Memebox Addiction Support Thread

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@@marjojojoleintje congrats on quitting smoking!!  I stopped smoking 3 years ago (5/23/2011 to be exact) as I went into the ER for a perforated colon!!  I was on so many drugs for several weeks, that by the time I thought about smoking again, the urge was gone.

Which was great as a few months later, I had to purchase a new car - so my cig expenses (which was about 250-270/month - I live in a state where one pack is over 10.00 with taxes) became my car payment!

I can never catch up!!

I am an office girl :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  (an old one, but still...lol)  but the office box was, for me, meh.  Didn't care for it one way or another.  Don't hate it completely, but I don't love it either.
I really want to quit smoking, Ive tried an failed several times.

Girls, this isn't smoking, but I had a very real gaming addiction that kind of dropped off.. And then memebox addiction took its place...

So as unlikely as it sounds... I think I know what you guys mean =x...
athy I feel you. I was living in Asia when I was younger and that mmorpg gaming addiction is real. Like at least $200 a month for login credits, cash items and yadda yadda.  ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I haven't gamed in years as I quit upon entering college, but now I am channeling my money to travelling, memeboxes and random occasional online purchases. 

I had a league of legends addiction (a game) for many years. Every day after work I would play for atleast 4-5 hours. And it affected my work not going to bed until late at night. Good it's finally over and I play more every now and then instead. 

Didn't get my memebox 12 today either! :angry:

I had a league of legends addiction (a game) for many years. Every day after work I would play for atleast 4-5 hours. And it affected my work not going to bed until late at night. Good it's finally over and I play more every now and then instead. 

Didn't get my memebox 12 today either! :angry:
lol -  L.O.L, I still kinda sorta have a Guild Wars addiction

mmorpgs are dangerous. I was addicted prior to my son and won't play them anymore for that reason.

Haha nope! He probably uses some money on it too. So it evens out  :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Oh, yes, he does!  I manage our finances, and I'm constantly having to ask him if there's supposed to be a whole bunch of 19.99 charges on one of our cards from some online company...it's always something to do with his games, but if I don't recognize the company, I have to ask before I pay it!

I really want to quit smoking, Ive tried an failed several times.
You need to ask youself the question, why do I fail?

The rest I'll put in spoiler because I have losts to tell :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Some people are just not ready, some people have a weakness for addiction; smoking, alcohol, televison, junk food, etc(not all bad but addictive. makes it harder to quit)

Some people are restless; always need to do something with their hands. (tapping, biting nails etc)

So go study yourself for a while. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Also why do you want to quit? money, health, baby, dog, more memeboxes etc. sure we all want more money and live longer, that's always the main reason but why do we fail?

My mom quit before me and she has a weakness for addiction, ( not to become a alcoholic or something but easy to get used to something that's not that great for you) She started to bite her nails again (stil haven't stopped that) and buying Tarot, Oracle etc card decks. first it was an escape to not think about smoking, (the interest was already there before quiting) now it turned into an amazing hobby and she even started to write a blog and with great succes :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />, she still has sometimes in difficult moments that she longs for it but she stays strong.

"tats the addiction weakness talking to her: bad tasty candy stuff makes everything better.. but in the end it doesn't"

I failed 2 times long long time ago.

Then I knew that I wasn't ready. sure I wanted more money, good health and pretty skin... but that wasn't enough.

Then I started to get headaches when I smoked too much. couldn't smoke indoors anymore (no more fresh air and my throat started to hurt)

Then they raised the price again and I got angry because 2 packages of sigarets could be an awesome top at H&M

Then I got very ill and everything I ate tasted horrible. Also smoking hurted my throat, it tasted like I was a new smoker (horrible) and after 4 puffs I got super dizzy and nouseous :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Well you cal that timing! October 3th when I was ill I said I quit, I die before I get better from this ill if I don't quit (drama queen) but it worked. I was so happy and releaved that I said I don't have to smoke anymore. no headaches, no throatache, no dizziness ad no nouseous :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I still never got any problems, bad thoughts or anything, sometimes I even forget i ever did that. I feel like the 9 year old girl who said "I'll never ever lay a finger on a dirty sigaret, they stick!"

Don't use pills or bandages or anything like that (mostly more crap in your body and makes it harder because you constantly have to stink about taking pills or putting new bandages on and thattakes the mind back to "omg I'm quiting help" so better to avoid the whole subject.. don't speak to anyone about it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My advise try quiting when you are ill of a fever and everything taste horrible :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Online games are very addictive

When I was around 11 tot 16 I played shooters online a lot and people constantly asked me if I wanted to join their clan, said no a lot because I wanted to be free.

(but still stuck in playing those games.)

Now I'm still playing video games liked Dishorored, Dead Islands, Skyrim, Don't Starve.. these games are offline games. Now I just play these awesome storylines and when the game ends it ends. I have more fun playing this than online games :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> but I can say no and don't play all day!

I play lots of casual adventure games (the ones with hidden object scenes) and regular adventure PC games. I used to play hundreds of casual ones, but now they come out so quickly (at least 2 quite big games a week) that I don't have time to catch up and lost a bit of an interest. 

I don't see it as addiction really because I mostly get them free and don't get obsessed with them LOL It's really just a hobby, just like reading books which is my biggest one.

But I'm definately a bit of (or more) of a Memebox addict and a shopoholic generally. I really spend a lot on beauty products and clothes...

Now I'm still playing video games liked Dishorored, Dead Islands, Skyrim, Don't Starve.. these games are offline games. Now I just play these awesome storylines and when the game ends it ends. I have more fun playing this than online games :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> but I can say no and don't play all day!
skyrim was the last thing i played. the graphics were awesome. i thought some bits were difficult like weight limits and walking time etc.. until i found god mode hahaha. i likened that to memepoints and glitch. makes addictions........ worse addictions.

Stumbled in here, and I used to have a gaming addiction too! I used to play WoW for years, and it got pretty bad for a few months back in college, but I don't play anymore. I definitely miss raid nights boyfriend and I used to play together, those were fun. And right before I got into makeup and subscription boxes I was buying tons of 3DS games and gaming consoles. Now I have a fairly small collection, but I haven't even played all of them! Now makeup and subs are pretty much all of my fun expenses, I only buy a game or two occasionally, lately it was the DLC for Borderlands 2 from the Steam Summer Sale.

It does my heart good to see so many fellow gamers on this forum! My weakness is for JRPGs, platformers, and Dragon Age. And I'm very, very lucky to have a wonderful husband who buys me games for holidays and the occasional "just because" gift (leaving me more $$ for my clothes/beauty/books addictions, obvs). He's a keeper, that one! <3 <3 <3

Latest posts

Back