Lip Monthly

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got mine for this month. I had cancelled, but it's possible I cancelled after they already billed, so I won't ding them for that until I check last month's bill.

As far as the bag goes, I am kind of bummed. 

I specifically signed up for this because I wanted lip stuff. I honestly would prefer less than stellar brands of all lip products than non-lip stuff of any kind.

There was a crayon and a lip balm, a liner that says it's for lip and eyes, but is a kind of olive greeny brown, so I will NOT be using on my lips, a nail polish ( kind of a coral/orange; the brand is Julie, maybe?)  and the ubiquitous Purlisse moisturizer sample. The actual bag, which is good quality but ugly, is the same as last month's so I guess it'll be the same one every month. 

I know Lip Factory also sends non-lip items, but they are upfront about that. Lip Monthly always stresses lips. Plus, they're non makeup items seem more interesting and unique( Brand-wise, I mean).

Glad I cancelled. I was willing to give them a chance, but it's not for me. I do think the value is probably decent, but I just don't like what they sent. 

just cancelled my sub and have three boxes left of my sub. nightmare tracking this month and not sure i will even get my box

I never had any issues with them, but I know a lot of people have. I just don't care for what they send. 

Good luck getting your bag this month!

I actually think this is a pretty decent bag for the price this month.

DSCN2672.JPG

I actually like all the products that I got this month, I just don't think the brown shade of L'Oreal lipstick is going to work on my skin tone. I also wasn't a huge fan of the lip/eye liner, but it's a light brown/nude so it'll be useful.

I mean it's $10 a month, and it looks pretty similar to Ipsy, only lip product heavy. I'm definitely not disappointed, but it's not one of those WOW subscriptions, either.

I agree that the value is there. I am not one that cares about getting fancy or specific brands, either.

I might resub if they ever get a reasonable match-profile set up. [SIZE=14.3999996185303px] My only real complaint is definitely that I want an all lip sub.[/SIZE]

I already have Lip Factory, so I get plenty of non-lip make-up, and their matching profile has been good for me so far. Plus I do like the brands they send better than the ones Lip Monthly has sent so far. 

I suppose it's hard to find enough companies to give you things specifically for lips every month. I wish Lip Factory would offer a yearly sub for their all lip boxes. I know I could do that myself, just keep cancelling and resubbing, but I'm afraid I'd forget and miss one!

Did anyone here ever sign up for Lipstick Crate?

I've been a lurker here for a long time (as I am on most forums) but after this morning I had to sign up and share what happened to me. Had a very negative experience with Lip Monthly - buyer beware. I got the first box in June for $6. The box was pretty awful, as we all know. I figured I would give it one more month. July's box was also garbage, so I suspended my subscription on their website. Soon after that I got an email saying I would receive a tracking number soon, so I went to their Facebook page to say I cancelled and I better not be charged because I did cancel.

This morning, I check my bank statement after a bit of shopping and I see I was charged $10 by Lip Monthly. I already cancelled almost two months ago. I immediately went to their site and there is no way to remove my credit card information. I went to their Facebook and commented that I want my refund IMMEDIATELY because I did not authorize this charge and they are crooks (I had seen some of you experience this already here on the forum!). Someone told me to send an email, so I did, and they replied saying I didn't email them to cancel, and since it wasn't done before a specific date that my next box would be October. I literally just told them I cancelled TWO MONTHS AGO and their reply was I cancelled the wrong way and that I am receiving a box next month. WHAT. I went back to their Facebook to post their reply so their customers can see just how sketchy their cancelling process is. By this point they had already deleted my comments. I posted that it's obvious they're hiding something because they're deleting comments and I had taken a screenshot, and when I went back a few minutes later they not only deleted all of the comments but they blocked me from posting as well. Clearly they would prefer customers do not know how to actually stop them from taking their money.

Since LM deleted/blocked me on FB and are now ignoring my emails they're proving to be uncooperative. So I have called my bank, the rep put a stop payment on all future charges from this company and they are starting the chargeback now. I have since submitted a complaint to the BBB as well.

If you order from this company knowing just how shady their practices are, AND that they do keep your card info on their website with no option for you to remove it, then I wish you luck with them in the future because you will need it.

Got mine for this month. I had cancelled, but it's possible I cancelled after they already billed, so I won't ding them for that until I check last month's bill.

