Lip Monthly

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I emailed them on Saturday to cancel my subscription and I heard back from them today with a confirmation.  However, in the past when I've emailed them about other issues, it once has taken over a week before I heard back from them and it was because I had to email them again.
Thanks!  I finally signed my fourth email with my name with "Attorney at Law" after it.  That got a response within a couple hours  :angry:   I'm finally canceled...

I just got my tracking number email.  So, they are a bit more on the ball this month.  Let's hope the products are better.

I have also been charged for July....I forgot to cancel.  I really need to cancel and resub (if I decide to continue) on a date that is AFTER they ship out for the month. 

Rachel sent me a box to review on my blog last month. I want to like this box.. so badly. But sending out discontinued stuff is not good business practice especially for your first box. One of the glosses I received looked defective but that could be blamed on the fact that it sat in my mailbox in 110 degree heat all weekend.

20140528_224553.jpg

Eh....I subbed to this box this month because they had a 50% off code (making it only $5) and I figured what the hey. I followed last month and was curious to see what this month would bring. I cant say Im *blown away* or anything, but considering I only paid $5 for this I dont have many complaints. I doubt I will keep this sub more than two months though. Hopefully they only get better over time, but who knows?

tumblr_n768xvOvX81r9fao5o1_500.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Onyxspider you beat me to it.

Got my sub in the mail today.   I haven't had a chance to check things out online, but Mary Kate & Ashley hasn't been around for awhile has it?   I don't mind so much getting a discontinued color, but if the brand isn't even around anymore, why do I really want to try it....not like I can say "hey, I liked their X lipgloss so let me try this new stuff."

I have already been charged for July, but I am going to cancel.  I am hoping to get the July charge reversed.

At least they got rid of the flimsy clear envelope.  But they need to work on the box size...only 2 items fit in it this time!

Got mine today. Not really impressed. And definitely annoyed that there was no promised extra item to make up for the moldy Hard Candy gloss last month.

I don't really see why you're so disappointed, I really think it has great value and nice variety of lip products. You can't beat 5 us for that box too..

I don't really see why you're so disappointed, I really think it has great value and nice variety of lip products. You can't beat 5 us for that box too..
Because an item in my last box was unusable and they said they'd include a replacement but didn't? Besides neither of my boxes were $5.

Omg this sub is so crazy. I don't see why anyone subscribes to it. I LOVE lip products and would love a lip only sub but this is not a good one. That Mary kate and Ashley line got discontinued 5 years ago! That has to be beyond expired. Where are they even finding this product?

I am beyond upset right now.  They said they would send me a replacement product in my June box.  They didn't.  It would've been fine if they just simply forgot to but when I emailed them, this is the response I got:

"Thanks for your email. We have been talking to our suppliers and they assure us that the green in the gloss is a breath freshener ingredient as all of them have that in them. A replacement would look exactly like the one you have so you can go ahead and use it."

They actually did highlight the breath freshener part in yellow. No apologies or anything.  I hate being lied to so bad.  I am really truly sorry to everyone for starting this thread about Lip Monthly.  To anyone thinking of subscribing, please stay away from this shady company.  This last email from them is just the last straw for me from all my other issues I've emailed them about.

They, at the very least, should have emailed you with the information they received from their "suppliers" which confirmed the product didn't actually contain mold. Instead they just ignored the entire situation and didn't bother letting you know they were renigging on their promise of a replacement.

I would probably contact Hard Candy themselves about this. I don't think any company would appreciate old and moldy goods be presented as current products through a separate company. Most companies who do supply samples for subscription boxes typically do it for PR and promotional reasons, and I don't think any one of them would want to be associated with this.

