March 2014 Mystery Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My (take 3 months) free polish code didn't work with the mystery box. I wonder if I can order Shannon separately if I call cs...

I broke down today and bought the 100% mystery box plus my 1st free month of Julep in Boho Glam. Fingers crossed it's something good

I'm really tempted for this mystery box, but not gonna lie, the February mystery boxes were very lackluster IMO. You got your one good polish, some products that didn't sell, and some polishes that were in the Savvy Deals section. Plus, regardless of what they say, the products and polishes DID overlap between the different boxes. I'm waiting for spoilers.

Quote: Originally Posted by LaStupenda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I'm really tempted for this mystery box, but not gonna lie, the February mystery boxes were very lackluster IMO. You got your one good polish, some products that didn't sell, and some polishes that were in the Savvy Deals section. Plus, regardless of what they say, the products and polishes DID overlap between the different boxes. I'm waiting for spoilers.
Based on the below, my understanding is there would be overlap in product between the Taryn, Shannon, and Aislinn boxes, but the 100% doesn't overlap with those three. But, we shall see.

"And if you want your box to be a total surprise, go for the Lucky Mystery Box (100% Mystery). As an added bonus, polish and product in this style does not overlap with the other Lucky Mystery Boxes."

No, it specifically says there would be no overlap in products between the boxes, only if you orderd multiples of the SAME box, which is why a lot of people were pissed last month. They got alot of the same polishes and products between the different boxes, not the same boxes.

Quote: Originally Posted by LaStupenda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  No, it specifically says there would be no overlap in products between the boxes, only if you orderd multiples of the SAME box, which is why a lot of people were pissed last month. They got alot of the same polishes and products between the different boxes, not the same boxes.
Julep has really horrible selective memory. They've had a problem before with people getting duplicate items when they've offered multiple boxes so the strategy was to reduce overlapping products with multiple orders. Then they stopped doing that again for some reason. because????

You're all a bunch of enablers!  I was all set to pass this up - I cant use all the polish I have!  but then I read this thread and ordered the Mystery Box w Shannon (I was torn between that and Aislinn but figured Shannon was a better spring/summer color)...  

FYI - They are already out of the $14.99 Mystery Add On...  I went for the $10 one, figure I'll send it to my sister if nothing else...

I miiiiight get Aislinn. I have that and the $9.99 add on in my cart. I have ZERO use for any of it really. I may remove the add on. I mostly just want Aislinn. 

Okay so I've been a lurker on MUT for a creepy amount of time lol. So my first post I decided is going to be to give good news! Julep has restocked the Major Add-On so hurry scurry because it usually is gone pretty darn fast! Nice to meet you ladies (and possibly gentleman?) :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm Lauren, I'm an addict; and have no desire to change etc etc... 
huggies.gif

I am still building my collection, so even though lots have mentioned dupes in the mystery boxes I think I'll be okay. I am a little bummed that it didn't pop up with the add-on option for me, though. I would've paid $10 more for an additional three polishes! Ahh well. I went with the Taryn mystery box. Can't wait till it ships!!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Because I've been a Maven for awhile now, I don't generally buy the mystery boxes since I usually end up with a lot of dupes.  But, then I saw Shannon and I mean, c'mon.  I HAD to buy it since it's my name and all (and I love mint green on nails).  Sigh.

Quote: Originally Posted by LaurenRoxsU /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Okay so I've been a lurker on MUT for a creepy amount of time lol. So my first post I decided is going to be to give good news! Julep has restocked the Major Add-On so hurry scurry because it usually is gone pretty darn fast! Nice to meet you ladies (and possibly gentleman?) :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm Lauren, I'm an addict; and have no desire to change etc etc... 
huggies.gif

Welcome, you're in good company here we are all addicts!

I ordered the Aislinn and Taryn boxes with the $15 add-on the night they went up, and my tracking says they won't be here until 17th-19th (to California). I'm hoping someone else gets theirs before then, because the mystery boxes are only available for another week. I want to see some spoilers in case I want to get the other two boxes!

Quote: Originally Posted by Kelly Silva /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I ordered the Aislinn and Taryn boxes with the $15 add-on the night they went up, and my tracking says they won't be here until 17th-19th (to California). I'm hoping someone else gets theirs before then, because the mystery boxes are only available for another week. I want to see some spoilers in case I want to get the other two boxes!

Same here. I got Taryn the night they went up and got my tracking email today showing est. delivery of 17-19. Last time I received my order a couple days earlier than estimated though so I'm hoping for that kind of luck this time too!

I was weak and gave in even though I said I'd wait for spoilers. "Holographic" is the word that got me. However, I realized earlier today that I put in the wrong address and there's nothing I can do because it already shipped! I have the building number in the first field and the apartment number in the second, but my apartment number doesn't exist in the addressed building. I'm hoping my mail room can figure out where it's really supposed to go based on that second line of my address or I might not be getting my box.

Quote: Originally Posted by Ashleigh Paige /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I was weak and gave in even though I said I'd wait for spoilers. "Holographic" is the word that got me. However, I realized earlier today that I put in the wrong address and there's nothing I can do because it already shipped! I have the building number in the first field and the apartment number in the second, but my apartment number doesn't exist in the addressed building. I'm hoping my mail room can figure out where it's really supposed to go based on that second line of my address or I might not be getting my box.
I'd give them a call tomorrow and see if they can fix it for you!

*****SPOILER ALERT***** (my work computer is super outdated and I cannot do the spoiler thing, so if you don't want to know stop reading now :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> ) Girls! Someone on facebook has received their mystery boxes!! I don't have the pic but I'll list the polishes she received... Taryn Mystery Box: Taryn, Tatiana, Dahlia, and Brielle, along with Neon Dips, Lengthening Mascara, and Mint Condition. Aislinn Mystery Box: Aislinn, Tatiana, Jennifer, Tracy, and Kennedy, along with Neon Dips and Mint Condition 100% Mystery Box: Shenea, Olivia, Reece, Missy, Diana, Jodie, Audrey, and Ursula. As small as my Julep collection is, it looks like I'll still end up with a dupe from my Taryn box. And, it's one I already have up for swap b/c I didn't like it much.. Ah well, that's the gamble I took.

I'm trying so hard to be strong and resist these...I'm a stay at home mom so my money is little and far between...I have just enough for a box but...I really wanna hold out....urgh

I actually really love the 100% mystery box. Hmmmm. The Taryn one is pretty nice too. I love those colors

Back