As far as the bag goes, I am kind of bummed.

I specifically signed up for this because I wanted lip stuff. I honestly would prefer less than stellar brands of all lip products than non-lip stuff of any kind.

There was a crayon and a lip balm, a liner that says it's for lip and eyes, but is a kind of olive greeny brown, so I will NOT be using on my lips, a nail polish ( kind of a coral/orange; the brand is Julie, maybe?) and the ubiquitous Purlisse moisturizer sample. The actual bag, which is good quality but ugly, is the same as last month's so I guess it'll be the same one every month.

I know Lip Factory also sends non-lip items, but they are upfront about that. Lip Monthly always stresses lips. Plus, they're non makeup items seem more interesting and unique( Brand-wise, I mean).

Glad I cancelled. I was willing to give them a chance, but it's not for me. I do think the value is probably decent, but I just don't like what they sent.
I just looked at a person after this post and realized they received a l'oreal lipstick.... I remembered that I didn't receive any lipstick at all so I know I didn't get one. This I can end read this and realized you hadn't either.. ??? Ummm so what was really supposed to be in the bag?

I got October tracking.  This will be my first bag, I signed up to try it because of the $5 offer.  I saw a spoiler that the actual design of the bag will be different this month.  I hope they do cuter bags,like Ipsy.  I also noticed that after the first month, if you try to cancel online, it will say if you continue you can get your next month for $8.  So, I may stick it out for 2 months at that price, not much to lose.

I've been a lurker here for a long time (as I am on most forums) but after this morning I had to sign up and share what happened to me. Had a very negative experience with Lip Monthly - buyer beware. I got the first box in June for $6. The box was pretty awful, as we all know. I figured I would give it one more month. July's box was also garbage, so I suspended my subscription on their website. Soon after that I got an email saying I would receive a tracking number soon, so I went to their Facebook page to say I cancelled and I better not be charged because I did cancel.

This morning, I check my bank statement after a bit of shopping and I see I was charged $10 by Lip Monthly. I already cancelled almost two months ago. I immediately went to their site and there is no way to remove my credit card information. I went to their Facebook and commented that I want my refund IMMEDIATELY because I did not authorize this charge and they are crooks (I had seen some of you experience this already here on the forum!). Someone told me to send an email, so I did, and they replied saying I didn't email them to cancel, and since it wasn't done before a specific date that my next box would be October. I literally just told them I cancelled TWO MONTHS AGO and their reply was I cancelled the wrong way and that I am receiving a box next month. WHAT. I went back to their Facebook to post their reply so their customers can see just how sketchy their cancelling process is. By this point they had already deleted my comments. I posted that it's obvious they're hiding something because they're deleting comments and I had taken a screenshot, and when I went back a few minutes later they not only deleted all of the comments but they blocked me from posting as well. Clearly they would prefer customers do not know how to actually stop them from taking their money.

Since LM deleted/blocked me on FB and are now ignoring my emails they're proving to be uncooperative. So I have called my bank, the rep put a stop payment on all future charges from this company and they are starting the chargeback now. I have since submitted a complaint to the BBB as well.

If you order from this company knowing just how shady their practices are, AND that they do keep your card info on their website with no option for you to remove it, then I wish you luck with them in the future because you will need it.
This sub just makes my blood boil. I was still getting their emails with all their promos and their referral stuff and I finally unsubscribed from their mailing list and stopped following them on Facebook because every email/post made me furious. Even if the products and value improved and it was the world's greatest deal, I'd never sub again on principle and I'd absolutely never recommend it to anyone.

This sub just makes my blood boil. I was still getting their emails with all their promos and their referral stuff and I finally unsubscribed from their mailing list and stopped following them on Facebook because every email/post made me furious. Even if the products and value improved and it was the world's greatest deal, I'd never sub again on principle and I'd absolutely never recommend it to anyone.
Same, I would never ever recommend them, even if the sub price was half of what it is I would absolutely not recommend them. It is so much more than just the fact that they send you actual garbage, but their business practice, their hiding the facts from customers by selectively deleting and blocking, and their absolute refusal to refund me when they stole my money. They finally refunded me on their own but it was days after I had to open a case with my bank and email the BBB. How anyone can sub to them after seeing all of the nightmare stories being posted online is BEYOND my comprehension.

