new Burke Decor Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used FF and it took a few clicks around to get to the managing part. I went into my orders and then into subscriptions. After that there was something like "manage my subscription". It wasn't a tab, just a link inside my orders if I remember correctly.

It doesn't work for me either on Chrome.  So, I installed Foxfire and it wouldn't work on that browser either????

So was there never a May box? If so that's disappointing since I was going to try them out in June. I don't have the heart (or patience) to go through a new sub's growing pains, so to speak. I guess what gets to me most isn't the issue with shipping but the lack of proactive communication. Most of us are pretty forgiving (to a point) especially with new subs like this. But when they don't share info uniformly then it makes it a lot harder to be as patient and understanding.

Off subject a bit but I did some checking and saw that all of the items I've seen from Apr boxes have been on sale on HauteLook in the last 4-6 months. Since I shop the site daily I finally realized why the items all seemed so familiar and/or related. I honestly don't care where the products originate (provided they aren't junk from alibaba/aliexpress/counterfeit) I just found it interesting. It could be a huge coincidence just as easily but I thought I'd throw it out there. Considering I ordered quite a few of the items sent directly is just more proof that this sub could be for me!

I think people had the option of choosing monthly, every 2 months or every 3 months. I initially signed up for every 3 months. I decided to cancel because I realized it's hard for me to have someone else pick home decor items that might not be my taste so I figured I better just buy the items myself as I might need them. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20">

@@Fashion Diva I was in contact with them often in the beginning. The person stated that we should be rebilled on our signup date and boxes ship the last week of the month. I don't know what is going on. This may be one of those subs where it takes a few months to work out the kinks and then it is wonderful.

Well, I subscribed on April 23th for the bi-monthly sub.

If boxes are shipped the last week of the month then I must have gotten an April box.

So my next box should be June and I should be charged June 23rd.. Probably?

I have no idea how they are going to keep track of this kind of thing. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I havent seen any May boxes yet either.

I got my box yesterday. I will try to attach pics. They are now including an information card and I'll attach that as well.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Oo I saw another May box on Instagram and it looked good too. 

Now I'm wishing I had done the month to month. Haha!

That kind of upsets me that some people are receiving their May boxes when I can't even receive a response about my account. I really am quite sure that I signed up for the month to month, but it has been 5 days since I emailed them and I have gotten no response on my account. Poo.

Have you tried their online chat?  Maybe you would have better luck with that.

I, however, have emailed them several times with questions and have always gotten prompt helpful responses from Melinda.

I got my box yesterday. I will try to attach pics. They are now including an information card and I'll attach that as well.
That's an amazing box!! That's what their first box should've been not the disasters they sent out. There's too much variation for me, I liked my first box ok but the 2nd replacement box I didn't like at all. Plus some people got shower curtains, which I have no use for, and clearance items. 

I finally received a response from Burke: "It looks like you your subscription was skipped for May.  We're so sorry about this!  It appears that your subscription is still set to Monthly.  If you wish to receive a May box I would have to contact you to get your credit card information so that we can process an order for you.  If you have any other questions please let me know!"

It's a little concerning to me that I was magically skipped for May, but will get a June box, but if I want a May box they need my CC information again??? That doesn't really make any sense.

I finally received a response from Burke: "It looks like you your subscription was skipped for May.  We're so sorry about this!  It appears that your subscription is still set to Monthly.  If you wish to receive a May box I would have to contact you to get your credit card information so that we can process an order for you.  If you have any other questions please let me know!"[/size]

It's a little concerning to me that I was magically skipped for May, but will get a June box, but if I want a May box they need my CC information again??? That doesn't really make any sense.
That definitely makes no sense. I mean how do they plan to bill for June without that info, on the same account no less? I love the boxes I've seen but it's those kind of issues that are holding me back from subbing. They kind of seem all over the map in terms of shipping and communication, plus website issues. I'm going to play it by ear and watch all the beautiful items with deep envy in the meantime :)

I did not get billed for the May box and contacted Burke Décor and was told that my account had been put on hold and like others I could call and give them my credit card info and they would send out the May box but I should now be okay for June.  I called Melinda (who has been so helpful) so I could get the May box.  Sounds like others also had the issue with being skipped for May.  I think there must be a problem with the subscription information as I still can not get in to Manage Subscriptions to see anything.  I am anxious and hopeful to see what the May box looks like.

Back