Lip Monthly

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm going to die if there's no sneak peek soon!  I'm really hoping they post a sneak peek within the next week as boxes are shipping out in a week and a half.

I know it's only been a few days since the last comment but I am new to these box subscriptions and this was the first one I did :-(

I am so pissed right now. I was checking my credit card online and I saw a brand new charge pending that says Spicy Subscriptions. No freaking way are they charging me for a second box when they haven't even sent me the first. :angry:

I'm curious to see how this all plays out for the girls who are taking the hit for the rest of us. Their site says that they've partnered up with brands around the world, but they haven't really said who. The image they have with 5 lip products mostly seem like brands who don't do partnerships. I'm not sure what the first on the left is, the second is Clinique, third is Sephora, fourth is NYC, and last is MAC. MAC definitely don't do these types of partnerships, nor does Sephora for their house brand. 

Just got an email:

Dear LipMonthly Subscriber,

Its been a long and much anticipated wait for the first LipMonthly box. I wanted to send you a quick email to let you know that all of the products - and the products look amazing! - are being assembled together for shipment to you next week.

If you signed up before May 1st, you can expect a tracking number by next week if you're in the USA, and your shipment should arrive by the following week. 

We're also going to be posting some sneak peaks on our Facebook page over the next couple of days, so make sure to stay tuned here: www.Facebook.com/LipMonthly

Please let me know if you have any questions about your subscription. We're excited for you to try your first LipMonthly and share your feedback! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Cheers,
Rachel
Team LipMonthly
Responded and asked about the second charge. Did that happen to anyone else?

I just checked and realized I was charged today as well.  I wrote to them cause I'm a little upset to say the least.  I really do not think they should be charging anyone for the second box already when the first one hasn't even been shipped out to anyone yet.

I emailed them and asked if I could please get a May box since they charged me within the first few days of May and they said no that it would apply to June but I could pay another $10 if I wanted a May box. Usually these subscriptions will accommodate especially when they have so many issues. I said no, I am not paying another $10 when they already have my money.... 

I emailed them and asked if I could please get a May box since they charged me within the first few days of May and they said no that it would apply to June but I could pay another $10 if I wanted a May box. Usually these subscriptions will accommodate especially when they have so many issues. I said no, I am not paying another $10 when they already have my money.... 
I emailed them last Thursday because they charged me another $10 for June last week and I think that's crap and want a refund for the second month. I want to see an actual product before I commit to a second month. On Facebook, they replied on Sunday and said someone would respond to my email first thing Monday. No one did. I emailed them a second time on Monday. I have yet to get a response to either email. I've basically been spamming their Facebook and they keep promising someone will email me and no one has. They are sketchy as all hell. 

Gee, I read all of the posts in this thread and the best thing that I personally think is...

Maybe (just a thought) maybe you should pull out of the subscription thing and file a complaint.

Seriously, this seems so very suspicious to me and I honestly think that they might be really dodgy. I might be wrong, but it might be safe to file a report after you contact them one last time. See what they do, if anything at all apart from a email.

If it does turn out that they are dodgy, maybe you should make a complaint and demand a refund, cause this ain't right.

If there is any updates, please do tell, as even though I don't know about this subscription thing, I would like to see and know how everything goes and turns out for you all.

All the best and I seriously hope that they do something good very soon and don't muck you around anymore, maybe even give a little extra something to make up for the hassle, just my thoughts.

:) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Gee, I read all of the posts in this thread and the best thing that I personally think is...

Maybe (just a thought) maybe you should pull out of the subscription thing and file a complaint.

Seriously, this seems so very suspicious to me and I honestly think that they might be really dodgy. I might be wrong, but it might be safe to file a report after you contact them one last time. See what they do, if anything at all apart from a email.

If it does turn out that they are dodgy, maybe you should make a complaint and demand a refund, cause this ain't right.

If there is any updates, please do tell, as even though I don't know about this subscription thing, I would like to see and know how everything goes and turns out for you all.

All the best and I seriously hope that they do something good very soon and don't muck you around anymore, maybe even give a little extra something to make up for the hassle, just my thoughts.

:) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Thanks I'd kind of like to do that. So far I can't even get them to return an email about getting that "June" charge refunded. I guess we'll see what happens. Hopefully we get bags next week and hopefully they live up to that preview they posted on facebook with the Stila!

It would be awesome for them to make up for their mistakes.

I seriously hope they do sort it out, I can imagine that it would be very frustrating not being able to get through to them properly. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

New here, but I'm a subscriber to this box (if it ever shows up!).  My shipping status is still listed as being "information received."  So, not shipped yet.   That information just gets generated when they print the mailing labels (like it does if you use Ebay's postage system).  It could take days for them to get the box to the Post Office.

I did get an email yesterday that said they'd be sending out a survey so we could tell them about our experience.  They put something in there about how they know they need to ship faster.  (I can't find the email or I would post it.)  EDIT:  No wonder I couldn't find it....It was posted on their Facebook account..LOL!

I don't like their billing....they say they bill on the same day each month that you sign up.   Since my billing will go through on the 10th I won't be able to cancel the next month if they don't get the boxes to us on time.  I've already been billed for June.  I think I will cancel now (and they'd better make sure to send me June) and then see what happens.

Sigh

Last edited by a moderator:
New here, but I'm a subscriber to this box (if it ever shows up!). My shipping status is still listed as being "information received." So, not shipped yet. That information just gets generated when they print the mailing labels (like it does if you use Ebay's postage system). It could take days for them to get the box to the Post Office.

I did get an email yesterday that said they'd be sending out a survey so we could tell them about our experience. They put something in there about how they know they need to ship faster. (I can't find the email or I would post it.) EDIT: No wonder I couldn't find it....It was posted on their Facebook account..LOL!

I don't like their billing....they say they bill on the same day each month that you sign up. Since my billing will go through on the 10th I won't be able to cancel the next month if they don't get the boxes to us on time. I've already been billed for June. I think I will cancel now (and they'd better make sure to send me June) and then see what happens.

Sigh
I think I'm going to do the same thing but if I don't get my June stuff or a refund,I will raise hell. Actually, if I don't like this month, I'll want June refunded.

Back