Oh, no! I just subscribed to take advantage of this 1ST5 coupon :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I was planning to cancel it after the first month. I wish I read this before :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />(
The account password they sent in the confirmation email doesn't even work. My first impression is bad already.
How can I stop the subscription?

I do not want to deal with them after reading your bad experience.

EDIT: Hmm, they don't have a CS phone number. That is suspicious! After reading all of the sour experiences you had it seems like the sane way to go is to actually cancel my credit card in order to get my payment info out of their system :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Booo!

Note to self: Read MUT forums first before subscribing to anything online...

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, no! I just subscribed to take advantage of this 1ST5 coupon :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I was planning to cancel it after the first month. I wish I read this before :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />(

The account password they sent in the confirmation email doesn't even work. My first impression is bad already.

How can I stop the subscription?

I do not want to deal with them after reading your bad experience.

EDIT: Hmm, they don't have a CS phone number. That is suspicious! After reading all of the sour experiences you had it seems like the sane way to go is to actually cancel my credit card in order to get my payment info out of their system :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Booo!

Note to self: Read MUT forums first before subscribing to anything online...
I considered joining many months back and emailed them because the code wouldn't work online. They emailed back right away and told me they would manually refund me if I couldn't get a code to work. I decided against joining, but I think you might be okay to just email them.

I considered joining many months back and emailed them because the code wouldn't work online. They emailed back right away and told me they would manually refund me if I couldn't get a code to work. I decided against joining, but I think you might be okay to just email them.
I cancelled a few hours after joining, using their website. But the pending charge on my credit card did not go away, instead it became permanent. I e-mailed them to get a refund for the charge and make sure that there won't be any recurring charges. I will give them the 15 day grace period before exploring the options with my bank, I hope Lip Monthly will be able to resolve.

I read so many horror stories, Better Business Bureau has the lowest rating and fraud claims that company did not even respond, and saw this message in My Subscription Addiction:

"UPDATE FROM LIZ: Some subscribers have reported being double charged for this subscription, so I recommend holding off on purchasing a subscription for now. I’ll update again if things change."

The company looks a bit shady. There is no way to remove credit card information from their website. I hope I won't have any unpleasant experience with them.

I received this reply today:

"Hi there,

I see that your account has been cancelled.

The shipping list for the April bag has already been sent to our warehouse, so unfortunately we are unable to offer a refund.

You will receive the April bag, and no additional charges will be made.

Cheers,
LipMonthly
Allison 
Team Lip Monthly"

And this in the sneak peak for April:
"This month we're including 4 full-sized products - one of which is from Cargo Cosmetics and retails for $16! Its super high shine gloss delivers intense color payoff and locks in moisture to keep lips feeling hydrated. This long wearing lip gloss has a slick texture that feels creamy, gliding over lips without being sticky."

I hope they won't send anything old/expired. Some of those past box photos posted were gross. Hopefully, Lip Monthly got their act together ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Lip Monthly April boxes will be sent out this week, starting from Monday.
I am so excited and curious :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Hope we will get good (and fresh) stuff.

I saw online that Lip Monthly company is for sale. I am a bit afraid since the new owner will get all of our stored credit card information and we don't know how smooth the transition will be. I think it's good to keep a careful eye on our credit card activity for the next few months :/ Hope nothing upsetting will happen.

Lip Monthly April boxes will be sent out this week, starting from Monday.

I am so excited and curious :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hope we will get good (and fresh) stuff.

I saw online that Lip Monthly company is for sale. I am a bit afraid since the new owner will get all of our stored credit card information and we don't know how smooth the transition will be. I think it's good to keep a careful eye on our credit card activity for the next few months :/ Hope nothing upsetting will happen.
I had my debit card hacked this past week. I cancelled Lip Monthly back in December. I just wonder if their site was secure to begin with.

I had my debit card hacked this past week. I cancelled Lip Monthly back in December. I just wonder if their site was secure to begin with.
Oh I'm so sorry about what happened to you :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Hope you were able to resolve it through your bank.

Yeah, their system looks shady although the payment page was encrypted with TLS 1.0. However the payments are processed by https://stripe.com/. So, it can be either Lip Monthly or this third party company. :/

I received the shipment notice on Monday morning but the parcel did not move after the label was created on April 13, 2015 , 9:43 am. Is it normal? How long it usually takes for the box to actually leave after the shipment notice is sent?

Back