Ha! Wow...I didn't even know that Mary Kate and Ashley had been discontinued....*then again I dont pretend to keep up with all beauty items because Im more of an enthusiast than anything* Useful info though. I always learn a lot following this thread and I am certainly not excited that they are giving discontinued items on a consistant basis.
Yeah, I figure Ill stay one more month then bail unless they REALLY wow me. I did a video review so they sent me an email saying id get an extra product next month...after reading these comments, Im not holding my breath. This month I am paying the full 10$ so who knows what July will have in store.
*Also, sorry I posted a youtube video before for those who saw it, I am still new and didn't realize that was a no-no for a thread like this*

I did end up ordering a Lipstick Crate box and it was really great (of course I didn't check to see if the products were discontinued :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  But I got a OCC lip brush, a bite beauty 1/2 size gloss, a 1/2 size lipstick queen, full size Essence lipstick, full size NYX clear lip gloss and a full size lip balm that smells amazing.  But this service is WAY more expensive...like $30 a month.  I will be posting a video on my yt channel showing all the products this evening if you want to check it out and see the products  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

HelpMeSleep That is terrible that they didn't send a replacement item, I think this company is terrible - I knew I shouldn't have jumped and ordered a box to soon :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Did you email them or have heard back from them regarding the missing product?

Wowzers did not do my research and subscribed right away after seeing one of my fav youtubers review it. I only payed $5 so I am hoping the products will amount to that. I was a little uneasy when i realized there wasn't a login after ordering my box. I am a broke college student so I don't think they could bill my card after this time because i usually only have a dollar in there.  :lol:

Wowzers did not do my research and subscribed right away after seeing one of my fav youtubers review it. I only payed $5 so I am hoping the products will amount to that. I was a little uneasy when i realized there wasn't a login after ordering my box. I am a broke college student so I don't think they could bill my card after this time because i usually only have a dollar in there.  :lol:
Wrong discussion. I'm getting Lip Factory box. So sorry. 

Sorry, but I think everyone who subscribed to this has a right to be upset. They are getting people to pay them for discontinued and expired products that they most likely are buying off of ebay in mass quantities. The mary kate and ashley lipglosses are available on there in huge lots for next to nothing. If people want old potentially expired products, they can go on ebay themselves. Having a company pose as a subscription service, but refuse to send out boxes on time, promise to send out items and then reneg on it, and then lie to people about items being moldy is beyond horrible and shady. There is no reason this company should get anyones money, even $5 is too much for the crap they are sending out. 

Hopefully Hard Candy gets back to people about what the lipgloss is supposed to look like. 

Where do I even begin with this one?! I'd vaguely heard some talk about this company and the 50% off promo going around.. for $5, I was tempted, but held off on it. I believe the day before yesterday, someone posted in a FB group I am in - the code "lipmonthly12" and mentioned a 1st box free. I figured.. hey, first month free, what could possibly go wrong? I'll give it a shot and do a blog post/review.

Went to their website, selected the monthly subscription option and at checkout I entered this code. It took off the $10 with that code and showed a remaining balance of $0. I put in my info and placed the order. I also received a confirmation email that shows a $0 charge and that my first box will be delivered the first 10-15 days of August.

Well.. I guess I should have done a bit more research into the company. I checked the bank account, and there's a $5.00 charge from them. I emailed them about the promotion and that I was being charged $5.. stated I would prefer a refund and my account cancelled if this was the case as it seemed incredibly sketchy to me. I get a response back from 'Rachel' who tells me they never had a free box promotion, that their subscriptions are nonrefundable, and their promo was for a $5 box which is what I paid.

I told her their website showed me a $0 total, and my e-mail even confirms it.. I again asked for a refund and made it clear I do not want their products and I will fight the charge if necessary.. I got an e-mail this morning saying: "We're unable to refund you as never have we advertised a free box on monthly subscriptions."

Seriously? You can't refund me the money you took without my knowledge.. for product I haven't even received yet, and have clearly stated I do not want to receive and have requested to have cancelled.. this is just ridiculous over $5. This company has left a really bad taste in my mouth.

I was charged June 27th for my July box and I requested my account cancelled today. I told them I DO NOT want to be billed for August and as I was charged both months on the 27th and today is the 8th there is zero reason why I should be charged again. *However, I should be getting my July box as I was already billed and paid full price for it*
....now lets see if they actually do it. I wanted to be optimistic but it just isn't worth it to me. I know a zillion other subs I would enjoy subbing too more than this one.
I can shop for discontinued products on my own time...and not through a company that consistently shows horrid customer interaction and support. 

Back