My Glam

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MyGlam used a system within UPS to have UPS deliver to your local post office so USPS could take over from there.  Everyone had that method of shipping.

Originally Posted by ibedatfinemami /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I actually did get my bag on Friday instead of today which was my estimated date. I think it also depends on mail carrier how long they take to sort if they pick yours up and deliver on time.. Unless you are getting yours by ups. Ups delivered mines to a post office right by my house. (not sure why really if UPS already had it) 

oh ok thanks for clearing that up cause they mentioned something like ups handles all of the packages so I thought it was mostly ups not by mail. but all is good I got my package for this month so I'm happy ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Well, it looks like they are already making changes.

The sight originally said something like:

Subscription Status

Next payment: February 9, 2012

Next delivery: January 9, 2012

And now it just says:

Subscription Status

I know that was one of the big confusions for everyone. It's nice to see them changing things. I just hope they slow down with their subscribers. It's interesting to me that they are having all these problems (which is natural for a new company) when they could very easily control how many subscribers they can handle. I really think they can get it together, I just hope that they step back and really assess every aspect of their company. It might be good for them to hire a business manager or someone who really focuses on the logistics. I still think it will take a little time for everything to run super smoothly.

They do say that patience is a virtue!

I agree. It seems they don't need to add any more subscribers until they get their customer service and basic issues situated first! I have to commend Beauty Army for starting small and limiting their subscribers from the get go. They admitted to doing so to work out any potential kinks. Good for them on having good business insight, organization, and customer service (and they are even newer than myglam).......now if only they gave points like BB!

I just got my shipping notification.... I know they said everything was sent last week but I have to wonder if that's the case. I know with birchbox it takes a day or two for any tracking to show up so if it had been shipped a bit ago, wouldn't it at least show up something?  

I signed up at the beginning of January for myglam so I don't think I'm getting this months bag.

I heard though that theres a $20 off coupon for Wen hair care products. Is it for the Wen website? Also is it a general code like the UD one was?

Wen is doing a deal where their whole 30 day system is $29 so with the $20 off coupon the system is now $9 which seems like an amazing deal.

I am so done with MyGlam. The December Bag, yes, was a good deal, I won't deny that, but their customer service sucks!

I have received two different shipping notices! One on 1/13 and one on 1/17. Both still say that only the electronic info has been received, no other movement or update what so ever. Haven't received the 1/13 package. I don't even know why they sent a second email with different info, am I getting to boxes?

On top of that I changed my shipping address on 1/8 and they still sent it to my former address. I had the same problem with Birchbox, but they quickly fixed the problem and said they would send me another box to my new address. Awesome! Thanks birchbox! They haven't sent me shipping info for that box, but assuming it has already been shipped I should probably get that soon.

However, with MyGlam I got a completely different response that basically said, umm can't you just have the people at the first address send it to you? I was kind of ok with that, because, maybe it being sent to the wrong address is my fault since I did do the change on the 8th and these companies appear to print their label early, so, that's ok. But, the box hasn't arrived at the old address, the ship info doesn't say anything about it, AND they sent me a second email with different shipping info (different shipping number), and that second one, after my discussion with their customer service, is being sent to the same old address. They told me they wouldn't replace my box, so I don't know why they are sending another one, and on top of that, if they were going to be awesome and send a replacement box, why would they send it, again, to the wrong address?

Once I get this month sorted out I am going to cancel with MyGlam, I don't care how good of a deal it is. Plus I have that cucumber mask already, and I feel like their promise of a website of an active community is crap because I haven't seen anything like that (and in my opinion FB doesn't count). I don't care if sometime people are more disappointed by birchbox's sample choices, I have never been super disappointed and they have never aggravated me like MyGlam is doing!

The reason you guys are getting two shipping notices is because you are getting two bags. I just got this email.

Dear Valued Glammie,

Thank you for being a Glam Bag subscriber. Every month we promise to ship your Glam Bag around the 10th of the month. This month we had an issue with some of the shipments.

Our shipping partner Fulfillco confirmed that they incorrectly affixed duplicate labels to multiple bags on Friday that they then sent to UPS. Unfortunately, despite our team working through the weekend to recover every single package so that we could re-label all of them, we were unable to get any help from UPS and only recovered a smaller portion of our entire shipment.

Since we have mistakenly sent some people two packages, we are now missing a small percentage of Glam Bags. Unfortunately, yours was one of the Glam Bags that were incorrectly sent and that is now not recoverable. We are very sorry to have to disappoint you. We have already processed your refund and you should see it in your credit card or bank statement within 3-5 business days.

Of course, refunds are not enough, and we realize how disappointing it is and how much everyone was looking forward to this shipment. We want to make it up to you so we will be sending you an extra gift that is worth over $10 as part of your February Glam Bag.

We very much apologize for this inconvenience. Thank you for your understanding and patience as we grow MyGlam together. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us via http://myglam.assistly.com/ if you have any questions.
I'm super angry! So some people get two bags and I don't even get one. And I signed up in December! Not happy at all!!!

Currently I am a BirchBox subscriber, and I have never had any issues with them.So of course when I heard about the MyGlam bag I wanted to sign up for it. So when they started taking new subscriptions I signed up on Dec 18th so that I could receive the January bag. I was super excited, about my bag until the 10th came and went without any kind of email communication stating that my bag was shipped or there were delays or anything. Then today I get the following email:

Dear Valued Glammie,

Thank you for being a Glam Bag subscriber. Every month we promise to ship your Glam Bag around the 10th of the month. This month we had an issue with some of the shipments.

