Julep: February 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Julep's swatches are rubbish. They're too small and half the time they don't look like what they do in person either.

I am wondering what's in the secret store this month though... hm...
They are...It's not even hard to take a decent swatch picture -.-'

Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

thanks to a girl on the Julep fb wall I found better swatches of the holos ^^

Those just look shimmery to me, not very holographic. But still very pretty.

Originally Posted by katie danielle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Those just look shimmery to me, not very holographic. But still very pretty.
ya, still not the best swatches, something like this NEEDS direct sun light

Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I wasnt sure whether to get my regular it girl box or to get the full upgrade, but the hubby said to go for the full upgrade. Im so happy this is my first time getting an upgrade!
Um, best husband EVER. Does he have a brother?

Maybe I told the bf I was only getting the regular AB box...and maybe I added Rebel, Georgia and Marion...maybe just maybe O.O Oh well, we'll see what's in there when the box gets here XD

It was really really hard, but I ended up removing my Wardrobe upgrade and just getting the It Girl profile with a bottle of Jane.

$20 is a lot more reasonable than $55, even if it is a super great deal for that much stuff.

I really really want the wardrobe, but I don't NEED all the polishes. I have over 75 Julep polishes already! 

Originally Posted by MollyC2153 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Um, best husband EVER. Does he have a brother?
LOL he is, he has 3 brothers but they're all married.

I was changing my selections up until the last minute! I ended up with Boho Glam (I'm usually CWAT) and Marion as an add on. I kept putting Jane in and taking it out, I have so many glitters after December I couldn't justify another one right now but I may snag it if it's in the Feb. secret store.

I still have a polish from my last box to use before my supply gets replenished. I need to hurry! Am I the only one who feels like julep polishes dry quicker than other brands?

I just skipped this month's box...i look forward to seeing what everyone got, it may change my ambivalent attitude lol

I think the add on colors would have made me love Feb but for the most part the colors were pretty but not blow me away pretty. I'm holding out for an awards season mystery box or a Valentine's box since I initially expected that to be the theme (girliness overload!)

Originally Posted by AtomicBunny /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I still have a polish from my last box to use before my supply gets replenished. I need to hurry! Am I the only one who feels like julep polishes dry quicker than other brands?
They totally do. That's how they actually hooked me after the one cent trial box. Now when I use my old OPI's I pout about how long they take to dry. It's such a hassle.

They totally do. That's how they actually hooked me after the one cent trial box. Now when I use my old OPI's I pout about how long they take to dry. It's such a hassle.
lol Hmmm I wonder what their secret is...perhaps their "4-free" formula has something to do with it?

Originally Posted by FoxxyNiki /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anyone know when the secret store should open??
Not sure. I was wondering the same thing.

I thought the secret store opened around the 1st of the month? Or maybe shortly after the boxes ship out? 

Well, I have my tracking number, but when I put it in it says....

Your item was delivered at 12:39 pm on September 14, 2012 in MAUMELLE, AR 72113. Additional information for this item is stored in files offline.
You may request that the additional information be retrieved from the archives, and that we send you an e-mail when this retrieval is complete. Requests to retrieve additional information are generally processed momentarily. 

Ummm....but I'm definitely not in Arkansas and I think we're a little past September 2012.  

I've never had that happen to me before.

Got my shipping email today too. 9400 starting number so no golden box this month. Excited to get my stuff though! 

Back