Memebox Affiliates

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Omg, if this avoids having a check sent, I'm going to be so happy.

Also, HAH!  Guess what I just got?  Yep.  The 1099.  Mailed on the 18th.  

Ridiculous.  If that was the fault of their accounting company, they should slap them.  But somehow I'm pretty sure it was memebox did something dumb.

Question for y'all.  I asked for a withdrawal from Memebox to my PayPal account weeks ago -- actually I asked twice in response to an email from them.  But it was never made, and today I get an email from Lauren that says in part I have no points, blah blah blah.  I know points are separate from commissions, but when will they credit me for my commissions?  It's not much but I just want to be finished with this company.  Thanks!

Question for y'all.  I asked for a withdrawal from Memebox to my PayPal account weeks ago -- actually I asked twice in response to an email from them.  But it was never made, and today I get an email from Lauren that says in part I have no points, blah blah blah.  I know points are separate from commissions, but when will they credit me for my commissions?  It's not much but I just want to be finished with this company.  Thanks!
it would have gone to your memepoints and then it would become a commission

Check your affiliate withdrawal page - do you see your withdrawal there?   If so, is it still pending?  Do screen shots too.  If they cancelled it on you, take a screen shot and send it to lauren.

they hope to have everyone's commissions paid out by February 28th.

If you filled out the Google form for your commissions and requested the cash via the Withdrawal section in your affiliate account, those should have already been turned into points.

The points will then be turned into cash via Paypal. If you are International, your whole stash of points/commission points should be converted to PayPal cash by the 28th.

I have no idea what the email meant, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the help.  I'm so confused.  They don't seem to want to either convert my commission to points or to refund it to PayPal.  I sent them an email today so will wait another day to try something else.  P.S.  I'm in the U.S.

My dislike for Memebox GROWS!  :angry:

hmmm....I do know that they were cancelling withdrawal requests if you made them in January as they were not doing any until the big "payout"    what does your affiliate withdrawal section state?

My Affiliate Account -> My Withdrawals

that should tell you your history of requesting a  withdrawal and if it is pending or canceled. 

Oh, good point.  I remember them saying that, too.

@@TheSilverNail when did you make your original request?

I have a feeling that whatever happened, you might have to become a special case.  I'm sure they won't deny you your commissions but it may take longer to get your payout.

Mine has been processed to points but the points have not yet been converted to a paypal cashout yet.

OK, after my latest email to Memebox, it went through today.  Glad I waited one more day before doing anything else.

Thanks, all, for the tips.  Pretty sure I'm done with Memebox, unless they go back to the boxes and prices they had before.

Is anyone else still waiting for cash via Paypal?
I got mine awhile ago, but according to Lauren, she is still working on paying out everyone which is why we all haven't received our refunds on the review boxes...I'm assuming like always, she's the only one doing everything so it's taking awhile...

I would shoot her a message and see if she's still working on them. I'm kind of getting irritated waiting so long for my flippin $85 refund for those review boxes...I put them on my credit card and I'd love to pay it off sooner rather than later :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I just wrote my third email asking whats going on and can I please get an update on when I can expect my commission.

I also asked about the review box refund.  That one is easier because I can just dispute it on Paypal if they don't do it.

But I've got a seriously huge amount of Memepoints that need to be converted to cash.  Especially since there's no way I'd ever use them to buy any of the available boxes.

I did get my payout last week.  I am waiting now for linkshare :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  It isn't much, but I would like to understand how they work and when they pay out

@Saffyra  linkshare finally did a payment - it only covered january's commissions and it is a check :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  You should check your account and see if you got your payout.

Noooo!  Yes, I see it under Payments and it is a check.  /sigh  I was really hoping to avoid that and had my fingers crossed that the deposit thing meant we wouldn't get checks.  

It seems the payout system is pretty normal.  Memebox pays Rakuten for January commissions by the end of Feb, then we get paid the first Friday of March.   That's what's awesome about Rakuten is that they payout each Friday.

So our February commissions will be paid the first Friday in April, March commissions paid in May, etc.  It's nice because other programs I'm in payout on the 15th or 21st.  So even though the company paid their bill for February on March 31st, I still would have to wait til April 21st to get the money.

I'm not complaining because it's basically free money (not really, but you  know what I mean... It's not something I count on or need to live on) and as long as it rolls in sometime, I'm okay with it.

ok whew.  got my cash.  review refund hopefully comes soonish.

Are you talking about Memebox or the check from linkshare?  I am still waiting on the check from linkshare - my memecash came in the last week of february...no review points yet...

ok whew.  got my cash.  review refund hopefully comes soonish.
whhoop! i think that will be extra work for the affiliates team (or just Lauren) then...cheque?! :/

Just dropping by to update that Lauren just refunded my memebox for review thing. Phew! It's bittersweet though..

Hmm.

So I just got a pretty rude, condescending comment on my Memebox Lip products post.

I do have an IP tracker, and (as usual with mean anonymous comments) I'm pretty positive I know who posted it.

Apparently I was mocking Memebox with my horrendously bad swatches.

Mkay.

I've never gotten a mean comment like that before, but I can't imagine being a bigger blogger and dealing with that on a regular basis. Have you guys ever gotten mean comments before? I don't know how to deal with them honestly lol...Half of me wanted to say "well, feel free to write your own blog post with better swatches you $&%(%" But I didn't. lol 

Lol on YouTube been told I have chunky hands and people can't understand me. I just ignore bad comments as tbh most of the time people would never say the same things to your face as they do online.

Back