May 2013 Ipsy bag!!! (Spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by skylite /img/forum/go_quote.gif

When I emailed them about that, it took them over 10 days to get back to me, and then they basically told me it was because they ran out of the correct stuff and I was out of luck. ....why bother having accurate glam rooms then ?
Oh that stinks 
sadno.gif
  I think they definitely have some roadblocks to figure out with the whole customizing thing!  

Oh that stinks 
sadno.gif
  I think they definitely have some roadblocks to figure out with the whole customizing thing!  
I think one major thing they need to reassess is the priority of matching. That is, color vs product. It sounds like certain combos this month always got a particular shade of concealer, and any complaints about the concealer got brushed off because ipsy thought that getting lip gloss to the people who liked gloss was more important than getting the right shade of concealer. If they're going to send out a foundational product like concealer, I would rather get a correct shade of that than get a preferred product. That's one of the main reasons I was happy to see this matching program: I incorrectly assumed that they would actually pay attention to skin tone, so they wouldn't send things that are too dark for me.

Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So... a few weeks ago I emailed Ipsy to let them know my contents didn't match my glam bag (I received a Mirabella Lipstick instead of the powder/lip liner/glimmer gloss that showed in my glam room) and they emailed me back a week later to say "sorry, we'll send you the correct item." I just got the package today and received (drum roll please...)

another lipstick.  I'm not upset at all, because now I have Pixie (coral), the color I wanted at the beginning (got Posy in my original bag), it's just like... Sorry we sent you a lipstick.  Here's another lipstick to make up for it!

But, I like the Pixie.  So... win/win? 
That is HILARIOUS, but I'd say definitely a win still, I really wanted that Pixie, it looks fabulous! What product were you wishing for?

Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hmm.... good question!  The video I saw was about a makeover for a Christmas party!  The MUA used the gloss as a pop of red on a neutral face. Was that it?
Yup! I remember it being a party makeover! I think she said something about the color being a perfect Christmas/New Year party lip color. I agree with it, but it's also good for "it's the beginning of summer and I want a shimmery red lip". :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Finally got my second bag today and it was meh....

I got the roller ball in gardenia   not a fan I was praying for the Vanilla I'm going to try to trade this out

zoya in Gie Gie  I love the pink but I have a similar color already (I also have 6 polishes in my zoya cart I'm trying to convince myself i don't need.....)

eye brow gel I tried this out at sephora and it was pretty cool I'll see how it works for me

lipstick in charmed I wish is wasn't so sheer

and another concealer in buff a good match for me

Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So... a few weeks ago I emailed Ipsy to let them know my contents didn't match my glam bag (I received a Mirabella Lipstick instead of the powder/lip liner/glimmer gloss that showed in my glam room) and they emailed me back a week later to say "sorry, we'll send you the correct item." I just got the package today and received (drum roll please...)

another lipstick.  I'm not upset at all, because now I have Pixie (coral), the color I wanted at the beginning (got Posy in my original bag), it's just like... Sorry we sent you a lipstick.  Here's another lipstick to make up for it!

But, I like the Pixie.  So... win/win? 
That is HILARIOUS, but I'd say definitely a win still, I really wanted that Pixie, it looks fabulous! What product were you wishing for?

I did really want Bellarina, but now that I've seen swatches it looks a lot like Starlooks' Polish, which I got in a recent box.  So I'm happy with Pixie, I don't have any true "coral" colors and it's sheer enough that I can control how crazy my lips get!

Originally Posted by sabinebyrne /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hmm.... good question!  The video I saw was about a makeover for a Christmas party!  The MUA used the gloss as a pop of red on a neutral face. Was that it?
Yup! I remember it being a party makeover! I think she said something about the color being a perfect Christmas/New Year party lip color. I agree with it, but it's also good for "it's the beginning of summer and I want a shimmery red lip". :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Yes!  That's the one!  I think it would be perfect any time of year!  

