Julep September 2014 (SPOILERS)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So what is everyone thinking about the lip crayons?   Overall, I'm really pleased.  I got the Aurora Pink and the Almond.   I love the formula/consistency, it's very soft and creamy. 

The one thing that bummed me out a bit was the color of the Aurora Pink.  From the images on Julep's site, I was expecting a mauve-y pink, and this is definitely more of a carnation pink.  It's OK, it's still a flattering color for me and I'll definitely wear it, but not what I was looking for.   I wish they'd get that color preview issue sorted out.

The Almond is sort of a honey color, it's a very nice neutral.   I'll get a lot of use out of it.

Love the fact that it's only the second, and people are already getting their boxes or at least have shipping notifications. This makes me super happy!

I splurged a little this month and got the CWaT box (Lupita and Quinn) with the Cardinal Red lip crayon plus I added on Mary Lee and the Magenta Plum lip crayon. I got my box today and love everything! The colors are great for fall and I'm excited to have some fun colors in the satin finish. As for the lip crayon, just from playing around with them they seem to be great and have a good color payoff. 

Overall, I'm really excited for this month's box and am even more excited that I got everything so soon and that it all arrived as I was expecting. 

I'm kinda mad that they sent my box to Indiana after it was already in Ohio. I don't know why it just couldn't have come right to KY where I'm at instead of moving along to another border state.

I think these shipping companies are el stupido. They seem to let things hop around alot.

I'm kinda mad that they sent my box to Indiana after it was already in Ohio. I don't know why it just couldn't have come right to KY where I'm at instead of moving along to another border state.

I think these shipping companies are el stupido. They seem to let things hop around alot.
It's because they use a spoke type route for all packages. Everything goes to a certain main hub (Indiana) and then goes out to each state they are to be delivered to.

It's the unique codes from back in February for taking 3 boxes. I was saving it for something really good, but nothing really good every came lol. I think there's a code (or codes) right now that gets you a free polish with a $10/$15 (?) min purchase though. POLISHPERK? COLORFORYOU? I'm not sure what codes are active right now.
Are they valid for secret store purchases? I can't seem to get either code to work for me.

Are they valid for secret store purchases? I can't seem to get either code to work for me.
Codes are only valid if you add a non-Secret Store polish and I believe they also work with add-on items but not on only SS items. I hope that made sense. lol

Last month it took weeks for mine to reach me. But this time aroumd, my tracking says the last part of shipping is with fedex! Arriving tomorrow. Woo hoo...

My package arrived at the post office here today. But, after our mail lady went out on her run. So, I should get my package tomorrow or the next day. But, more than likely tomorrow. Yay!

I received my box today.  I selected Classic with a Twist along with the lip pout in Aurora Pink crème.  Unfortunately the color doesn't work with my skin tone :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  It's really pretty...sigh.   

They forgot Queen Anne. Sent me Eliana instead. And, Then sent me Candice as a bonus. But, I already own it. Crap.

I can deal with the bonus of Candice. But, I wanted Queen Anne. I seriously am pretty mad. Another month of screw ups.

ETA: They also sent me Daria. What the heck. But, I have been wanting that one and didn't have it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay. That's probably why I got them. But, Eliana is a mystery to me.

I need another blue like I need a hole in my head.

It should go well with Daria though. Already thinking about doing something with them together.

I tell you the one I'm in love with the most already. Mary Lee. Wow, she is pretty!!!

I'm not crazy about Fifi though. It's way too light for me to do anything with other than use it as a base for some of my glitters. Which is fine. I only took It Girl so I could get both Ryan and Mahima and they were worth it.

Gonna do my nails with Ryan and then use Quinn as an accent nail. I've got to change my polish today so bad. What I have on has just gotten so ugly.

ETA: I'm not really too mad anymore. But, I really do wish they would stop sending wrong orders. I'm just gonna call them about the Queen Anne situation and hope they send it. Because, I really really did want that one.

Last edited by a moderator:
I received my box today.  I selected Classic with a Twist along with the lip pout in Aurora Pink crème.  Unfortunately the color doesn't work with my skin tone :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  It's really pretty...sigh.   
Want to swap for it?  I'm very interested in trying it!

Wow, my box was crazy messed up this month. I ordered:

Eliana (Bombshell)

Kirby (Bombshell)

Queen Anne

Mahima (It Girl)

Ana

Aurora Pink Plush Pout

Instead I got:

Eliana

Aurora Pink

The two bonus polishes for taking three add-ons

AND

Quinn (CWaT)

Lupita (CWaT)

Erin (Boho)

Fifi (It Girl)

So, four other polishes! I called and they still have the four missing polishes in stock and are sending them -- and told me to keep the four other ones. I was only on hold about a minute, so if you have problems with your box, call instead of emailing!

Also, they told me all of the polishes are still in stock and that they were able to plan better after last month. So fingers crossed everyone gets what they picked!

Back