new Burke Decor Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ignore the stickers on the table. This is why I need a home decor box. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm going to post more pictures behind a spoiler tag in a separate post. Here is the first look at the box.

IMG_0387.JPG
Beautiful stuff! And the value is amazing. I hope future boxes will be similar. Was anything with tags or in original packaging that would make it giftable? Also, was there any kind of info card or list of contents? Thanks for taking the time to post with photos!

@@QuixoticGirly No information card. No price tags.

1.The coasters came in a plastic bag with a tag on the bottom that has the name and a number code,

2. The Halle Cisco Cards are in their own separate plastic packaging which  you can see in the pictures.

3. The candle did not come in a box.

4. The runner arrived rolled up with a black elastic band on it branded with "Chilewich". No tags on the runner itself.

5. The notebook is the same as in the picture in the front. The backside has a piece of cardboard with a UPC code. I'm not explaining it well and will include a picture in the post.

6. The cards came in an impressive box. The box arrived with the cover on the bottom and a plastic sleeve over the top so you could see the cards. I attached pictures of the box.

Pictures behind the spoiler tags.

IMG_0408.JPG

Back of Notebook

IMG_0406.JPG

Card box

IMG_0409.JPG

Another view of the card box.

@@QuixoticGirly No information card. No price tags.

1.The coasters came in a plastic bag with a tag on the bottom that has the name and a number code,

2. The Halle Cisco Cards are in their own separate plastic packaging which you can see in the pictures.

3. The candle did not come in a box.

4. The runner arrived rolled up with a black elastic band on it branded with "Chilewich". No tags on the runner itself.

5. The notebook is the same as in the picture in the front. The backside has a piece of cardboard with a UPC code. I'm not explaining it well and will include a picture in the post.

6. The cards came in an impressive box. The box arrived with the cover on the bottom and a plastic sleeve over the top so you could see the cards. I attached pictures of the box.

Pictures behind the spoiler tags.

IMG_0408.JPG

Back of Notebook

IMG_0406.JPG

Card box

IMG_0409.JPG

Another view of the card box.
Thanks! This is a really beautifully done box.

This is my supplemental box. Gotta be honest- I hate it lol

I was happy enough with the first shipment that I am going to see what next month holds.  But as far as this stuff goes- I can only use the candle. The 80's called, they want their table runner back.

:)

Snip20150507_1.png

I was happy enough with the first shipment that I am going to see what next month holds.  But as far as this stuff goes- I can only use the candle. The 80's called, they want their table runner back.

:) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Snip20150507_1.png
I got the same two boxes as you did and I agree, I liked the first one alright, but kinda hate the 2nd box. The only thing I'll use out of the 2nd box is the candle. I hate table runners, paper coasters. I did a one time purchase box, probably not going to get a 2nd. I could've gone to World Market or Pier One or even Z Gallerie and gotten things I love for $55. 

I'm going to stick with them for the May box which will ship the last week in May. I think this will give a clearer picture of what to expect from their sub service.

:) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Snip20150507_1.png
 My second home box came today  . It had a Kobo candle in it.  A green runner and some rocks you put in brandy or something??     I like the candle.  I have no idea why PA Anna got such nice stuff  and others got junk.  My sister got  wiskey rocks too... who seriously would want them and what would one do with them. I think maybe they sent PA ANNA a better because maybe they saw she was going to post it on here.   If I got half of the beautiful stuff she got I would have been happy.   I random napkin ( placemet?? )  1 appetizer dish  brandy rocks and a pretty candle ( I like the candle)  don't make me happy. I might have liked it If I didn't see the nicer things other people got.  Sorry to be such a downer . Just sad my box stunk

My sister got  wiskey rocks too... who seriously would want them and what would one do with them.
Lots of people use whiskey rocks. My son is a serious whiskey connoisseur and uses them; you don't want to put actual ice cubes in good whiskey since it would dilute the drink when the ice cubes melt, but you do want to keep the whiskey cool for sipping. You can probably trade them.

Here's the pictures for the Cool & Refresh Spa Boxes. I’m happy with what I received. I originally set this box for bimontly and am thinking of switching it to monthly to see what arrives in the May box.

IMG_0412.JPG

Both boxes combined.

Here is my Cool and Fresh Box  2.

