new Burke Decor Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I, too, had a problem/delay with billing and shipping of May box; but, I got a tracking # today from Melinda!

7 lbs.!

Last edited by a moderator:
I finally received a response from Burke: "It looks like you your subscription was skipped for May.  We're so sorry about this!  It appears that your subscription is still set to Monthly.  If you wish to receive a May box I would have to contact you to get your credit card information so that we can process an order for you.  If you have any other questions please let me know!"

It's a little concerning to me that I was magically skipped for May, but will get a June box, but if I want a May box they need my CC information again??? That doesn't really make any sense.
They must not be able to see your credit card information.  I bet it's locked down, even to the employees themselves. With my company, if a customer puts an order in via our website and then wants me to do an "add on" to that order by calling it in to me, I still have to get their credit card number to do the add on.  I can't access their credit card information at all from he original order.  I bet that's why they need your CC info to get you a May box, but don't need it for the June box because it's already in the "locked down" system for the June box.  

They must not be able to see your credit card information.  I bet it's locked down, even to the employees themselves. With my company, if a customer puts an order in via our website and then wants me to do an "add on" to that order by calling it in to me, I still have to get their credit card number to do the add on.  I can't access their credit card information at all from he original order.  I bet that's why they need your CC info to get you a May box, but don't need it for the June box because it's already in the "locked down" system for the June box.  

Thank you! That totally makes sense to me now. I wish they would have explained that as well as you did! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I spoke to Melinda today! I think I will be receiving the May box next week. I probably confused her because I had her on bluetooth in my car. My son could hear her and kept asking questions. I was pulled over on my farm property hoping I wouldn't lose the cell signal, so no worries about driving and talking :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My 6 year old wants me to send her a box because she is sending me a box. He's a sweetie. :wub:

IMG_20150611_080904336_HDR.jpg

May order finally sorted out.  I got my May box and I love it.  

Looking forward to June.

I ordered the latest box but then got an email stating they got such an overwhelming response that they are behind (by I think a week) in sending them out......

Here's the May Cool & Refresh Spa Box which arrived a couple of days ago. I ordered it late. My house has horrible lighting compounded by the cloudy weather all week.

IMG_0479.JPG

More information behind the spoiler tag.

The Burke Decor box was near a window that I did not close in time when it started raining. That's why it looks shiny in areas.

IMG_0480.JPG

Simpatico Bubble Bath No 57. Handmade in the USA. I haven't used it yet, but did open it for a quick sniff. It smells light and refreshing. It's 375 ml. At first I thought the scent combination was unusual and then saw that Oltacif (perfume sample box) had a black pepper and sandalwood  scent in its box.

IMG_0483.JPG

Lucia SeaWatercress and Chai Tea. Burke Decor. 6 ounces? I haven't burned it yet. It has a light, pleasant smell.

IMG_0482.JPG

My favorite item in the box. This is something I would never go out and buy for myself unless it was discounted. Nest Ocean Mist & Sea Salt Hand Lotion. 10 oz. I had the candle last year and also a couple of Paddlewax candles wiith a smiliar scent. I love the scent. This is a big hit for me :D   They can send me the matching candle for the June box pretty please.

I like the items in the May box especially the Nest lotion.  I do hope to see cucumber or mint scents in the June box.

Here's the May Cool & Refresh Spa Box which arrived a couple of days ago. I ordered it late. My house has horrible lighting compounded by the cloudy weather all week.

IMG_0479.JPG

More information behind the spoiler tag.

The Burke Decor box was near a window that I did not close in time when it started raining. That's why it looks shiny in areas.

IMG_0480.JPG

Simpatico Bubble Bath No 57. Handmade in the USA. I haven't used it yet, but did open it for a quick sniff. It smells light and refreshing. It's 375 ml. At first I thought the scent combination was unusual and then saw that Oltacif (perfume sample box) had a black pepper and sandalwood  scent in its box.

IMG_0483.JPG

Lucia SeaWatercress and Chai Tea. Burke Decor. 6 ounces? I haven't burned it yet. It has a light, pleasant smell.