Our shipping partner Fulfillco confirmed that they incorrectly affixed duplicate labels to multiple bags on Friday that they then sent to UPS. Unfortunately, despite our team working through the weekend to recover every single package so that we could re-label all of them, we were unable to get any help from UPS and only recovered a smaller portion of our entire shipment.

Since we have mistakenly sent some people two packages, we are now missing a small percentage of Glam Bags. Unfortunately, yours was one of the Glam Bags that were incorrectly sent and that is now not recoverable. We are very sorry to have to disappoint you. We have already processed your refund and you should see it in your credit card or bank statement within 3-5 business days.

Of course, refunds are not enough, and we realize how disappointing it is and how much everyone was looking forward to this shipment. We want to make it up to you so we will be sending you an extra gift that is worth over $10 as part of your February Glam Bag.

We very much apologize for this inconvenience. Thank you for your understanding and patience as we grow MyGlam together. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us via http://myglam.assistly.com/ if you have any questions.

Needless to say my experience thus far as been less than stellar as far as the communication is concerned. I do understand that they are a new start up company, and this is a new process for them. However,  communication and notification are vital when dealing in an internet based business. On a side note, BirchBox takes the time to find out what their audience is truly interested in, and they try to tailor your box to you. The MyGlam survey was not very specific in regards to the questions they needed to ask such as skin type and complexion. They definitely need to add that component. I am not interested in getting a cool tone eyeshadow when I am of a warm tone complexion. Being that they are really accommodating in the email, I will try to hang in there to see if the February bag makes it worth it to ride it out while they work out the kinks. I am definitely disappointed
icon_cry.gif
because it seems like the January bag was a good one. Hopefully, the February bag will be redeeming.

Originally Posted by ablueorange /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I feel like their promise of a website of an active community is crap because I haven't seen anything like that (and in my opinion FB doesn't count).

The owner Marcelo already said we won't be seeing the website at 100% for a few months. Soon the system and site will be getting an overhaul to fix the account, billing, and payment issues so they are sorting that out first before focusing on the fun stuff.

Originally Posted by vallegirl25 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

On a side note, BirchBox takes the time to find out what their audience is truly interested in, and they try to tailor your box to you. The MyGlam survey was not very specific in regards to the questions they needed to ask such as skin type and complexion. They definitely need to add that component. I am not interested in getting a cool tone eyeshadow when I am of a warm tone complexion.
They already said they have a new, in depth quiz in the works that will include specific questions like that. I myself am snow white pale so I need products suited for me. Can't wait to see how well it actually nails our personal tastes!

Originally Posted by jayeldubya /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The reason you guys are getting two shipping notices is because you are getting two bags. I just got this email.

Dear Valued Glammie,

I'm super angry! So some people get two bags and I don't even get one. And I signed up in December! Not happy at all!!!
Originally Posted by vallegirl25 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Currently I am a BirchBox subscriber, and I have never had any issues with them.So of course when I heard about the MyGlam bag I wanted to sign up for it. So when they started taking new subscriptions I signed up on Dec 18th so that I could receive the January bag. I was super excited, about my bag until the 10th came and went without any kind of email communication stating that my bag was shipped or there were delays or anything. Then today I get the following email:

<snip email from MyGlam>

Needless to say my experience thus far as been less than stellar as far as the communication is concerned. I do understand that they are a new start up company, and this is a new process for them. However,  communication and notification are vital when dealing in an internet based business. On a side note, BirchBox takes the time to find out what their audience is truly interested in, and they try to tailor your box to you. The MyGlam survey was not very specific in regards to the questions they needed to ask such as skin type and complexion. They definitely need to add that component. I am not interested in getting a cool tone eyeshadow when I am of a warm tone complexion. Being that they are really accommodating in the email, I will try to hang in there to see if the February bag makes it worth it to ride it out while they work out the kinks. I am definitely disappointed
icon_cry.gif
because it seems like the January bag was a good one. Hopefully, the February bag will be redeeming.
I hope they keep that promise but how will they be able to keep track on who DIDN'T get a bag this month and who will get that "extra" item valued at over $10?

some women over on FB said they are receiving emails that they are getting a refund for this month. I'm hoping that I am in that bunch b/c I just dont want anything to do with this company. I dont even want the bag that they say will be sent to me. I received the above email as well. OH and last night after my rant on FB, i all of a sudden get a shipping notice at 9:30pm. now all of a sudden my bag is delayed so glad I cancelled!

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I hope they keep that promise but how will they be able to keep track on who DIDN'T get a bag this month and who will get that "extra" item valued at over $10?

Obviously I can't say for sure, but in my experience it seems like they make notes to your account like mine has for the extra item each month. i have no idea who set it into place, but whenever i contact customer service they say its "on my account". Perhaps they are doing the same to each persons unique account?

If any of you ladies have subscribed to myglam and you're not receiving a bag this month, send me a message and i'll be more than happy to send you the extra bag that I got in the mail, and I will happily pay for the shipping. If I get charged an extra $10 it's no biggie to me as long as someone gets this exta bag.
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by lalovesmakeup /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If any of you ladies have subscribed to myglam and you're not receiving a bag this month, send me a message and i'll be more than happy to send you the extra bag that I got in the mail, and I will happily pay for the shipping. If I get charged an extra $10 it's no biggie to me as long as someone gets this exta bag.
biggrin.gif

That's super generous of you!!! 
smile.gif

Back