tend to prefer nude nail polish and make up (thank you, Catholic school), but I absolutely adore Julep's nail polishes.  I would have never thought I could pull off an orange nail polish before trying Evangeline.  Aaaaaaanywho... yeah, Julep's holographic nail polishes are awesome.  I'm looking forward to trying Rebel (I have Ginger, Rebel, and Evangeline).

Originally Posted by audiophilekate /img/forum/go_quote.gif

IKR?  Evangeline was my 3rd orange nail polish from Julep, but it's the only one I've worn for more than about a day.  I couldn't stop staring at my nails - especially outside.  I practically live in a University of Texas hoodie and love that Evangeline matches UT burnt orange.  I have at least one holographic nail polish, but it was this weird orange with bits of blue.  I wore it for maybe an hour, if that.  I tend to prefer nude nail polish and make up (thank you, Catholic school), but I absolutely adore Julep's nail polishes.  I would have never thought I could pull off an orange nail polish before trying Evangeline.  Aaaaaaanywho... yeah, Julep's holographic nail polishes are awesome.  I'm looking forward to trying Rebel (I have Ginger, Rebel, and Evangeline).
I have Evangeline on my nails right now and I love it, too.  The formulation reminds me of the suede polishes with a top coat.  I love those, too!

I have Evangeline on my nails right now and I love it, too.  The formulation reminds me of the suede polishes with a top coat.  I love those, too!
I'm definitely going to have to look into their other holographic colors!! I've never tried a suede polish...might be next on my list!

I'm definitely going to have to look into their other holographic colors!! I've never tried a suede polish...might be next on my list!
Some people had problems with the suedes chipping, but I used my Revlon Colorstay base coat and my nails were perfect.  Great formulation, beautiful/interesting effect, I love 'em!  Perfect for fall and winter, but I can see myself wearing them throughout the year.

The holos are definitely like a suede with a topcoat. They also dry semi-matte. Just put on Ginger. I liked the formula when applying it, but it was also not nearly as self-leveling as I'd liked. Also, not very forgiving : I'd like to think I'm pretty good with brushstrokes.

very pretty, though. I particularly like Ginger since it seems to be a Holo for Adults as opposed to some of the super vibrant (and kind of tacky imo) ones that Color Club had come out with >_>

I cracked, I was paranoid they would take the white box off add on so I spent my $50 on it instead of possible future mystery boxes. Now, to see if it actually comes since Julep seems to hate me and sending me things.

Originally Posted by hiheather /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I cracked, I was paranoid they would take the white box off add on so I spent my $50 on it instead of possible future mystery boxes. Now, to see if it actually comes since Julep seems to hate me and sending me things.
What's the white box? I'm intrigued!

Back