IMG_0482.JPG

My favorite item in the box. This is something I would never go out and buy for myself unless it was discounted. Nest Ocean Mist & Sea Salt Hand Lotion. 10 oz. I had the candle last year and also a couple of Paddlewax candles wiith a smiliar scent. I love the scent. This is a big hit for me :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  They can send me the matching candle for the June box pretty please.

I like the items in the May box especially the Nest lotion.  I do hope to see cucumber or mint scents in the June box.
what an awesome box !!!  enjoy

I received my May Home box. I was delayed in ordering it because of the credit card/account issue and by the time I ordered there was a delay in shipping due to demand. It was worth the wait. I was billed for June's boxes today so I am back on track. This box is labeled as the June box on MSA. I'm very happy with my home box! I can see Burke Decor being very successful in the sub business.

IMG_0508.JPG

Back Row - Nest Lemongrass & Ginger Liquid Soap, Large Porcelain Serving Bowl by Torre & Tagus, Voluspa Elegant Tin Candle,

Front Row - Campfire Incense by Juniper Ridge

Beach Candy Turkish Towel & Blanket

Click on the spoiler tag to see more detailed pictures.

IMG_0509.JPG

Nest Lemongrass & Ginger Liquid Soap 10 oz. I love Nest products and receiving fancy soap :) It has a wonderful scent that I want to keep smelling.

IMG_0512.JPG

This is a beautiful Voluspa Linden & Dark Moss Candle 11 oz. It has a light spa scent with a double wick. I absolutely love the container and will be reusing it once the candle is done.

IMG_0514.JPG

Beautiful.

IMG_0522.JPG

Large Porcelain Serving Bowl by Torre & Tagus. I love color and think it is perfect for fruit.

IMG_0518.JPG

Inside the bowl .

IMG_0519.JPG

Campfire Incense sticks by Juniper Ridge.  We will be trying this out if it ever stops raining. I wish I could send some rain to the west coast.

IMG_0520.JPG

Beach Candy Turkish Towel & Blanket - I love the color and it matches something I received yesterday. :D This is heavier than the Turkish towel that came in the regular PopSugar box last year. I did not order the PS LE box so can't speak to the comparison. It's perfect for putting over my legs when I am at my computer desk which is right by the central air vent.

IMG_0521.JPG

See what it matches? :D

I got a small bowl and a different candle.  Not particularly happy because of that.  Liz at MSA got a gorgeous $55 candle.  Mine is worth half that.  So disappointed...

I got a small bowl and a different candle.  Not particularly happy because of that.  Liz at MSA got a gorgeous $55 candle.  Mine is worth half that.  So disappointed...
  I find that liz always seems to get better stuff than I do on most boxes

<p>

They have such a nice website & a lot of stuff that I would like. I'm really interested to see what's in the home box. If it's for me I'll be signing up too! I like all the shipping options & I'm really glad it's not $100. I really need to simmer down with all my $100+ box orders....sheesh.
</p><p> </p>

<p>ha ha same here. But then again I never do stop. Which other ones do you subscribe to? I'm always on the hunt for the more higherend or less frequent boxes that seem a little bit more special. I guess it's my silly way to justify having so many subscriptions :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /></p>

I received my box today. I won't be able to take pictures until later. I'm putting the items behind the spoiler tags because most boxes won't be delivered tomorrow. I will be posting the regular picture without spoiler tags later unless someone wants them behind spoiler tags.

I haven't had a chance to look at anything closely and won't be able to for hours.

1 & 2. Electric Spice Mill x 2 One is for salt and one is for pepper. I'm excited about this. This is the kind of thing I want to buy, but don't because of  kids etc. I always think someday I'll buy items like that.

3. Bridges Tea Towel by Ferm Living - This is made from organic cotton which I am delighted  to see because I try to buy organic cotton when I can. This item reminds me of SkandiCrush which I never received. It is a Scandinavian inspired design.

4. The Wine Bottle design by Seletti - I'm not sure what to think of it. I don't drink. I think I can use this for homemade salad dressings. I'm not sure. Enlighten me if you know. Otherwise I'll look more into it later.

Back