Let's Get Fit Together!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't been doing much in the way of exercise. My work schedule is insane and I'm having a heck of time getting into some sort of routine. I'm still just maintaining my weight. I'm not gaining but I'm not losing. Hopefully I can break this pattern soon.

Thanks, hon! I know most of the gals here have no idea who most of the folks in my pix with me are, so it makes me smile when someone recognizes the folks I hang out with. It's really nothing to envy, though, just...people. Although Dee is awesome, don't get me wrong.
Cool people nonetheless! That's awesome you are back on your diet, as well.

I haven't ran since Sunday night because I've been sick since Monday... Feeling down about it, but I know if I run while being sick I won't recover and faster.  The good news is that I ran for 50 mins straight on Sunday :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I plan on doing my first 5k on November 3rd. Hopefully, I'll recover soon so I can build more stamina and confidence!

Originally Posted by aleeeshuh /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I haven't ran since Sunday night because I've been sick since Monday... Feeling down about it, but I know if I run while being sick I won't recover and faster.  The good news is that I ran for 50 mins straight on Sunday :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I plan on doing my first 5k on November 3rd. Hopefully, I'll recover soon so I can build more stamina and confidence!
Wow!  That is freaking awesome to run for 50min straight!  I can only do 15min then walk.  I've never been much of a runner, I used to be able to do 1hr but that was long long long ago. If  you can do 50min,  you most definitely can do a 5k no problem.

So after work I decided to run anyway. I read somewhere that if your sickness is about the neck, then it's okay to run. I just got done doing a 3 minute walk and a 60 minute run :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> SUCH A HUGE ACCOMPLISHMENT FOR ME.

Thank you!!!! I've never been much of a runner until this thread started. I seriously owe it to this thread. I highly doubt I would've found out about C25K. I used to hate running. Running 2 minutes straight was a struggle! I haven't started running outside, so that's why I'm intimidated to do the 5k. I'm really trying to kick up my runs so I'm prepared. Since I was able to hit an hour, I'm going to start increasing speed.

Originally Posted by divadoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Wow!  That is freaking awesome to run for 50min straight!  I can only do 15min then walk.  I've never been much of a runner, I used to be able to do 1hr but that was long long long ago. If  you can do 50min,  you most definitely can do a 5k no problem.

So after work I decided to run anyway. I read somewhere that if your sickness is about the neck, then it's okay to run. I just got done doing a 3 minute walk and a 60 minute run :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> SUCH A HUGE ACCOMPLISHMENT FOR ME.

Thank you!!!! I've never been much of a runner until this thread started. I seriously owe it to this thread. I highly doubt I would've found out about C25K. I used to hate running. Running 2 minutes straight was a struggle! I haven't started running outside, so that's why I'm intimidated to do the 5k. I'm really trying to kick up my runs so I'm prepared. Since I was able to hit an hour, I'm going to start increasing speed.
Awesome congrats!!!

Just think, you can run for 1 hour and 5k won't take you an hour.  Probably 35-40min or less, I can walk 5k in under 1hr without ever running or jogging any of the course.

Yesterday was my 4 year anniversary with my boyfriend.... since I've been doing so well sticking to my diet I decided to buy myself a nice dress to wear for the occasion. I can't remember the last time I felt so pretty in something I wore 
laughing.gif

Yesterday was my 4 year anniversary with my boyfriend.... since I've been doing so well sticking to my diet I decided to buy myself a nice dress to wear for the occasion. I can't remember the last time I felt so pretty in something I wore 
laughing.gif
WOW!

Thanks you!!

Originally Posted by Doris Allen /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Awesome congrats!!!

So I tried running outdoors yesterday and it is COMPLETELY different. I could seriously only run for 5 minutes without stopping. I could run an hour on the treadmill without stopping. My plan is to do the C25K, but instead of taking it week by week, I'll do it for the day. i.e. Day 1 will be Week 1, Day 2 will be Week 2, etc. Hopefully I can skip a few, so I can be ready for my 5k this Saturday.

