L'Oreal Test Panel - Who's Getting What, and How Is It?!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can anyone tell me how does the 5 study compensation work? A while back I got an informational study and it said it would count as 1 out of 5 and that once I have 5 studies I would be compensated. Im fairly new so Idk what to expect. What kinds of stuff come in the compensation after 5 studies.

Can anyone tell me how does the 5 study compensation work? A while back I got an informational study and it said it would count as 1 out of 5 and that once I have 5 studies I would be compensated. Im fairly new so Idk what to expect. What kinds of stuff come in the compensation after 5 studies.
Somebody mentioned a while ago that L'Oréal is not doing this anymore. They emailed and L'Oréal emailed back saying they had stopped that program. You might try emailing as well, just for confirmation.

Did anyone participate in the mascara study a few weeks ago? Still haven't gotten comp gift...it never takes this long! Also, I'm confused on the 5 informational survey thing...I got through it, but I don't even know how it works anymore? 

Did anyone participate in the mascara study a few weeks ago? Still haven't gotten comp gift...it never takes this long! Also, I'm confused on the 5 informational survey thing...I got through it, but I don't even know how it works anymore? 
Lucky you! I would have loved to participate in a mascara study but didn't see a survey in my queue.  I did; however, complete an eyeliner/eye-brightener study (about 2 weeks ago) and am also waiting for a comp. A friend of mine completed an eyebrow product study 3 weeks ago and is also waiting for a comp. I hope that you see something in your mailbox soon  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  

Just curious- is anyone starting an at-home hair study on September 12th? I am looking forward to it since I had such a great experience in another L'Oreal hair study a few months ago. 

Hi Lala599! I participated in the mascara study. They said it would take 3-4 weeks for comp, so we should get it by the middle of next week at the latest (hopefully!). Someone on here said L'Oréal wasn't doing the comp for 5 informational surveys anymore, but I would probably email their customer service to confirm if that's true or not.
PS - what did you think about the mascara?!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just curious- is anyone starting an at-home hair study on September 12th? I am looking forward to it since I had such a great experience in another L'Oreal hair study a few months ago.
Deborah H - you're so lucky with so many studies! I seriously never get picked for anything. I didn't qualify for the hair study, and I didn't qualify for another study yesterday that asked about blush products, boo! Hope you enjoy the hair study!

Deborah H - you're so lucky with so many studies! I seriously never get picked for anything. I didn't qualify for the hair study, and I didn't qualify for another study yesterday that asked about blush products, boo! Hope you enjoy the hair study!
Hi, and happy Friday! I think that I have had beginner's luck with L'Oreal, but my dashboard has been kinda quiet lately (maybe because I am already okay'd for next week's hair study). I have had some luck also with "The Pink Panel" and just today there was a facial product study through "Clicks Research" that popped up in my e-mail Inbox.  If you haven't already done so, maybe you might want to look into those opportunities as well? Crossing my fingers that you get to participate in something fun soon! 

My comp for a hair study (HC17-079) that I completed in July was extremely generous. I received an Urban Decay eye shadow palette, a Lancome all-over eyeshadow brush, and a Maybelline lipstick (in a very flattering shade). In addition- the shampoo, conditioner, and leave-in treatment that I tested were amazing.  I only wish I knew what the brand was so I could purchase them!!!  

IMG_2587.JPG

Hi, and happy Friday! I think that I have had beginner's luck with L'Oreal, but my dashboard has been kinda quiet lately (maybe because I am already okay'd for next week's hair study). I have had some luck also with "The Pink Panel" and just today there was a facial product study through "Clicks Research" that popped up in my e-mail Inbox. If you haven't already done so, maybe you might want to look into those opportunities as well? Crossing my fingers that you get to participate in something fun soon!
Thanks for the suggestions! I haven't seen anything in my Clicks dashboard yet, which is unfortunate because I spent a lot of time filling out my profile! I hadn't heard about the Pink Panel, but I'm now signed up! Hoping for some new opportunities!

