Korean /Asian Beauty and Skincare Talk!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish someone who had been following this routine for years and is in her 60's or 70's would write a book!  I am not discounting these fine ladies who are writing books now, but they are young and believe me, even if you *think* you have wrinkles and skin issues outside of acne, you really do not see aging signs until your 40's and 50's.  

I would love to read a book by a woman who has followed this routine for decades and has the face to prove it.    This is not a slam against any author or blogger, but in general - even in western skin care, the models are young - I remember back in the 1980's, companies actually had people like Lauren Hutton, who was older then, as their spokesperson for their skincare.

Soko Glam has a Korean skin care book coming out in November. If you pre-order now, you get a free gift with purchase. I just preordered it because I'm obsessed with books. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Here is the link to the boook in case anyone is interested http://littlebookofskincare.com/
Thanks Reija! I pre-ordered as well. I love books and am new to K Beauty so look forward to reading more on the subject. And hey the free gift is nice too! 

I feel like Refinery always posts articles about Korean beauty products but I never know how true they can be because of all the PR articles they constantly post. Thank goodness for you guys letting me know what lines and products you like. I've been skeptical but it's crazy that Businessweek also started talking about Korean beauty ingredients! http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-10-15/sales-jump-for-korean-skin-care-lines-with-exotic-ingredients It also discusses the vitamins in each ingredient and why they are good to use daily which I find to be a bit more helpful understanding why it's good than just the 'it's a miracle product' beauty blogger always describe it as. 

Has anyone had any issues with these types of ingredients being too harsh/heavy on their skin? I have acne prone skin and anything too heavy is not a friend of mine. Thanks!

I have a sensitive skin and I haven't had any problems with the products/ingredients. I just can't believe how more effective they are than the main stream products. I'm not as experienced user though, I'm still learning but so far so good. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20">  Hope others can comment too who have more experience with Korean skin care.

I got the Sokoglam book preorder gift today. It was 4 masks. I thought it was a nice gift. I look forward to reading the book.

sokoglam masks.jpg

I got the Sokoglam book preorder gift today. It was 4 masks. I thought it was a nice gift. I look forward to reading the book.

sokoglam masks.jpg

Ooh.. I didn't know they were providing pre-orders for the book. .-. I should have ordered one when I had the chance too. I've had my eye on the My little pet Eye patch. The packaging for it is so cute! I wonder if they are really effective compared to some under eye patches that are out.

@xosakura  best ever eye patch that I have found are The Face Shop Raspberry Line & Lift Collagen Eye PatchI really love these little hydrogels ~ I received them in my Spa Retreat Memebox and I have been buying them like they are going out of fashion! These are hydrogels that I keep on until all of the gel is absorbed into my undereye area. I swear, that area looks tighter and firmer with these guys. You do have to place them so the mesh side is facing outwards. You want the gel to sit directly on your skin.  The fine lines/tighten and lift are temporary – a day or so. As far as moisturizing ~ I actually went all science and used my patches and did a before & after skin analyzer test

• Before eye patch 22% oil/49.1% water.  I wore the patches for 40 minutes (you need to wait until all of the gel is absorbed – this patch is so satisfying because you can actually see that the gel has been absorbed into your skin!)
  • After treatment: 26.8% oil/59.8% water!!  If I remember my algebra correctly (and math is not my strong subject) that is over almost a 22% increase in moisture!

I get mine in bulk from Rose Rose Shop!  Haha - but they do sell them in onesies too.

@@biancardi oooh those sounds really good! i wonder if they sell them in the face shop boutiques. i need to go in to swatch some bbcreams and stock up on face masks.

if not i'll probably order in bulk online. I usually order most of my stuff through jolse. I've heard really good things about rose rose shop.

MisshaUS is having a 40% off EVERYTHING sale... I bought... a Lot. And I highly recommend the Time Revolution Clear Toner.
I got a good size sample size of the Time Revolution Clear toner and it's great. I use it with the First treatment essence and love the results. I'm so impressed with this line.

Thanks for the heads up on the discount!! I'll have to check it out.

I used the Elishacoy cacao brown sugar scrub on my face this morning and really like it. It felt almost like a microdermabrasion scrub once I was done. I couldn't believe how smooth my skin looked after. Does anyone else use this scrub? I wish I remembered which box/company I got the scrub from. It had been sitting in my drawer for a while and I decided to get it out and try it. I'm trying to use up my products more now instead of buying new but it's slow going. :lol:

Wow! I just got my first order from Bisou Beauty Bar and I am super impressed! The pricing isn't the cheapest but it is in Canadian funds (which means a lot with our dollar at the moment) and they offer free shipping on orders over $65.  They have lots of sales too.

But the most impressive thing is what came in the box besides my order:  a handwritten note with a 10% coupon code for my next purchase and the most free samples I have ever received!  Check it out:

100_2204.JPG

Seriously! 10/10 will shop again!

I came to Busan for a while and still looking around for OHUI shop. Seems to be difficult to find a big store of OHUI in Busan. Is there anyone know where is the best place? Thanks

Back