Just think, you can run for 1 hour and 5k won't take you an hour.  Probably 35-40min or less, I can walk 5k in under 1hr without ever running or jogging any of the course.

Thanks you!! So I tried running outdoors yesterday and it is COMPLETELY different. I could seriously only run for 5 minutes without stopping. I could run an hour on the treadmill without stopping. My plan is to do the C25K, but instead of taking it week by week, I'll do it for the day. i.e. Day 1 will be Week 1, Day 2 will be Week 2, etc. Hopefully I can skip a few, so I can be ready for my 5k this Saturday.
Totally ambitious but I'm sure you can do it. You don't have to,run the whole 5k, you just have to finish.

you're totally right! I'm ambitious but not realistic lol. After work I did week 2 and I am sooo sore. It's like starting to run all over again. My shins hurt, my breathing was all out of whack. It's actually disheartening because I thought I had this down! So I may put off the 5k. It really depends how I feel on Friday.

Totally ambitious but I'm sure you can do it. You don't have to,run the whole 5k, you just have to finish.

Hell NO!  You are going to go on the 5K.  No one says you have to be glorious and run like you're a pro.  It's an experience.  You may love it or hate it but most of all, you'll be proud that you did it.  I think either Dreamweaver or Hezzie ran it and so can you.  Pace well and run slow.  sprint when you have the energy and walk when you get tired.  I hope you do it.  It'll be a milestone you'll never forget!

If I didn't decide to do something about my weight, I'd still be 37lbs heavier, tired and fat.  Go for it and don't look back. 

you're totally right! I'm ambitious but not realistic lol. After work I did week 2 and I am sooo sore. It's like starting to run all over again. My shins hurt, my breathing was all out of whack. It's actually disheartening because I thought I had this down! So I may put off the 5k. It really depends how I feel on Friday.

This made my morning! I spoke to my downer of a cousin this morning and she said that it's too early for me to do it. Thank you for the encouragement :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> You're right, I should do it and I will. 

Hell NO!  You are going to go on the 5K.  No one says you have to be glorious and run like you're a pro.  It's an experience.  You may love it or hate it but most of all, you'll be proud that you did it.  I think either Dreamweaver or Hezzie ran it and so can you.  Pace well and run slow.  sprint when you have the energy and walk when you get tired.  I hope you do it.  It'll be a milestone you'll never forget!

If I didn't decide to do something about my weight, I'd still be 37lbs heavier, tired and fat.  Go for it and don't look back. 

I ran a 5k at 263lbs. But to be honest I did train outside for about 3 months. You can definitely do it tho. Running on the treadmill isnt the same AT ALL but it doesn't mean you can't do it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I ran a 5k at 263lbs. But to be honest I did train outside for about 3 months. You can definitely do it tho. Running on the treadmill isnt the same AT ALL but it doesn't mean you can't do it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
To be honest, at 263lbs, it would be mandatory that you trained for awhile. I think the risk of serious injury is a definite possibility at that weight or even a cardiac infarction. At 218, I would not have gone on a 5k either but at 180, I would try without training outside. I know I can run although not fast without feeling dizzy or walk, there are runners/walkers of all ages at those 5ks. There was a 101yr old marathon runner at the last one in my area.

To be honest, at 263lbs, it would be mandatory that you trained for awhile. I think the risk of serious injury is a definite possibility at that weight or even a cardiac infarction. At 218, I would not have gone on a 5k either but at 180, I would try without training outside. I know I can run although not fast without feeling dizzy or walk, there are runners/walkers of all ages at those 5ks. There was a 101yr old marathon runner at the last one in my area.

LOL! I'm sorry but I had to laugh when I read this. Mandatory? According to whom? I certainly wasn't asked if I had been training b4 I ran my 5k. And I finished strong with no cardiac infarction lol Weight has NOTHING to do with fitness level. The most important thing is the condition that ur heart is in. I weigh more than most of my friends do and I can promise you that I can blow them away in any fitness challenge. I just had this conversation with my nutritionist, who is very fit and active, and she agreed. You CAN be fat and fit. I am on my way to a healthier weight but I know I am the most healthy I have ever been in my life.

Back