In other news, I received my comp yesterday for the mascara study - a Vichy cleanser, and a Maybelline Color Sensational matte lipstick in 'All Fired Up' (a super bright pink/orange shade that I hope I'll love!)

Thanks for the suggestions! I haven't seen anything in my Clicks dashboard yet, which is unfortunate because I spent a lot of time filling out my profile! I hadn't heard about the Pink Panel, but I'm now signed up! Hoping for some new opportunities!

In other news, I received my comp yesterday for the mascara study - a Vichy cleanser, and a Maybelline Color Sensational matte lipstick in 'All Fired Up' (a super bright pink/orange shade that I hope I'll love!)
Congrats! That sounds like a very nice comp for the mascara study.  I have heard good things about the Vichy cleanser :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

So a couple weeks ago there was a mini poll when I logged into my account. It asked about what type of compensation we prefer. I remember there were choices between things like gift cards, prepaid cards, products, or a combination. I remember the results put products as the most preferred comp but now it seems they are doing away with that: I got into a study today and it said my compensation would be a $10 prepaid card.

Kind’ve disappointed because I enjoyed the surprise aspect of the compensation. It was super fun to look forward too. It also gave me a chance to receive products I probably wouldn’t buy for myself. On the other hand, sometimes I receive things that don’t really suit me so they go to waste. And I have way too much makeup and really don’t need more (who am I kidding, I’ll still buy more lol, but still...)

What are your thoughts?

So a couple weeks ago there was a mini poll when I logged into my account. It asked about what type of compensation we prefer. I remember there were choices between things like gift cards, prepaid cards, products, or a combination.: I got into a study today and it said my compensation would be a $10 prepaid card.

Kind’ve disappointed because I enjoyed the surprise aspect of the compensation.

What are your thoughts?
I agree 100%. I'm lucky to be at a point in my life where I can buy what I want. As a busy mom, though, I don't have many opportunities to treat myself. The free products were a fun surprise. A $10 gift card is just...money.

One of my past rewards was a Lancome blush trio, worth about $40. I love it, and plan to buy it again in the future, even though I don't like department store makeup counters. Convincing me to buy a high end product? I see that as a marketing win for L'Oreal. A $10 gift card isn't going to influence me to branch out and try new items. 

Congrats on getting into the study, though! At least you'll get to try new products that way, even if their identity remains forever a mystery!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone else do the hair mask study recently? I don't remember if they specifically said if there would be compensation or not but just wondering if anyone got any or remembers if they did specify or not? They sent a bunch of unclear emails about changes in 2018 

Anyone else do the hair mask study recently? I don't remember if they specifically said if there would be compensation or not but just wondering if anyone got any or remembers if they did specify or not? They sent a bunch of unclear emails about changes in 2018 
I haven't seen any testing opportunities in such a very long time. I wondered if maybe they were doing away with the program but I am glad to hear that you were able to participate in a study! I didn't receive any e-mails about changes in 2018- would you mind sharing what information you received? Also, I do know that they offer lots of testing opportunities now through their "Clean & Green" beauty program. Here is a link with more information in case you are interested: 

Referral link: https://consumertesting.lorealusa.com/Survey8974.asp 
Referral code: 
CGB

I haven't seen any testing opportunities in such a very long time. I wondered if maybe they were doing away with the program but I am glad to hear that you were able to participate in a study! I didn't receive any e-mails about changes in 2018- would you mind sharing what information you received? Also, I do know that they offer lots of testing opportunities now through their "Clean & Green" beauty program. Here is a link with more information in case you are interested: 

Referral link: https://consumertesting.lorealusa.com/Survey8974.asp 
Referral code: 
CGB
Do you know if we can sign up to that program you linked to even if we already are a member of l'oreal consumer testing? It sounds like it's a forum to talk to other panel members so it sounds kind of fun. 

Back