Kloverbox Eco-friendly sub box [Spoilers]

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What other products do you all like from Pelle and Jillian Wright? I've tried JW's mitoenergy face moisturizer before (from a special edition Goodebox) and love it, so am planning on ordering more with the coupon code. I like the Pelle balm we just got, but any other recs for other Pelle products for if (when) I place an order? (I love these coupon codes!) LetsGeaux, it sounds like you'd recommend their luxe oil?

Miccarty2, I love the Luxe oil! Rec'd it in another sub about a yr ago. Swapped for more. Tried a few different oils that I thought were similar. They weren't! Luxe oil absorbs quickly & smells like heaven. The odd thing is that I'm very sensitive to scent & get headaches easily. It doesn't bother me at all & I love it so much I wish the scent stayed with me longer! Luxe is the only thing I've tried--hope someone else has opinions on the other products. This was such a great box.

@@Miccarty2 I've ordered from :luv: Pelle Beauty :luv:   before. The owner is wonderful to work with and very helpful with any questions. My favorite is the Luxe Beauty Oil. It reduces the inflammation in my face caused by rosacea.It's absolutely amazing. My sister also uses it (from a one-time Goodebox purchase) and says it makes her skin feel smooth and wonderful.

Stellar is a great all purpose oil. I've used it as a cleanser and to remove makeup. I received the Luxe Balm as a sample in my Pelle Beauty order and found it to work wonderful in protecting my skin from the wind. I am going to order a full size because I work in the wind a lot spring-fall.

I received Bloom as samples from Pelle Beauty. I did try them briefly before giving them to my sister. It is the only product that has aloe which irritates my skin. The serum goes on nicely and the beauty mist feels refreshing. The owner gave me ideas on how to use the beauty mist which didn't bother me the way the serum did. One use was to set makeup  which I tried and it does works. I would buy a Luxe or Steller beauty mist in a heartbeat. I ended up giving the Bloom products to my sister who loves them. They are great products; it's the aloe which is the problem for me.

Ideally I want to order the Stellar in 30 mil, 2-4 Luxe Oils in 30 mils, and a Luxe Beauty Balm. I'm waiting to hear back from Kloverbox to find out the expiration date for the discount. I'm going on a mini 4 day vacation later this week with my husband so I prefer to place my Pelle Beauty order in April.

The owner is wonderful to work with and is responsive. I placed 2 orders with Pelle Beauty using the GoodeBox code and everything arrived intact, nicely wrapped, and with samples :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Can you tell I love Pelle Beauty?

On a serious note I suffered from rosacea for around 15 years or more. I tried different meds etc. which either didn't help or made it worse. It got the point where my cheeks and nose started to thicken which can be irreversible. Luxe started to reverse it on the very first use. My face no longer has that "puffy" look. It has also reduced the inflammation, the broken capillaries, and soothes any trouble spots that I can feel that wants to erupt.  I found other products that helps my rosacea, but Luxe takes it to the next level. That's why I love :luv: Pelle Beauty :luv: so much. I see the face (although older) that I used to see years ago. This is making me cry in a good way. It's hard to understand unless you've experience it yourself or seen pictures of what rosacea can do to a face. My husband and kids never saw the real me until a few months ago.

The oils are good for a year which is why I want to stock up!

PA Anna THANK YOU for putting into words what I couldn't!  I knew that the results were immediate after using Luxe Oil.  I could tell my skin looked better, but couldn't place exactly what it was.  My derm told me I have the beginning of rosacea.  When I use Luxe oil, the redness in my cheeks is gone.  You are such a treasure for pointing out specific ingredients to avoid.  All my derm wanted to do was prescribe the Rx.. When I pressed her for what I should avoid, she just said the Rx would clear it up...which it didn't--it just made it worse and I stopped using it.  I'm starting to get used to seeing myself with red cheeks.

Keep us posted on the expiration date, b/c I need to lay off my CC until April.  And, thanks again for all the information!!

@@LetsGeaux Thank you for your kind words. It's not easy to write about rosacea. The expiration date for the Pelle Beauty Code is May 30th :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Rosacea responds differently in each person. I'm convinced that there is much more to the disease than what is being understood of it. Here are a few triggers for me in the beauty/makeup.skincare world - Sulfates, parabens, witch hazel, rose (I tried using the Caru rose serum from Peit Vour  a few times and it flushed my face and made it red), and sadly aloe. Aloe is in many natural beauty products. I could write a book about rosacea and all the misinformation/information on the internet which doesn't apply or work for me.

@@Miccarty2 re Jillian Wright - I'm thinking about purchasing the moisturizer that was in the LE Goodebox along with the gentle peptide cleanser that I tried through Eco Emi. They both work well and do not irritate my face.

