Lip Monthly

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where do I even begin with this one?! I'd vaguely heard some talk about this company and the 50% off promo going around.. for $5, I was tempted, but held off on it. I believe the day before yesterday, someone posted in a FB group I am in - the code "lipmonthly12" and mentioned a 1st box free. I figured.. hey, first month free, what could possibly go wrong? I'll give it a shot and do a blog post/review.

Went to their website, selected the monthly subscription option and at checkout I entered this code. It took off the $10 with that code and showed a remaining balance of $0. I put in my info and placed the order. I also received a confirmation email that shows a $0 charge and that my first box will be delivered the first 10-15 days of August.

Well.. I guess I should have done a bit more research into the company. I checked the bank account, and there's a $5.00 charge from them. I emailed them about the promotion and that I was being charged $5.. stated I would prefer a refund and my account cancelled if this was the case as it seemed incredibly sketchy to me. I get a response back from 'Rachel' who tells me they never had a free box promotion, that their subscriptions are nonrefundable, and their promo was for a $5 box which is what I paid.

I told her their website showed me a $0 total, and my e-mail even confirms it.. I again asked for a refund and made it clear I do not want their products and I will fight the charge if necessary.. I got an e-mail this morning saying: "We're unable to refund you as never have we advertised a free box on monthly subscriptions."

Seriously? You can't refund me the money you took without my knowledge.. for product I haven't even received yet, and have clearly stated I do not want to receive and have requested to have cancelled.. this is just ridiculous over $5. This company has left a really bad taste in my mouth.
I had the EXACT same issue with them and the exact same response. My confirmation email and screenshot BOTH say $0. I put my card info thinking it wasn't going to charge it. So what the hell?! 

Got mine today, and it's a good value for money in that I paid 5 dollars and got 5 full sized items.

But the colors are god-awful for me and one of the items is an anti-frizz/ straightener cream and my hair is stick straight. I got all brown and brownish nude lip products. And I bet you there's another chick somewhere whining about the pale pink and rose lippies and volumizing spray she got! (Or do we all get the same with this one?)

I don't really care about the stuff being old (I mean discontinued things, not age-wise) but I  can see where not having any kind of profile is going to be problematic.

Will give it a few more months, though. I do love lip products. So far Lip Factory is by far my favorite.

Did anyone ever try Lipstick Crate?

So my July Lip Monthly came today

IMG_0856.JPGIMG_0855.PNG

I have already canceled my account going forward (providing they actually did it) but I will say that I was suppose to receive a bonus item this month for doing a youtube video last month...no item. :(
Also one of the products I was "suppose" to get that was listed on my card was not there and instead replaced with a discontinued Stila product. (Hard to feel too bad about a discontinued product when it's Stila but still...useful info for others)
3 of my items are active items and you can buy them online, or in stores. 1 item (Stila) is a well known company but the item I received was discontinued and the Appeal Cosmetics item is not listed on their company website, and can't be found on Amazon so I have no idea what is up with that item....I do see on the insert that Lip Monthly is going to start selling their items online so maybe this item will only be able for purchase via Lip Monthly once the site launches....who knows.
This box was a zillion times better than last month in every single way. All items were full sized minus my non-lip related item. I would love to see this company continue getting better and better but I simply have too many subs right now and little interest in subbing to a company that has so many bugs to work out still.

Based off of this box alone, I would be impressed with the company, even with one discontinued product. However, I am not impressed with their communication and don't have a good history with me to stay for now.

But the colors are god-awful for me and one of the items is an anti-frizz/ straightener cream and my hair is stick straight. I got all brown and brownish nude lip products. And I bet you there's another chick somewhere whining about the pale pink and rose lippies and volumizing spray she got! (Or do we all get the same with this one?)
I was actually pretty happy I got 4 different shades. A brownish mauve, a red, a coral orange, and a light pink. So we must get different shades. Sorry your shades weren't your style :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Just came across a few blog posts about it and found out that they're (Lip Monthly) sent out a box full of expired products for June. YUK!

• Lipology - Anti-Feathering Stick
  • Mary Kate & Ashley - Lip Foils (2)
  • lol - Lots of Love - Lip Stick
  • Essie Purifying Hand Treatment
I saw on @@GirlyEnthusiast blog she received the following items.

• Hard Candy Lip Tattoo
  • Stila Glaze Lip Liner in Fuscia
  • Lipology Outrageously Moist Wet Color Gloss
  • GlamNatural Poco Loco Lip Gloss
  • GlamNatural Cream Blush Sample
  • Ultrafresh Panthera Mini Mascara Sample
  • Lipology products appear to have been discontinued a long time ago. If you Google the name you'll find that the products are sold on sites that sell discontinued products.

• Mary Kate & Ashley, discontinued years ago. YEARS. I had one item I loved and that was discontinued like four or five years ago.

• lol - Lots of Love is still around and the lipstick is still sold.

• Essie Purifying Hand Treatment also a discontinued item no longer sold by Essie.

• Hard Candy Lip Tattoo - also discontinued and no longer made by Hard Candy.

• Stila Glaze Lip Liner - also discontinued.

• GlamNatural Poco Loco is still sold ditto with the cream blush.