Originally Posted by Scooby384 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got my replacement bag today...the one that was for my ongoing account that never showed, so I got the 'must be a scratched bar code' line and a replacement. I was sure it was going to be the crowd pleaser....and it technically wasn't. It had:

St Tropez - What I really wanted from my original bag (glam room showed the bronzing lotions, so I was excited for that. After I found out I had to get a replacement bag, I went ahead and purchased the Pacifica Sun Kissed glow, just in case I ended up with a crowd pleaser. So luck was on my side and I got the St Tropez.)

Zoya Pink - I was hoping for a purple since I got the pink in my crowd pleaser, but maybe I can trade or make someones day with a gift.

Vanilla Rollerball - Love the one I received in my crowd pleaser, but maybe will try to trade for a Gardenia, or save it for a backup.

Concealer in Honey - I got Buff in my crowd pleaser which was *almost* a match, honey is too dark.

Lipstick in Bellarina - A sparkly nude shade, will go good on * no makeup make up days* . Got Posy in my crowd pleaser and love it, so was good to get another wearable shade.

The bag is falling apart at the seams, but I'm not going to contact them over it since I now have two, and the other one is intact.

Overall, I enjoyed my two bags, but I will stick with one from now on. (I said crowd pleaser too many times in this post hahahahaha)
Still waiting for my replacement bag. Had to email them today over my tracking code because the shipping email they sent out on Friday gave me a tracking code then a website link to track it. The link was to the UPS site which I knew was wrong because my tracking code was all numbers and ALL UPS tracking codes start with 1Z..... but I entered it anyway and of course there was no results so I went to the DHL site and entered it there.....yeap....no results.....sigh.....here we go .....email to Ipsy....again.

OK...Ipsy's customer service is super duper FAST! I have been communicating with Janelle and she is great! She sent me the correct link and looks like my bag should be here tomorrow or Saturday! Hip Hip Hurray!
icon_cheers.gif

I decided to email them about what is in my glam room not matching what I got (supposed to have got the Mirabella Glimmer gloss, perfecting powder or lip liner) and got the lipstick.  I just want to know if the items not matching the glam room is normal or a glitch so I can make a decision about continuing as a subsriber.  I have been subscribed since 2/12 and only have one subscription.

Originally Posted by Roxane68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Still waiting for my replacement bag. Had to email them today over my tracking code because the shipping email they sent out on Friday gave me a tracking code then a website link to track it. The link was to the UPS site which I knew was wrong because my tracking code was all numbers and ALL UPS tracking codes start with 1Z..... but I entered it anyway and of course there was no results so I went to the DHL site and entered it there.....yeap....no results.....sigh.....here we go .....email to Ipsy....again.
LOL that happened to me too. They sent a DHL number with a UPS MI tracking link. I was like uhhhhhh...it's either DHL or UPS MI, not both lol! They wrote back and gave me the *right* link to DHL.

Originally Posted by lovepink /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I decided to email them about what is in my glam room not matching what I got (supposed to have got the Mirabella Glimmer gloss, perfecting powder or lip liner) and got the lipstick.  I just want to know if the items not matching the glam room is normal or a glitch so I can make a decision about continuing as a subsriber.  I have been subscribed since 2/12 and only have one subscription.
Some other people here had this same exact issue. Ipsy is sending out another lipstick to *fix* the issue. At first they said 'we'll send you one of the other 3 products', and then sent a lipstick. Now they are saying they are *out* of the other three products, and are sending a lipstick. So I guess you should contact them, if you want another lipstick hopefully in a diff shade lol.

LOL that happened to me too. They sent a DHL number with a UPS MI tracking link. I was like uhhhhhh...it's either DHL or UPS MI, not both lol! They wrote back and gave me the *right* link to DHL.
They did that to me too. I got a link to ups mi, put my tracking number in, didn't work, put it in usps tracking and voila it works!

