Julep January 2015

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Borealis seems super pretty but looking at the swatch vs the picture of the eyeshadow in the box itself seems really disappointing.

IH48phy.jpg

OzFM54t.jpg

idk my expectatios are too high. I thought it would be more magical XD

I'm so far set for Margit, Shelley and Sandi. Just not entirely sure about Margit .. the swatches on the first page of this thread look so different from Juleps .. here it looks more like a medium brown than a beige. I'm hoping for Lorenzana with a rose shimmer.

Last edited by a moderator:
I went with it girl and added on the holographic chevrons. I mostly only really want the transformer color plus my next box will be free. I'm happy to see more decals!

For people with customization, were you able to swap in Alicia?

@@zadidoll did you get your entire maven collection yet? Would you mind doing swatches of all the orbital shadows? I tried to find a consolidated one but I couldn't see any ):
I did indeed get it the other day. I can have swatches up tomorrow since I need to get new light bulbs since the ones I have are casting too much of a yellow glow and it's too gray of a day to use natural light.

Scratch that... I can do it in the bathroom since the bathroom has  really good light.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have never actually taken a box, I skip every month, but have been wanting to for a while...just couldn't justify the price. Those top coats look so cool and have pushed me over the edge...just wish there was more polish in the boxes. I put my email into the site, so I hope I get one. I will be super bummed if not (why not atleast send out confirmations? gah. I definitely would not be taking a box this month if not for those!)

Trying to decide which to get.

If I do the Like Mother Like Daughter, it does still count as a Jan box even though it isn't one of the main style ones from the profiles we do right? Sorry, dumb question, just wanting to make sure if I choose that it would still count and I would still get the top coat (if the supplies last LOL)

I am down to either It Girl or the Like Mother Like Daughter (but really, those polish colors are so bland, I just would like to try out the Plie). Love the colors of the It Girl.

Can someone please tell me where to put the code, when I chose my selections I don't see a code option, just the jules.

I'm not taking boxes anymore, but I'm following along with the new collections & I thought it may be helpful to share some dupes/near-dupes I have with all of you. Some are spot on, some not entirely. But when you have over 300 polishes like me, you won't feel extremely disappointed for not getting some of these newer Julep colors haha.

Alicia: Essie Tart Deco

Casey: Nicole by OPI Khloe Had A Little Lam-Lam

Shawn: Ciate Play Date

Sandi: Ciate Fade To Greige

Phyllis: Nicole by OPI Paparazzi Don't Preach

Maryam: Zoya India

Janae: e.l.f. Thunderstorm

Shelly: Essie Mint Candy Apple

Margit: Ciate Members Only

image.jpgimage.jpg

I'm not taking boxes anymore, but I'm following along with the new collections & I thought it may be helpful to share some dupes/near-dupes I have with all of you. Some are spot on, some not entirely. But when you have over 300 polishes like me, you won't feel extremely disappointed for not getting some of these newer Julep colors haha.

image.jpg
image.jpg
Super helpful! Thanks, I can delete Alicia now, I have Tart Deco! 

image.jpg
image.jpg
So fun fact, a Julep fan has actually gone ahead and written a program for her own website to do that for you:

http://julep.ariaevans.org/color_spectrum

http://julep.ariaevans.org/?collection=Chrysalis+Collection%2C+The

example:

http://julep.ariaevans.org/polish/Shelly

So I've been thinking a bit and despite being the one to start this thread and desperately wanting one of their top coats, I think I'm going to skip this month.

I REALLY DON'T like lip gloss, so that ruins most of the boxes for me, and if there's anything I learned about polishes this past two months, it's that you can get them super super cheap (like under $3.50/bottle). I don't love the It Girl polishes that much that I can't wait for real swatches.

And knowing julep, the metamorphic top coats are going to be on sale as a trio some time within the next 6 months and then I'm going to be irritated to have a dupe to get rid of by the end of the year. I think someone even mentioned this about the birthstone polishes at the beginning of january, but they tried to make it sound ~LE~

I'm kind of tired of Julep's marketing ploys (lol complains about, then buys more). But I guess it's a personality thing. There are a small handful of Juleps I want that I don't have because I've been stubborn and don't want to pay full price. I've enjoyed their may collections the last two years (actually deeply regret not upgrading and getting all the may polishes this year) so maybe they'll surprise me again

I legitimately do not like this collection at all.  I have way too much lipgloss, and I don't care for those eye pencil colors.  And I don't like that you only get one polish unless you go with It Girl, or if you are able to customize.   WHATEVS.  MAYBE next month.  I had originally emailed for the metamorphic top coat, but since I have already skipped, I probably am off the list now for it, even if I wanted to unskip.

Back