Let's Get Fit Together!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome! It's a really fun program, and I'll admit...I really enjoy going into a gym and lifting more weight than all the bros around. PM me if you have any questions about it! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by DreamWarrior /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've never heard of it! Cool! Im gonna have to check it out! Thanks!  Im always looking for new programs. hehehehehe.

Originally Posted by aleeeshuh /img/forum/go_quote.gif

THANK YOU FOR THIS!!! I'm gonna DL this for Wednesday's session
no prob! it was the first time I ever ran w/ music and it def did help me focus my attention away from the pain :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by DreamWarrior /img/forum/go_quote.gif For those of you who like to dress up, run, and drink beer - I offer you Warrior Dash...
icon_cheesygrin.gif
  Also for any fitness level, this 5k is full of fun obstacles.  You WILL walk at some point, but you will also climb, tred, crawl and jump your way to the finish.  With this race you wont cry or care about how fast you did it, you'll just laugh. 
umm that looks SO RIDICULOUSLY FUN. unfortunately the one I'm closest to is at least 3.5 hours away and can't get to it this year, but I'm definitely putting this on my calendar for next year!

http://warriordash.com/index.php

Originally Posted by Pancua /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I fence. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Have been doing it for a couple years now. I love it. 
I'm not gonna lie, the first thing that popped into my head when I read this was the seen in Parent Trap XD Lindsay Lohan was so adorable.

Tomorrow morning will be Day 2 of Week 1. Kinda dreading it. Definitely not looking forward to feeling the pain

Neither am I. I had to run to catch a bus today, and oh my gosh...it was just awful with lots of sweatiness and heavy breathing. I ought to be ashamed of myself lol. 

Tomorrow morning will be Day 2 of Week 1. Kinda dreading it. Definitely not looking forward to feeling the pain

hahaha... I am the same exact way. After that first minute of running on the C25K podcast I was huffing and puffing hahaha. i felt like people could hear me breathe

Originally Posted by ladygrey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Neither am I. I had to run to catch a bus today, and oh my gosh...it was just awful with lots of sweatiness and heavy breathing. I ought to be ashamed of myself lol. 

I've broken through my barrier! I am now at 217!! Yay!! 17 more pounds to go!

Quote:

Awesome! It's a really fun program, and I'll admit...I really enjoy going into a gym and lifting more weight than all the bros around. PM me if you have any questions about it! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Cool thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by icecreamofwheat /img/forum/go_quote.gif

umm that looks SO RIDICULOUSLY FUN. unfortunately the one I'm closest to is at least 3.5 hours away and can't get to it this year, but I'm definitely putting this on my calendar for next year!

http://warriordash.com/index.php

I'm not gonna lie, the first thing that popped into my head when I read this was the seen in Parent Trap XD Lindsay Lohan was so adorable.

Awesome!! I ran this twice so far and will defo do one again this year! They are a ton of fun!! Especially this brand - there are other's out there, but they're a little more "serious" and intimidating.  This one is all about fun.

Fencing!! LOL!! I thought the same thing (Parent Trap) - Thants really cool Pancua!!

If you feel like you are not ready, you can repeat the week. Don't push yourself too hard. The idea is get healthy, not get broken. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Fencing!! LOL!! I thought the same thing (Parent Trap) - Thants really cool Pancua!!

Thanks! My camping trip a couple weeks back was where I picked up my new sword and dagger set, custom made for me. They feel so awesome, both of them combined weight less than my old sword so no more tearing up my shoulders. I'm pretty excited to be working with them so it keeps me out there.

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've broken through my barrier! I am now at 217!! Yay!! 17 more pounds to go!

I just got back from the gym and I'm really disappointed with myself. I wasn't able to complete the entire workout. Ahhhh.... Tomorrow I have to go back and try harder to complete it. I usually drink coffee before my workout, but today I didn't. Do you think that has something to do with it??? I AM SOOOOOOOOOOO OUT OF SHAPE! I couldn't even complete 8 intervals of running for 1 minute, then walking for 90 secs.

If I'm still feeling like this by the end of the week, I may have to repeat Week 1. Thanks for the suggestion

If you feel like you are not ready, you can repeat the week. Don't push yourself too hard. The idea is get healthy, not get broken. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Great advice... I like the quote... " The idea is get healthy, not get broken "

It'll take lots of time and hard work, but we can do this! I'm super out of shape too, but I know that all the pain and hard work will pay off in the end. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I just got back from the gym and I'm really disappointed with myself. I wasn't able to complete the entire workout. Ahhhh.... Tomorrow I have to go back and try harder to complete it. I usually drink coffee before my workout, but today I didn't. Do you think that has something to do with it??? I AM SOOOOOOOOOOO OUT OF SHAPE! I couldn't even complete 8 intervals of running for 1 minute, then walking for 90 secs.

If I'm still feeling like this by the end of the week, I may have to repeat Week 1. Thanks for the suggestion

A pair of shorts that were too big last summer fit me perfectly now.
scared.gif
And I realized I look terrible in shorts today. I'm going to the gym later today, but I might re-start C25K today too.

The good news is I haven't bought any cookies/candy in quite some time now and I think my sweet tooth died.

i know. i'm already imagining the results. if i'm able to complete the 9 week program I'm going to treat myself to ziplining and a go camera. crossing my fingers that i'll stick with it!

It'll take lots of time and hard work, but we can do this! I'm super out of shape too, but I know that all the pain and hard work will pay off in the end. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

With working out, one thing I remember a trainer telling me quite some time ago is the first day is going to be great! The next week, no so much, and that is because you are sore, the muscles are going to fatigue much quicker UNTIL they get used to it and then you will start surpassing your original benchmark. The trick is to keep going, push yourself just one more step each time and before you know it, you'll be setting new goals.

My first jog was fantastic! I did a mile and then some in 16 mins give or take. My next job I barely finished a mile and it took 22 mins. All because my legs were "Yeah, FU witch!" but I made myself do a very brisk walk at the very least.

Keep at it! You can do this!

i'm loving the support and advice from everyone. it's seriously helping me through my day!!!! love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
heart.gif

Back