Haha well if I get another lipstick in a different color I will be happy!  I am fairly easy to please and lip products are my weakness.  I have a ton of them!  I am just hoping it is a glitch and not a sign of thing to come-items in glam room not matching, color matching being off etc.  I guess I can always cheer myself at least it is not the dead sea packet and Nume gift code circa Feb 2012! Lol

Some other people here had this same exact issue. Ipsy is sending out another lipstick to *fix* the issue. At first they said 'we'll send you one of the other 3 products', and then sent a lipstick. Now they are saying they are *out* of the other three products, and are sending a lipstick. So I guess you should contact them, if you want another lipstick hopefully in a diff shade lol.

Originally Posted by lovepink /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Haha well if I get another lipstick in a different color I will be happy!  I am fairly easy to please and lip products are my weakness.  I have a ton of them!  I am just hoping it is a glitch and not a sign of thing to come-items in glam room not matching, color matching being off etc.  I guess I can always cheer myself at least it is not the dead sea packet and Nume gift code circa Feb 2012! Lol

Quote: Originally Posted by Scooby384 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh lord, that was my first month with them, and I quit after that bag for 8 months. Until I was SURE it wasn't happening anymore LOL! I think they learned from there, all my bags since October have been pretty good.

I agree!  They have stepped up their game for sure!  Unlike some subs I think they do try to improve and take construstive criticism well!  I hope June is as awesome as May!

Oh lord, that was my first month with them, and I quit after that bag for 8 months. Until I was SURE it wasn't happening anymore LOL! I think they learned from there, all my bags since October have been pretty good.

This is the first month I have ever gotten my bag so late. I am happy with the customer service tho. I am curious what I am going to get tho since you didn't get the "crowd pleaser" nor did the bag match your glam room. Guess it will a complete surprise!

Originally Posted by Roxane68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by Scooby384 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This is the first month I have ever gotten my bag so late. I am happy with the customer service tho. I am curious what I am going to get tho since you didn't get the "crowd pleaser" nor did the bag match your glam room. Guess it will a complete surprise!

OHH it *did* match my glam room....sorry if i didn't type that clear! My main account bag that *got lost* had bronzer in the glam room, but I was afraid that since it got lost, I would end up with a *crowd pleaser* replacement bag instead (with brow gel instead of bronzer). But my replacement bag ended up being my original glam room contents, with st tropez bronzer. 

So it did match my glam room. Now my friend, who had the same issue, got the crowd pleaser *instead* of what her glam room originally showed (bag variation with hair product). So, I guess it's just random as to which bag u will end up with! 

OHH it *did* match my glam room....sorry if i didn't type that clear! My main account bag that *got lost* had bronzer in the glam room, but I was afraid that since it got lost, I would end up with a *crowd pleaser* replacement bag instead (with brow gel instead of bronzer). But my replacement bag ended up being my original glam room contents, with st tropez bronzer. 

So it did match my glam room. Now my friend, who had the same issue, got the crowd pleaser *instead* of what her glam room originally showed (bag variation with hair product). So, I guess it's just random as to which bag u will end up with! 
You probably typed it clearly.  I probably read it incorrectly! Oopsie! I really wanted to try that st tropez bronzer and it's not in my glam room nor the crowd pleaser bag soooo I ordered the sun saver kit from Sephora which included the st tropez  so I will probably get it in my bag now. Oh well! Extras are nice! Can't wait to get it!

I subscribed for the May bag on a whim (for some reason even though I've tried a zillion subs I never actually tried Ipsy). Since I subbed pretty late my package shipped pretty late too and it just arrived today. I was so bummed to get the rollerball in gardenia instead of vanilla, but I got the Mirabella lipstick in Ballerina...seriously, what a beautiful color! I don't think I've ever been so in love with a lipstick!

I subscribed for the May bag on a whim (for some reason even though I've tried a zillion subs I never actually tried Ipsy). Since I subbed pretty late my package shipped pretty late too and it just arrived today. I was so bummed to get the rollerball in gardenia instead of vanilla, but I got the Mirabella lipstick in Ballerina...seriously, what a beautiful color! I don't think I've ever been so in love with a lipstick!
I'm the same! I'm more of a gloss/balm sort of girl, but I loved the texture of Mirabella. I got it in Posy. It is a lovely pop of color.

Back