I'm excited that the Pelle Beauty code expires at the end of May. I want to stock up on Luxe oil!

I would suggest not using the Rosewater Toner.

Mine has significant amounts of mold GROWING in it.

I know Kelly contacted the owner and then sent out that email saying it was just bits of lemon but that lady is delusional.  It is definitely contaminated.  Or at least mine was FOR SURE.

I contacted Kloverbox again to let them know that Urban Oreganics sent out some bad product and we'll see what she says.

Edit: put the photo under spoiler bec it came out huge!

bad rosewater toner.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
No, its all floating around inside.  And it didn't use to look like that :\  It started out clear with a few little floaties.

Kloverbox responded and said she could put me in touch with the maker.  I don't really want another one :\

My guess is that it's from the lemon juice (which should be refrigerated) but I don't know if the witch hazel or apple cider vinegar could keep the lemon juice from going bad.

She also told me it wasn't mold.  I, of course, cant say for sure whether it is or is not but it's definitely some kind of bacterial growth.  And its FAST, considering it went from clear with a couple floaties, to this, in three days.  Whatever it is, it's nothing good.  And I'm not putting that on my face!  

(except i already used it once when it was mostly clear--nothing bad happened.  Whew! But I'm not putting it to the test again)

Hmm. I'm going to stick my toner in the back of the closet and take a picture of it when I come back from a mini-vacation on Tuesday. I opened it to smell it and gave it to my sister who is visiting. She is still here and hasn't used it yet. I wish I took a picture of it on the day I received it for comparison.

My toner has lots of floaties now, and I think there were very few or none when I got it... I'm going to keep an eye on it in the next week, but I think it might be bad too :/

Yeah...mine has something growing in it too. I'm super glad I hadn't gotten around to trying it yet.

mine too. I just checked and it has some floaties now and it didn't have any when I got it.

Mine had floaties when I got it but I got the email from Kloverbox and assumed it was the lemon juice.

I'm freaked out now though because I definitely used it on my skin a few times to test it out... eep.

I feel bad for Kloverbox though- I'm sure they were trusting what the business said to them and it seems like they were lied to...

That kind of sucks. Urban Oreganics (etsy store or not) should make this right and replace the products for Kloverbox subscribers. Or give us a gift code for something else in their store or something...that's just...ick.

and omg I just checked mine and the "lemon floaties" have grown massively like Saffyra's.

So. gross.

No, its all floating around inside.  And it didn't use to look like that :\  It started out clear with a few little floaties.

Kloverbox responded and said she could put me in touch with the maker.  I don't really want another one :\

My guess is that it's from the lemon juice (which should be refrigerated) but I don't know if the witch hazel or apple cider vinegar could keep the lemon juice from going bad.

She also told me it wasn't mold.  I, of course, cant say for sure whether it is or is not but it's definitely some kind of bacterial growth.  And its FAST, considering it went from clear with a couple floaties, to this, in three days.  Whatever it is, it's nothing good.  And I'm not putting that on my face!  

(except i already used it once when it was mostly clear--nothing bad happened.  Whew! But I'm not putting it to the test again)
Are you going to contact Urban Oreganics about this issue? I'm wondering if I should hold off reaching out to Kelly about this until someone else hears back from UO...I wonder if they'll keep saying it's lemon juice. It's not. at all. I believed it when they tiny clear floaties were in there, but holy moly there are cloud like formations floating in there now...that's no lemon juice lol

Oh my god, I just checked mine after using it for 3-4 days and despite it arriving 100% clear it now has huge cloudy formations growing. Gross, I took pics to send in to both companies. Looks like Saffyras bottle. Two days ago there was a little floaty that I thought I just hadn't seen when I got it and now it's full of them.

Oh man.  I haven't used mine yet because I'm still using up another toner.  I guess I need to check on it now.  So sad.  I was looking forward to it.  Even if it happens to be clear, I'm assuming it's not safe to use.   :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Mine is unopened, as I was going to give this to my mom (allergies with rose water).  When I received mine last week, my bottle was clear.  I just looked at my mom's goodie bag, and I can see fibrous stringy things that IS NOT LEMON pulp.  They were not there before. when I shake my bottle, it goes away, but the toner is now cloudy, which it wasn't before

when I get home tonight, I will take another look at it and see if the stringy things came back.  This looks to be contaminated - if this had lemon pulp in it before, it should have been visible when I received the item initially.

On another (good) note - the exfoliating scrub is WONDERFUL.  My face is so smooth to touch and I did not experience any irritation.

Latest posts

Back