Let's Get Fit Together!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always think the first day sucks, because I'm not used to all the work.. and that's why I'm always re-starting.

So here is my biggest relationship with food confession. 

I can tear through a pint of ice cream like there is no tomorrow and it was not unusual for me to do this 2 - 3 times a week. I've have made myself not have any ice cream at all this week until tonight and then I made myself break out the measuring spoons and put a single serving size in a small cup.

Ice cream is seriously my weakest link.

Another confession: I just realized it's been 2.5 weeks since I've had a cigarette much less a desire to have a smoke. It really has become something I only do when under quite a bit of stress. So yay for not only not having a smoke but not really needing one apparently!

Finished my C25k Week 1 Day 2 run. Managed to get a little further this time around before time ran out. Woot!

Congrats :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I didn't go this morning, but tomorrow I shall!!!! I wanna get healthy not broken, right?
smilehappyyes.gif

Originally Posted by Pancua /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Finished my C25k Week 1 Day 2 run. Managed to get a little further this time around before time ran out. Woot!

Originally Posted by aleeeshuh /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Congrats :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I didn't go this morning, but tomorrow I shall!!!! I wanna get healthy not broken, right?
smilehappyyes.gif

Exactly! I am going to do day 2 over again tomorrow. I don't feel like I am ready yet to move on so I will keep repeating until I feel more confidant. 

I went to the gym today for a little over 90 minutes. I did my regular routine, but actually finished 2 sets of the weight routine I do. I found out I only have 19 hours clocked in. I need to clock 16 more hours, and do the fitness post-assessment to get an A.

I still need to do my stretches for today, but right now I am eating a nice lunch of veggies and cheese because I am starving. I'll probably have more food in a couple hours because I have a bio exam tonight, followed by a lab, which usually takes a long time.

Originally Posted by amberlamps /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I went to the gym today for a little over 90 minutes. I did my regular routine, but actually finished 2 sets of the weight routine I do. I found out I only have 19 hours clocked in. I need to clock 16 more hours, and do the fitness post-assessment to get an A.

I still need to do my stretches for today, but right now I am eating a nice lunch of veggies and cheese because I am starving. I'll probably have more food in a couple hours because I have a bio exam tonight, followed by a lab, which usually takes a long time.
Good job and good luck on your exam!

You guys are so inspiring, I want to join in!

I am a yoga addict. Are there any other yogis out there? I've lost 20 lbs and kept it off over the last year, and I credit yoga 100% for that. I'd love to lose 5 more but those last pounds are TOUGH! To do that, I think I need to actually ... run. Running and I are not friends. I keep starting and then falling off the bandwagon. I'm going to at least recommit to my power walks every day at lunch.

This week I only did 2 yoga classes (Wednesday and Thursday) since I've been recovering from my wisdom teeth removal. Typically I do 3-4 classes a week, at least two of them being power yoga or very aerobic. It's easy because I love yoga so much. Some feel that yoga isn't "enough" to be a complete workout. But I once read that the best workout plan is the one that you'll stick to, and that's what yoga is for me! I highly recommend it to all of you to supplement your workouts.

I really want to try doing some yoga classes, right now all I have is my Wii.

Good job and good luck on your exam!

Pretty sure I bombed it. But hopefully I'll get a better score on it than I did on the first exam.. and now I'm going to have to work pretty hard to study for the final (which covers the next section and a little bit of what we've gone over so far). I have 7 papers to write by the week of the 16th... I should stop procrastinating. A few of them will be really easy, but one of the ones for bio is supposed to be pretty difficult, according to the professor. I do have jury duty on the 9th though so if they don't dismiss me the night before (which they have NEVER done in the 4-5 times I've been summoned) I'll get a lot of stuff done then.

I really want to try doing some yoga classes, right now all I have is my Wii.

You should! Or get some DVDs with Rodney Yee. It's relaxing.

Originally Posted by amberlamps /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You should! Or get some DVDs with Rodney Yee. It's relaxing.

My main concern is if I am doing it right. Having never taken yoga from a "pro", I'm just guessing if I am doing it right.

hand.gif
 Hi Everyone,

You all sound like you're doing great!! Keep up the awesomeness!!

I'd love to start Yoga, but dont know how?  Do you recommend Rodney Yee for a first timer??

Totally new to Yoga, I hear soo many benefits I figure I might as well try, right?

The first time I ever did yoga was with a Rodney Yee dvd. It came with my mat, of course, but he makes it pretty easy to follow along.

I also have a Maya Yoga & Pilates dvd set. It has 4 dvds and on the beginner ones (haven't tried the intermediate ones) they have different people doing different adaptations of the poses so you can do it correctly for your body and limitations. I really like the beginner pilates dvd that came with this set.

I wore one of my new dresses today and I am still in shock at how much my body has changed just in the last month. I felt awesome and, dare I say, I actually felt somewhat pretty for once. 

It was a great day. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

so... I've been avoiding this thread for the past 3 days. lol.

after starting c25k on Monday, I didn't do my week 1 runs on Wed & Fri like I planned to. but today I went on a 2-hr jog/walk w/ my friend who's much more of a runner than I am and got my butt kicked a little so I don't feel as bad as if I didn't do anything.

Anyway the whole point of me starting the C25k wasn't to just run a 5k. It was to strengthen my will power and stick to a schedule. So far I've faaaailed big time. ugh. here's to a better week 2!

Don't think of it as pass/fail, just think of it as progress. 

You didn't do anything last week, so now your goal is to do it once this week. And then maybe twice the week after. Baby steps and rework the negative self talk!

Don't think of it as pass/fail, just think of it as progress. 

You didn't do anything last week, so now your goal is to do it once this week. And then maybe twice the week after. Baby steps and rework the negative self talk!
also need to work on more positive thinking during the next 8 weeks! lol.

I think I kind of do the same thing many unsuccessful dieters say they do. attempt something, (like stick to this many calories, or in my case do this many workouts/week) and don't do it completely right the first time, and give up b/c I feel like I already failed w/ that half-assed attempt (then go back to eating an extra row of cookies, or not doing any exercise at all x_x <--both of which I've done lol). I need to keep telling myself it's a gradual process.

Latest posts

Back