Memebox Affiliates

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, the IRS says if you dont get one, you contact them and they'll send you the form IF MEMEBOX SENT THEM THE INFORMATION.

If Memebox did not send the IRS the information then... well, there's really nothing you can do and at that point, the IRS doesn't know you have it anyway so you wouldn't get dinged for not reporting it.

The thing is that Memebox would be an idiot not to report it because affiliate payouts are deductions they can take as a company.

I suppose I can just do my taxes and then if the IRS sends me a note, just pay what they say.  Except I was planning on deducting my expenses anyway and wiping out any taxes I would have had to pay to begin with.  If my blog is considered a business because I made more then $600 with memebox then my memeboxes are now business expenses and deductible.  Along with all my other boxes, for that matter.

*shrug*  

So I have no idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
*pretends that all of this doesn't exist and does my taxes as if I'm not a blogger at all and hopes that everything just goes under the radar because this is too complicated for my tiny brain* lol

Waaa!! Finally got one!!  Good thing I have a printer!  They sent it via email (password protected).

uggg, now she is telling me that they don't have my w9 information.  REALLY????  I still have the email from november that I sent to Lauren.  Just sent it again.

Also, she still wants to use paypal, so I told her I didn't make $20,000 in affiliate money,  so she can't use paypal to give me my taxes.

They are RIDICULOUS. This makes me even more relieved to not have their affiliate program be super busy anymore. All of this unnecessary stress because they can't keep their shit together.

Did everyone get the e-mail about all the US ambassador's getting the Soothing SIsta Palette? I already bought it so I asked Lauren if it was OK for me to still get one from them and do a giveaway with the one I bought. She said it was fine, so yay! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

They are RIDICULOUS. This makes me even more relieved to not have their affiliate program be super busy anymore. All of this unnecessary stress because they can't keep their shit together.

Did everyone get the e-mail about all the US ambassador's getting the Soothing SIsta Palette? I already bought it so I asked Lauren if it was OK for me to still get one from them and do a giveaway with the one I bought. She said it was fine, so yay! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
that is what I am going to do as well!  great minds!

SO PISSED OFF.  I sent Memebox my W-9 information last November.  Then I was told that my 1099 was mailed in January.  Nope, no.  Then I was told it was in Paypal.  Nope, no.  Then I was told oh, we don't have your SSN and W-9 information and that is why it isn't in Paypal.  Do you have another paypal address?  Nope, no

Resent my W-9 information with the original email dated back in November. 

No response.  At all - not even to confirm that they got it. 

I got pissy and just emailed them again today - stating that I want my 1099 today and I know they have emailed the 1099 to other affiliates.  I mentioned all of the above, basically pointing out that they have been giving me the run-around and then stated if I didn't get it today, I would report them to the IRS. 

I am so pissed off at them.

Can anyone tell me if the MEMEBUNDLE and FREESHIPPING coupons still work?

Also do people still get money off their purchase when they use our referral links? We haven't been updated on any of that stuff so idk what to put in the future for available coupons and deals...

missjexie, freeshipping was only for the international shop.  I have removed all coupons that were affiliated with the old system and only displaying the new ones

I haven't found out about the affiliate discount links, so I don't want to show them if they don't work.  I would assume if they  did work and people did purchase 100 or 150, the discount would show automatically...

I don't know as I haven't gotten any clear answers back from Lauren on this.  I don't think she even knows with how it is going to work with linkshare.

missjexie, freeshipping was only for the international shop.  I have removed all coupons that were affiliated with the old system and only displaying the new ones

I haven't found out about the affiliate discount links, so I don't want to show them if they don't work.  I would assume if they  did work and people did purchase 100 or 150, the discount would show automatically...

I don't know as I haven't gotten any clear answers back from Lauren on this.  I don't think she even knows with how it is going to work with linkshare.
SIGH...I just feel like no one knows what is going on anymore...what is the benefit to being an affiliate other than commmission? I want to give my readers a good deal, y'know? ugh...I'm just so tired of them taking more and more away from us. We don't even get coupon codes anymore! 

So done lol

I've just had all my points and affiliate pay turn up in paypal and just thrown in to bank account to get the hell out just as quick . So if your waiting it's slowly seeping through check your accounts

So I got my tax documents in the mail today....

I have no words lol.

"We sent them out in January." Ok Memebox...whatever you say.

So I got my tax documents in the mail today....

I have no words lol.

"We sent them out in January." Ok Memebox...whatever you say.
Is this the original documents or the resent copies . This sounds so bad and screams tax avoidance on memebox part all over how they handle day to day stuff . The fact affiliate is like this screams run to the hills as is be too scared they haven't done something and worry I'm going to get a summons further down the line .

I hope it's all sorted and goes through without a hitch now on .

I got the SoothingSista palette today.  I haven't used it yet but I thought it was browns!

It's not! It's rosypinkypurpley!  My faavorite!

well, well... It looks like I may get January's rakuten Memecommission direct deposited instead of a check!  I hope this works. Having to wait for a check stinks.

I got that email too - I am still waiting for the little test deposits to show up in my account so I can verify them.  I hope that this means that our first commission is going to be direct deposit, because, as you said, check=wait + my bank is a credit union that the closest branch is in Boston.   And with all of this snow, it is going to be a pain finding a place to park.  Waiting for the T in this cold doesn't make me happy either :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Yea...I've made so little in commissions since the switch that it'll be a miraculous day when I get a payout from Rakuten LOL ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back