Julep January 2015

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
idk my expectatios are too high. I thought it would be more magical XD
Same. I was expecting more of a color shift with Borealis than shown, so I dropped that add-on like a hot potato. I may end up skipping after all. The more I look at the topcoats, the more I realise I already own all three of those as indie-produced topcoats and the topcoats were the only reason I wasn't skipping this month. Hmm.

Anybody got their Naughty or Nice mystery box yet? 
yep. There are a few versions:

NPRc5Fwl.jpg

HTlqC7yl.jpg

According to the OP, she bought the polish on the right most side separate, and two of the serums which didn't come with the box. I think the products were lipgloss, mascara, eyeshadow and brush

brilliance+solace are the $15 addon

Last edited by a moderator:
Skipping, nothing looks exciting.  I think i have too much polish after a year of julep, a few of boxes upgrades, a handful of mystery boxes, sales, and only skipping regularly this past fall.  Maybe i'd be more excited if i had slow-played it, but i think i have enough that i'm considering cancelling.  booo, it used to be so fun to pick my box each month.

I'm not interested in the collection, but I have a customized box and can move things around. For $20 (prepaid) I can get:

• bare face (which I WILL use up even though I don't need a replacement for a few months)
  • the mystery grab bag ($52 value is probably two polishes + a $28 product).
  • metamorphic top coat.
I'm also really tempted by the nail polish lipstick trio add-on. $10 seems like a good price for that, but one of the things I've learned from Julep is that anything sold as an add-on will be even cheaper right after the window closes.

I don't know. It's a good deal, but what if it's a mystery grab bag of garbage?

Last edited by a moderator:
i"m still not sure what to do. Not a big fan of most of the polishes but I really want that metamorphic top coat. I have 2200 jules so I wouldn't have to pay anything out of pocket. Good thing I have a a couple days to decide.

I really want the top coat but I'm going to skip.  I like the look of the Bombshell in the bottle but the swatches look waaaaay darker.  I really don't need more eyeliner or lipgloss so it's silly to take a box if I don't like the nail polish colors when all I want is that top coat.  I'm hoping they'll release the top coats as a set later on.

please forgive me if this doesn't work ... i've been trying to figure out how to create a spoiler tag! This is the other variation of the mystery box I found. The quality of the photo is poop since I took the screen shot from YouTube

Screen Shot 2014-12-22 at 11.03.56 PM.png

On another point, did anyone else realize that the side of Julep's box says "treat yourself to..."

i'm dying a little. I know they called "julep color treat" but did the marketing team at julep make a parks and rec joke and they've been waiting forever for someone to notice?

On another point, did anyone else realize that the side of Julep's box says "treat yourself to..."

i'm dying a little. I know they called "julep color treat" but did the marketing team at julep make a parks and rec joke and they've been waiting forever for someone to notice?
TREAT YOSELF!

...nothing else to contribute, just had to add that!

No, really Julep. Thanks for the email for the "mother and daughter set" asking me to reconsider my skip for the month, but I'm positive I want to skip. If I really wanted that set I'd have picked it in the first place. But thanks for the aggressive "please don't skip this month" email, there's no pressure here, right? Right.

The more I think about it I might just skip.  I only like 2/3 of the IG colors and I don't want switch to custom when I want to use my jules next month.  Their stupid system actually deters people (or at least me) from taking boxes if I have to call just to use my jules.  I just really want the nail chevrons and hopefully they will have more later.  It's also hard to factor in the free metamorphic top coats when we havent really seen swatches.

I've been going back and forth on taking the box. At one point I had chosen the It Girl...then I canceled LOL. I really want the top coat, but it isn't guaranteed...and rite aid has some polishes B1G1 50%, so for $20, I could get a lot of other polishes. From the It girl box, only one really called to me, the one described as a mushroom/pink. the other two seem like things I have similar colors to already...

@@Lolo22 & @@Kelli -  I agree completely with you both.  

Things I would love to try this month:

metamorphic top coat

chevron nail stickers

Margit nail polish

Will I be able to buy these at a later date or will they be sold out?  Thanks for making it so difficult to buy products from you Julep.  If that's your goal, it worked. 

I decided to skip, I placed so many Julep orders this month with Black Friday deals and their 12 days of Christmas promos. I am feeling a bit nail polished out....plus I really don't need to spend any more money so I'm gonna sit this month out. Really nice to have the skip option! This is the first time I've been able to use it.

please forgive me if this doesn't work ... i've been trying to figure out how to create a spoiler tag! This is the other variation of the mystery box I found. The quality of the photo is poop since I took the screen shot from YouTube
I think that's the one I got.  Polishes were the two promised plus

Fiore, Patricia, and Mary Lee (only Mary Lee was a dupe for me).

I'm happy with it.  The non-polish items will be wonderful for me this winter.  I much prefer them to lip gloss or something like that.

Do you think they'll have a post-christmas clearance sale again? I always get excited about these ($2-3 polishes!!) but the problem is I almost always have already bought every single polish I want from them XD; /no self-control

Bah, I skipped. They initially got me with that topcoat offer but since I have no interest in most of their beauty products, have dupes of 2/3 of the It Girl and they're not even guaranteeing the metamorphic topcoat I figured I'd save myself the inevitable January cranky-with-myself moment & just buy a couple indies I know I'll wear instead.

Good job self!

(And then just buy the metamorphics when they're on sale. Willpower has its limits)

Back