Let's Get Fit Together!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today has been such a hectic day!

I knew the afternoon evening was going to be really busy so I allowed myself to be really lazy until around noon. (according to my fitbit, I didn't even hit 500 steps before noon). Then I had fighter practice from 1 - 4 followed by dance practice from 5 - 8 with dinner in between. After all that, the total amount of steps taken today so far is 8674 and my is far from over.

Whew! I am so glad I got the FitBit, it has really helped me rethink how I do things in my life and gets me moving. All in all, today has been such a great day!

It sounds like everyone has been doing awesome! I'm going to be doing a restart tomorrow. I've been out of town visiting family for the past four days, so unfortunately, I haven't had a chance to lift or run. Back on it tomorrow!!

Also, el hubs and I decided to make a few changes to our diets:

1. Instead of buying cookies and candies, we'll buy fruit. We've always had a problem with fruit rotting on us in the past, so we're just going to buy a small amount when we do. When we eat that up, then we'll buy more.

2. Once the 12 pack of Cheerwine in our fridge is finished up, no more soda! We only have 3 or 4 more cans in there, so we'll be done with it pretty soon. 

Argh.  I have tried this like 3x so far lmfao...  to post this.

In Sept I got tired of being overweight so I started walking to work.. and watching what I ate.. then walking home from work as well.  After a few months, I threw running in there.. but I hurt my foot.. then got sick.. so I had to take a month and a half off..

Now I don't care what I eat but am still walking to and from work.  I'm pretty happy with that as long as I exercise daily.

I would post pictures.. but apparently this site hates me.. even though I uploaded them.. I can't get them to post.

i have not being doing awesome. i keep telling myself im going to continue the c25k, but the last time was last wednesday! 

i'm going to kick this week off right and do week 1 of c25k tomorrow. good luck to everyone who is starting tomorrow :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Originally Posted by aleeeshuh /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i have not being doing awesome. i keep telling myself im going to continue the c25k, but the last time was last wednesday! 

i'm going to kick this week off right and do week 1 of c25k tomorrow. good luck to everyone who is starting tomorrow :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 
Hang in there, you can do it!  Just remember, Rome wasn't built in a day either. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> One day at a time, chica.

I did something crazy this weekend. I bought dresses! I can probably count on both hands and still have fingers left over on how many times I have worn a dress. I just never felt comfortable in them and after awhile, I had gotten so big that the only real option were moomoos and I refuse to wear those.

But the ones I bought this weekend were not only a size smaller than I usually wear but they made me feel great, which I think is even more important. 

Ladies, you guys look great!! Lookin' real, real good. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

And Pancua...where did you get that dress? It is adorable!

Quote: Originally Posted by Its Only Nicole /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oooh that dress looks lovely on you!
Thanks! I love this dress. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by ladygrey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ladies, you guys look great!! Lookin' real, real good. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

And Pancua...where did you get that dress? It is adorable!
I got it at JCPenny! I go there every Friday afternoon after work and spend a couple hours browsing. Sometimes I find stuff, some times I do. This was a great find! I found a couple others too that I can hardly wait to wear. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hi Ladies!!!  Happy Monday!

@Nicole - OMG! GIRL!!! Where have you BEEN!!!??  So good to see you again!!

@Pancua - congrats on your success lady!!  You look great!! Love the dress!!

My week of rest is over and today Im back to square one.  I've decided to lo carb again and so far soo good.  Im also running at lunch time and tonight I hit Insanity with my SIL.  My goal is to run 3x this week... lo carb thru ketosis which should be Thursday.  Insanity every night this week.

Im not gonna go crazy now - if I cant run, I'll walk.  If I can't do all the Insanity workouts, at least I'll try them.  My goal is to just do it regardless of how hard I do it.  Strength is the key this week.

thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted by DreamWarrior /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hi Ladies!!!  Happy Monday!

@Nicole - OMG! GIRL!!! Where have you BEEN!!!??  So good to see you again!!

@Pancua - congrats on your success lady!!  You look great!! Love the dress!!

My week of rest is over and today Im back to square one.  I've decided to lo carb again and so far soo good.  Im also running at lunch time and tonight I hit Insanity with my SIL.  My goal is to run 3x this week... lo carb thru ketosis which should be Thursday.  Insanity every night this week.

Im not gonna go crazy now - if I cant run, I'll walk.  If I can't do all the Insanity workouts, at least I'll try them.  My goal is to just do it regardless of how hard I do it.  Strength is the key this week.

thumbsup2.gif
woohoo! It's good to have realistic goals, it really does help to keep one on track. Yay you!

kult.gif
 Yay!! I did it!!  I ran 3.34 miles today - only stopped twice but walked thru them finishing at 10.5 minute miles!!  I'm beat red and still trying to catch my breath but I feel AMAZING!!

Woohoo. I'm down 2 lbs despite slacking the last month. I'm no longer considered overweight by BMI standards. Now on to fitting 95% of the clothing in my closet. It seems that I have not lost any inches, going down one size would accomplish that goal.

Originally Posted by DreamWarrior /img/forum/go_quote.gif

kult.gif
 Yay!! I did it!!  I ran 3.34 miles today - only stopped twice but walked thru them finishing at 10.5 minute miles!!  I'm beat red and still trying to catch my breath but I feel AMAZING!!
Yay!!!

Originally Posted by amberlamps /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Woohoo. I'm down 2 lbs despite slacking the last month. I'm no longer considered overweight by BMI standards. Now on to fitting 95% of the clothing in my closet. It seems that I have not lost any inches, going down one size would accomplish that goal.
Woohoo!! COngrats!!

Thanks! It's been so hard to lose weight. I've only lost about 9 lbs since October of last year (when my doctor told me I should lose some weight), but I have been maintaining it so that's always good. It's frustrating though.

Also, in a few minutes I have to call the jury duty line again to see if they need me for an afternoon trial.. I'm hoping they dismiss me though and if they do I'm going to either do pilates or go for a long walk before it gets to the high of 92.

@ Pancua, I love that dress! You are absolutely glowing in that picture.

@ Dream Warrior, that is so awesome! You should be really proud, I know I would be!

On the yoga discussion, I think the Wii program is a great way to learn the core yoga poses and sequences. I like Rodney Yee videos, that man is crazy. I encourage folks to try out a class at your local gym. Almost all gyms have yoga classes, generally free with membership. You can always call ahead to ask which class is the best for beginners. It's really nice to have the instructor correction once in a while and I think classes give you great energy and motivation.

Easter threw me off my eating plan, my boyfriend's family had two very big dinners on Saturday and Sunday, with desserts to boot. And I have a birthday tonight at Cheesecake Factory, dangerous! I'm planning on eating beforehand and just getting drinks. I refuse to order cheesecake, even though I will be sorely tempted. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by amberlamps /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Also, in a few minutes I have to call the jury duty line again to see if they need me for an afternoon trial.. I'm hoping they dismiss me though and if they do I'm going to either do pilates or go for a long walk before it gets to the high of 92.

Nope, I have to go in at 1pm. LAME. I better get my homework together so I'll have something to do.

Latest posts

Back