Nail Art & Stamping

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that's funny...i rip off pieces of mine(same type..cheap sponges) i find a smaller nail sized piece is so much easier to control...not to mention frugal! and for the original question...make sure your sponge is slightly damp!!
Wet the sponge!!!! Doh, why didn't I think of that!! I just did my first one today and I couldn't figure out why it didn't look like some I had seen. I looks fine for a first attempt. I will post pics after some of the excess wears off...I am terrible at clean up!! Lol

Hi, you mentioned Bondi New York nail polish. I was just wondering where this brand can be purchased ? I live in Connecticut never heard of the brand. Thanx, Makeup Maven 1

Not sure if we are allowed to post links so I would google Bondi new york ad you will find it. You can purchase online. they have a subscription box but are currnetly back on shipping items.

Quote: Originally Posted by Sunflowercake /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Not sure if we are allowed to post links so I would google Bondi new york ad you will find it. You can purchase online. they have a subscription box but are currnetly back on shipping items.
Nobody in this thread said anything about Bondi at all... Hrm....

@Christa W : Angismith and I had mentioned it on the first page as a possibility to use for stamping. I believe that is what Makeup Maven1 was referring to.

Quote: Originally Posted by Christa W /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Nobody in this thread said anything about Bondi at all... Hrm....

@Christa W : Angismith and I had mentioned it on the first page as a possibility to use for stamping. I believe that is what Makeup Maven1 was referring to.
i also posted a mani using bondi

Quote: Originally Posted by lissa1307 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i also posted a mani using bondi
My bad.  Just thought it was strange since I didn't see it.

They do sell it in some Bondi stores if you check out the web site you can see a list of physical locations.  I know there is confirmed one store open in NY.  Not sure how close you are as the person I know in CT goes to NYC all the time but that might be an option if you are close enough.

Also I feel like the worlds biggest jerk.  I sent a PM, I don't want you guys to think I am a mean girl.  Having a terrible week and I didn't mean anything by it.

My bad.  Just thought it was strange since I didn't see it.

They do sell it in some Bondi stores if you check out the web site you can see a list of physical locations.  I know there is confirmed one store open in NY.  Not sure how close you are as the person I know in CT goes to NYC all the time but that might be an option if you are close enough.

Also I feel like the worlds biggest jerk.  I sent a PM, I don't want you guys to think I am a mean girl.  Having a terrible week and I didn't mean anything by it.
nah we dont think youre a jerk! i see some things sometimes that im like what?!? and sometimes lots of us post something in the wrong thread and it takes someone saying huh? to realize it,lol.

Links are allowed but nothing with a referral or affiliate code.

Joining you ladies. Now that my nails have finally stopped peeling I can grow them out and do some nail art.

Quote: Originally Posted by beautynewbie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

How did you manage that?? I have TERRIBLE peeling
frown.gif

One way that has helped me is to use a glass nail file.  I am also interested in hearing what she did.

@Christa W , yes, I am terribly offended (; I actually understand because it has happened to me before that I posted in the wrong thread so I know how this could be confusing. I know you weren't being mean, I just know how Bondi is something some people do not want to talk about right now so I so I just wanted to point out where it was mentioned really quick so we can pack that topic in a corner. I hope I wasn't too harsh!

Also I have started to use a glas file and love it. My nails break so easy.

I have done a polkadot manicure with different green and blue tones. I have never done one like that before and it was fun. I don't have any tools for it so I used the longer end of a bobby pin-worked well!

Quote: Originally Posted by beautynewbie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

How did you manage that?? I have TERRIBLE peeling
frown.gif

Long story! lol  My nails started peeling badly in October. I have used so many nail treatments and have been taken biotin. None of those seemed to work. I got sick of not being able to paint my nails so I put nail tips and gel on my nails. I hated those so I filed it all off with in 3 days.

After that my nails were thin and horrible looking. Someone on this board mentioned Nailtiques so I looked it up and purchased Nailtiques 2plus. I used it everyday for 2 weeks. No nail polish and my nails looked and felt 100% better. After that I would put 2 coats of the nailtiques on and them polish my nails. I did this every 3 days. It has now been 2 months and my nails are in perfect health. I am ready to step down to just regular Nailtiques 2. It is a bit pricey but worth it to me.

@Christa W , yes, I am terribly offended (; I actually understand because it has happened to me before that I posted in the wrong thread so I know how this could be confusing. I know you weren't being mean, I just know how Bondi is something some people do not want to talk about right now so I so I just wanted to point out where it was mentioned really quick so we can pack that topic in a corner. I hope I wasn't too harsh!

Also I have started to use a glas file and love it. My nails break so easy.

I have done a polkadot manicure with different green and blue tones. I have never done one like that before and it was fun. I don't have any tools for it so I used the longer end of a bobby pin-worked well!
If I were at a bar I would order drinks for all.  Maybe I should offer polish for all. 

I love polka dotticures!!!  I need more practice.  I wish I had known about the bobby pin trick before I bought my tools.  I always wanted to do it but never realized I had a way to do this whole time!

Polka Dotticures!!! I love it. As well as drinks for all ! (Is it 5PM yet? haha). I just didn;t have any tools so that's what I used. I think I need a bit practice to get it even but i will try again this weekend. I also nee dto pick up stamping again. I had ordered some tape... I don't know the proper english word.... it's spools of sticky stripes you can cut as long as you need them and use for nail art. Anyone know what I am talking about? really cheap from china in metalic colors? I am just wondering what kind of nail art to use it for...

Polka Dotticures!!! I love it. As well as drinks for all ! (Is it 5PM yet? haha). I just didn;t have any tools so that's what I used. I think I need a bit practice to get it even but i will try again this weekend. I also nee dto pick up stamping again. I had ordered some tape... I don't know the proper english word.... it's spools of sticky stripes you can cut as long as you need them and use for nail art. Anyone know what I am talking about? really cheap from china in metalic colors? I am just wondering what kind of nail art to use it for...

I have only ever used striping tape for doing this.  There are tons more ladies here that are far more talented with it than I am.  I seem to always want to use it on textured polishes which aren't the easiest to work with sometimes.

I have only ever used striping tape for doing this.  There are tons more ladies here that are far more talented with it than I am.  I seem to always want to use it on textured polishes which aren't the easiest to work with sometimes.
Pretty! I have not played with striping tape yet. Need to get me some.

Quote: Originally Posted by Ashitude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Pretty! I have not played with striping tape yet. Need to get me some.
Best way is to order on Amazon/Ebay but if you want to try it and don't mind spending a little more at Walmart there is the Fing'rs nail art supplies and they sell 3 small rolls for $2.48.  Compared to the 10 rolls for like a few cents if you order from China that's a lot but it helps if you are like me and demand instant gratification.

If I were at a bar I would order drinks for all.  Maybe I should offer polish for all

I love polka dotticures!!!  I need more practice.  I wish I had known about the bobby pin trick before I bought my tools.  I always wanted to do it but never realized I had a way to do this whole time!
umm,yes please,lol jk

i've always used a bobby pin...i bought some tools not that long ago but i still go back to my bobby pins...i just like them better,lol

Back