1. Lucia # 8 Thyme Flower & Coriander Room Spray 3.38 oz

2. Simpatico No 17 candle 7 oz $

3. Infusion Organique Buddha’s Fig Lotion $20 –

Box 1

1.Cascade Glacier Juniper Ridge Wilderness Perfume Cabin Spray

2. Lucia # 1 Goat Milk & Linseed Guest/Travel Soap – $1.63 -Beautiful wrapping, triple milled, and enhanced with 100% organic shea butter!

3. Lucia #2 Olive Oil & Laurel Leaf Guest/Travel Soap

4. Lucia # 7 sea watercress & Chai Tea Soy Candle travel candle

Additional pictures and comments behind the spoiler.

IMG_0422.JPG

Box 1.

IMG_0410.JPG

Box 2

IMG_0413.JPG

Box 2 Lucia no8 Thyme Flowers & Coriander room spray - Light and airy scent that lingers. It reminds me of being at a spa.

IMG_0414.JPG

Closer look at the packaging.

IMG_0415.JPG

Box 2 Infusion Organique Buddha's Fig Lotion - Pleasant, light scent. Also reminds me of the spa. Perfect for the kitchen or bathroom.

IMG_0417.JPG

Closer look at the packaging.

IMG_0419.JPG

Box 2 Simpatico Candle no 17 (7 oz)- Mayapple, moss, white cedar, and black currant. I haven't lit it yet. It does have a light scent unlit.

IMG_0418.JPG

Box 1 Lucia No 1 Goat Milk & Linseed Soap and Lucia No 2 Olive Oil & Laurel Leaf Soap travel/guest size soap. Cute designs. The soaps are triple milled and enriched with 100% organic shea butter.

IMG_0420.JPG

.Box 1 Cascade Glacier Juniper Ridge Wilderness Perfume Cabin Spray. I was unsure what to think of this in the beginning until I read about the company. It's the type of company that I like to support. I used this last night when I smelled a bad smell in our basement which turned out to be our freezer! It wasn't sealed all the way and the meat went bad. This spray did a great job with the odor in the basement.

IMG_0421.JPG

Box 1 Lucia # 7 Sea Watercress & Chai Tea Soy Candle travel candle - Has a nice, light scent unlit.

I spent about a half hour trying to figure out why the one picture shows as a thumbnail.  I give up! I also realized I should had moved the votive candle to the front to make for a more pleasing picture.

IMG_0422.JPG

Has anyone that subscribed to the monthly option heard anything for May??

I don't believe I have been charged for May (its on a CC so I don't have the statement yet) but I thought I subscribed to monthly. When I go to my account I can't view the 'Manage Subscriptions'- it says it cannot connect to the server.

I realized I never came back and put in a photo of my second replacement box. I got a shower curtain, people. A SHOWER CURTAIN! Ahahahahahahahaha!  Anyhoo...

Burkebox May 6.jpg

And 7 Velvet Raptor greeting cards... do you write on the velvet part?!

A Kobo Candle (no box)

2 mini Lucia soaps

Has anyone that subscribed to the monthly option heard anything for May??

I don't believe I have been charged for May (its on a CC so I don't have the statement yet) but I thought I subscribed to monthly. When I go to my account I can't view the 'Manage Subscriptions'- it says it cannot connect to the server.
I haven't been billed either, but they say they ship the last week of the month, so we should hear something today or tomorrow...

It looks like I will not be receiving the next box. I need to update my credit card. They offered that I call it in because I am having the same issue with the subscription tab. I won't be calling in my number. I want to be able to see my subscription

I was able to cancel mine in the subscription tab. I had the every 3 month subscription. I just realized I never posted my two box content here. I'll do that in a little bit.

This picture shows both of the boxes combined. First I wasn't crazy about the picture frames but I actually ended up using them in our book case and they look ok. I'm going to use the vase too. The candles smell great. The little dish with golden interior will be good as a jewelry dish.

IMG_5625.JPG

This picture shows both of the boxes combined. First I wasn't crazy about the picture frames but I actually ended up using them in our book case and they look ok. I'm going to use the vase too. The candles smell great. The little dish with golden interior will be good as a jewelry dish.

IMG_5625.JPG
I love the variations that you received. I think out of everyones that I've seen, yours is my favorite.

On another note, I have not heard back from Burke about my subscription. I understand it's the weekend but Monday is June 1st so if I am subscribed to monthly then something is definitely not right.

I haven't heard from them over a week although it is unclear whether my email required a response. They know I can't see the sub page. What is the secret to seeing it? I tried it in Chrome, FF, and IE on my PC. I've subscribed to many boxes in the past year and this is the first time I had this issue.

Back