• Ultraflesh Panthera appears to be discontinued since it's not showing up except in reviews and discount sites that sell discontinued items. Ok, looked into it more and it was a Sephora brand item and been long discontinued (it launched in 2010 but not sure when it was discontinued).

Overall, it appears that Lip Monthly is not working directly with companies and instead are buying products from 3rd party wholesale vendors and discontinued sites.

Yeah.. very disappointing. The longer this thread gets the more I have to shake my head at this subsciption.

Just came across a few blog posts about it and found out that they're (Lip Monthly) sent out a box full of expired products for June. YUK!

• Lipology - Anti-Feathering Stick
  • Mary Kate & Ashley - Lip Foils (2)
  • lol - Lots of Love - Lip Stick
  • Essie Purifying Hand Treatment
I saw on @@GirlyEnthusiast blog she received the following items.

• Hard Candy Lip Tattoo
  • Stila Glaze Lip Liner in Fuscia
  • Lipology Outrageously Moist Wet Color Gloss
  • GlamNatural Poco Loco Lip Gloss
  • GlamNatural Cream Blush Sample
  • Ultrafresh Panthera Mini Mascara Sample
  • Lipology products appear to have been discontinued a long time ago. If you Google the name you'll find that the products are sold on sites that sell discontinued products.

• Mary Kate & Ashley, discontinued years ago. YEARS. I had one item I loved and that was discontinued like four or five years ago.

• lol - Lots of Love is still around and the lipstick is still sold.

• Essie Purifying Hand Treatment also a discontinued item no longer sold by Essie.

• Hard Candy Lip Tattoo - also discontinued and no longer made by Hard Candy.

• Stila Glaze Lip Liner - also discontinued.

• GlamNatural Poco Loco is still sold ditto with the cream blush.

• Ultraflesh Panthera appears to be discontinued since it's not showing up except in reviews and discount sites that sell discontinued items. Ok, looked into it more and it was a Sephora brand item and been long discontinued (it launched in 2010 but not sure when it was discontinued).

Overall, it appears that Lip Monthly is not working directly with companies and instead are buying products from 3rd party wholesale vendors and discontinued sites.

I got my bag/box today.  This was my 3rd month ... and my last.  I unsubscribed for now at least.  However, had this been my 1st box I would have had a little more interest in staying with them.  I am going to wait and see how things go in the future.

My box contained:

1.  Appeal Cosmetics lipstick in Red Light District

2.  City Color Cosmetics Lip Balm in Bright Pink

3.  City Color Cosmetics Lip Lush Lip Crayon (can't find color name, but it is a brownish color)

4.  Stila Lip Glaze Stick in Orange

5.  John Frieda Straight Fixation Smoothing Creme trial size

Came here to see what you MUTers thought about the box after seeing a review on YouTube, glad I did! I think I'll pass on this box... To many bugs to work out and possibly in the old products, lol.

I got an email from them today saying they had a Login system now and were working on adding on a personalization quiz.

One would think they'd have done all that before going live.

They charged me for August the day I got my first box, so I'm in for one more month. I'll probably give them one more month after that, to see if things improve. Don't ask me why, since I hated my first box!

Well, they kind of stepped up their game this month. The brands are sill low end, but my colors are better. I don't have pics, just a little more info in the spoiler.

They have a bag. It's much better quality than Ipsy's usual offering;  it's not a pretty bag, but it's sturdy! The brands are still that City Color, Pixi and Jess's Girl, so not high end, but the colors are better for me this month

I"m happy with it. Still worth 10 bucks and another month to me. 

Is there a way to post an attachment as a Spoiler? I have a pic, but don't know how to post it straight from the card to the post w/o spoiling it.

Or does anyone even care about it being spoiled?

I'm confused about this sub. It seems to contain potentially expired products and I just saw an ad for it on the MuT front page? Have they made some improvements we aren't aware of yet?  

I'm confused about this sub. It seems to contain potentially expired products and I just saw an ad for it on the MuT front page? Have they made some improvements we aren't aware of yet?  
I believe that just means they are a sponsor/buy ad space on MUT.

Even so, I have heard through some blogs that last month's box was a lot better than the past ones. So maybe if they're advertising and trying to get new members they'll have a decent box for September? I guess time will tell!

Does anyone that used to subscribe know when their boxes ship out each month?

@@MissJexie I'm just surprised MuT would let a company that sends out expired sub products even buy ad space!  Like you said, time will tell. 

For those concerned about advertisers on MUT please let Director know via our Contact Us page. I rarely know who any upcoming advertisers are so I'm surprised by Lip Monthly as being one of the advertisers knowing that they have had issues in the past.

Hi Folks.  Lets keep this discussion on topic, which is about Lip Monthly. I will, though, take small minute to say this:

OT: As you all may know, MuT is a free site for members and lurkers.  The site, which is now almost 12 years old one, maintains certain month to month and year over year expenses. Expenses like server purchasing, server maintenance, high web-traffic, custom programming, coding, mobile management, software forum licenses, management teams and much MUCH more. You can see by our ad placements, that advertising is (and will be) important to the longevity of MuT. MuT provides ad space for various companies, ad networks and others with no affiliation other than providing that space.  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20"> 

Thanks!

Back