Korean /Asian Beauty and Skincare Talk!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just placed an order (sephora) to get a sample of the belif true cream moisturizing bomb. I used code TRUTHBOMB. It says it's for normal to dry skin and mine is combo but I'm looking for a new night cream and I like to use heavier creams for night time. The aqua sounds good for day time. 

Last edited by a moderator:
for those who love those toners, they have them as a 1+1 for $9.99 - those toners ARE HUGE.  I know that  many readers loved them - especially the milk toner. 

love the brightening milk toner! I use it daily and there are no breakouts and no irritation. Works way better than any mainstream toners. I have used/tried so many. The bottle is huge and lasts a long time. That's a great price on their site.

the hair products are good too - and those are so heavy and HUGE.  I can see my bank account breaking over there - that free shipping on 50+ is fantastic - cause I will be getting those heavy heavy items.

I'm using something with cow milk cleanser rite now. It is korean brand...it is deep cleansing

Everytime i use it, i feel like it also exfoliate my skin too. Feel dry after, but i apply lotion after and i really like how it feel. And the scent is perfectly fine for me

Not gonna shock anyone here that has known me for a while but I love my dairy beauty and gotta say that I love the Tonymoly bananas (lip balm, sleeping mask and hand cream are fab), secret key milk toner (not gonna shock you there) and the bounce cheese cream by dear by enprani. I think most I have used with dairy has been good though except that Xaivita (I think that was the name) goat milk cream. That junk ended up on my feet and even then it was too greasy.

Btw I went to do an order on secret key int website but there's a weight limit on free postage (I won't pay postage) and won't deliver orders over 2k so didn't order as only wanted toners. No intense ice sleeping pack on there that I could see either

I just saw these Neogen Bio Peel pads on Soko Glam's website. Looks interesting. These are little exfoliating pads with lactic acid and wine. Retail $27. Thoughts?

neogen bio peel gauze.jpg

I just saw these Neogen Bio Peel pads on Soko Glam's website. Looks interesting. These are little exfoliating pads with lactic acid and wine. Retail $27. Thoughts?

Oh! Charlotte demonstrated these at her workshop in NYC KCON about 3 weeks ago and I like how these are exfoliating with the convenient pads with finger pockets! I definitely want to try but I feel like you are paying for the convenience of pre-soaked cottons and that lessens the amount of actual product. I have the Son & Park Beauty Water instead - and that's an exfoliating toner at a pH of 5 with loads more product that you can control the amount of toner on the pad. So yea, i think it's pricey and probably would not buy it unless it was on sale for around $20. 

omgerrddddd....  I was looking for secret key ingredients and JUST FOUND OUT that Secret Key has a GLOBAL shop now!!  Yeah!  Ingredients in ENGLISH too!

http://www.secretkeyen.com

Free shipping over $49.00

This is great.  I love Secret Key
OMG!!! It has a lot of Konglish on the site but much more user-friendly than trying to use Google translate! I see marked up prices though ;(

I was wondering if anyone knows of any Korean BB creams that work well that don't have dimethicone, parabens, or mineral oil in them? Or are those ingredients integral to BB cream? My favorites so far for results and color are Skin79 Super Plush Beblesh Balm Triple Funtions Hot Pink and Missha M Perfect Cover #21. I'm not obsessive about avoiding those ingredients, but it would be nice.
My suggestion is Etude House's BB cream, as they have great effect on the skin with nice colour. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Recently I discovered a great Korean product - Pore Covering Loose Powder by Shara Shara. Seriously, it's the most fine powder I've ever seen in my life! It gives a sheer, slightly fair coverage, looks 100% natural, covers the pores, diffuses the light and does not settle into the wrinkles at all. I've already shared my love for it on my blog in my recent review, but seems I can not stop spread the word about it  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'd like also to try Asian pearl powder, I've heard so many good things about it. If by any chance someone knows a high quality Korean or Japanese pearl powder, please let me know ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  

Recently I discovered a great Korean product - Pore Covering Loose Powder by Shara Shara. Seriously, it's the most fine powder I've ever seen in my life! It gives a sheer, slightly fair coverage, looks 100% natural, covers the pores, diffuses the light and does not settle into the wrinkles at all. I've already shared my love for it on my blog in my recent review, but seems I can not stop spread the word about it  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20">

I'd like also to try Asian pearl powder, I've heard so many good things about it. If by any chance someone knows a high quality Korean or Japanese pearl powder, please let me know ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20">  
Chidoriya has a high quality pearl powder. Here is a link http://www.beautyhabit.com/product10758.html

A week ago my friend from Russia gave me acne cream called Xi Wei Shi, probably Chinese brand. It helps to fight my acne like a charm!!! I tried so many things before both cheap and expensive ones. But, I cannot find ingredient list on the tube (my friend gave me only tube without the box, maybe ingredients on the box).I am still a little bit skeptical about it. Have you guys heard about this cream? 
Xi-Fei-Shi-magical-pimple-remove-blackheads-Gel.jpg

Sephora seems to be driving kbeauty products more now and Birchbox has started to include some in their boxes/selection as well. I think it's nice to be able to shop for some kbeauty products while shopping for other things. What are your thoughts? Do you prefer to order kbeauty products from actual kbeauty sites or do you buy some from Sephora and/or Birchbox?

Latest posts

Back