new Burke Decor Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
<p></p>

<p> </p>

<p>ha ha same here. But then again I never do stop. Which other ones do you subscribe to? I'm always on the hunt for the more higherend or less frequent boxes that seem a little bit more special. I guess it's my silly way to justify having so many subscriptions :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /></p>
I've whittled down my boxes to just a few:popsugar (I just love it & what I don't love usually makes great gifts)

Julep (Fantastic skin care & I can customize or skip boxes any time)

All of the Popsugar LE's (I might be in the minority, but I have enjoyed them all)

OuiPlease (I love this sub & most of the items, but there are some real issues, not sure if I'll renew)

Rachel Zoe (Just amazing so far & backed by a huge, stable company & RZ)

There are so many great boxes out there, but I have too much stuff & it feels good to just let a lot of boxes go.

Here are the pictures. Please ignore the shadows.

IMG_0524.JPG

My very first thought is that the items are easy to gift.

IMG_0526.JPG

Items removed from their packaging.

Click on the spoiler tag for more pictures.

IMG_0529.JPG

Electric Spice Mill by Sagaform - Salt and Pepper grinders!  :)   I always wanted them and never bought them for myself. The grinders are electronic and take 6 AAA batteries each. They also light up and come with a replacement bulb. Be careful when opening them. I lost a bulb because I did not realize it was in the one box. I realized it came with a replacement bulb when I opened the second box and heard something rattling around what I thought was an empty box. I'm sure the other replacement bulb is somewhere on the table.

The nice thing about them being electric is that people who have a chronic illness or arthritis can still use them.

IMG_0527.JPG

The grinders light up. Imagine a romantic candle light dinner and offering that :wub: someone special :wub:   freshly ground salt or pepper. No need to kill the mood. I need to buy AAA batteries. I had to take them out of other things to try out the light. I will post another picture when I have fresh AAA batteries. Hopefully my hand model will cooperate again.

IMG_0533.JPG

This is the Wine Bottle designed by Seletti. We don't drink, but we may repurpose it for homemade salad dressing. The black and white appetizer plates are from the first box. They are in the picture for aesthetic purposes. I want to paint something on it. I love color. I don't have the proper appreciation for plain white.

IMG_0536.JPG

Bridges Tea Towel by Farm Living. I'm very happy that the towel is made from organic cotton. We are slowly transitioning over to organic cotton so this is much appreciated. I thought of Skandicrush when I first saw the design. The design is based on Scandinavian design traditions. It's not my favorite design, but I am happy to add to my organic dish towel collection.

Last edited by a moderator:
ooh that is a nice box @@PA Anna!! Thanks for posting! Happy for you that you got such a great box. The salt and pepper mills sound great.

@@PA Anna i agree that looks like an incredible box! But am I the only one who got dejavu for skandicrush :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> All the minimalism, the design, the salt and pepper shakers. Looks like their second box. I could have sworn I was in the wrong thread, but love it nonetheless! I just wonder now if Burke will be emulating her boxes

Here's the Cool & Refresh Spa Box. I did email them to make sure I received the correct box because one of the scents is listed under a different type of box. Burke Decor responded that some scents fit in more than one category. I love what they send, but I want cucumber and mint. I may either cancel or adjust my expectations.

IMG_0555.JPG

More information under the spoiler tag.

IMG_0556.JPG

Izola Bar of Soap Good Clean Fun Oatmeal 6.35 oz - The wrapper is adorable. I could had used this a week ago when my son decided to run through a patch of poison ivy during cross country camp.

[IMG_0557.JPG

Fig & Yarrow Lemongrass & Lime Scrub 4.5 oz - I love Fig & Yarrow products. This scrub smells good enough to eat.

IMG_0558.JPG

Pretty!

IMG_0559.JPG

Izola Sandalwood Candle 8 oz - It smells nice, and I have nothing else like it.

IMG_0561.JPG

This is a midi ring. BD sent jewelry in all spa boxes this month.

The items are nice, but after 3 boxes I really want mint and cucumber!!!!

The lemongrass+lime scrub sounds nice! Thanks for posting!

Last edited by a moderator:
I am expecting 2 boxes from them a spa and a home box this month.  Hope mine ship soon. Last month I just loved them both.  Plus they have amazing customer service when I have contacted them.

I think I need to get a spa box now! I just got the home boxes (well, two so far. my second one was the same as the photos posted above) but seeing these spa box spoilers makes me feel a tinge of fomo.

I broke down and ordered a Warm & Earthy spa box yesterday.  I got a shipping notice today--they sent it 2-day Priority!  I wish shipping on all subscription boxes was so speedy....

I love the box you got hope I get the same one this week plus my spa box will be coming . Very happy with this box.

Here's the newest home decor box. I need to clean up from working on the farm and will post more pictures later.

IMG_1383.JPG

Handpainted Shagreen Tray by Tozai

Fissure Glass Buble Vase design by Torre & Targus

Kai Nightlight Candle design by Kai Fragrance.
Too bad you hate black!! Are you getting these each month? I picked bi-monthly so I bet I won't get this one :*(

Back