New Limited Edition Boxes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got the New Natural LE Box...but not the Beauty in Bloom LE Box(Yet). Still accumulating more points.

I like everything in New Naturals Box

Just a thought came in my mind...Why Beauty in Bloom cost more than New Naturals?

BIB has lesser value and less full size products than New Naturals. 

I don't know ladies- my order was $80 and it showed free 2 day shipping for me. I had another order awhile back with free 2 day shipping too and I know it was not $100 but I know for really small orders it wasn't available for free. I wonder if the min is $50 or something?
I ordered <$15 stuff on April 22nd and the 2-day option was not there. They were shipped out on April 25th via UPS and will arrive here on May 2nd. That is way too slow for Birchbox :/

I have a random, unrelated question. But has anyone ever had an allergic reaction to lip glosses or lipsticks? I've been using the Smith and Cult lipgloss I got in the LE Birchbox, but now my lips have like little tiny bumps all over them, very dry and tight feeling, they burn when there's nothing on them. It's really bizarre and I've never had any kind of reaction to makeup or anything before. Well I'm allergic to Merle Norman's luxiva line, the eyeshadow made my eyelids super itchy and swell a little. I've never even had a cold sore, so I don't know what's going on at all. 

I've read about people having a reaction to the popular lip balm that is in a ball shape (can't think of the name now) and getting tiny blisters on the lips. It's possible to be allergic to lip products. What a bummer for you @Saiza. Hope your lips get better soon.

I've heard of that happening from EOS lip balm too. Oddly, I once had a reaction to one of the crest 3D toothpastes. My lips were sore and swollen for days until I figured it out. I've never had anything like it before. I looked like I'd had collagen injections. If they weren't dry and didn't hurt so much it might have been a nice perk. Anything else new you've been using?

I've had this happen but in my case it wasn't related to lip gloss or lipstick. Any super acidic food or drink can burn my lips and leave them puffy and chappy for days.  I only figured it out because I read an article about why some people hate pineapples. The comment section was full of complaints about different kinds of juice. Sure enough each time it happened I had bought a big jug of Simply Lemonade.  I still buy it but drink it carefully through a straw. 

Hmm that lipgloss was the only new thing I was using and I was noticing when I was using it it made my lips feel like really dry when I put it on it was very odd. But me not wanting to waste anything I kept using it for almost two weeks. Then little tiny bumps popped up, a little puffiness, but most very dry and sore if I don't have anything on them. Lipglosses are my biggest weaknesses and I've never had any problems before. When they're dry like that and I do eat ketchup or something acidic; they really burn. 

Ok I just googled the pics of the Eos lip balm reactions, and it's almost nearly identical to that! So I must be allergic to that lip gloss for some reason. 

Anyone know of any active Promo Codes? I can't seem to get any to work.
A few days ago I got an email from Birchbox wishing me a "happy birthday" (which is in November) and it included a $10 off $50 purchase code: BIRTHDAY2016

I was able to use that code today to purchase this box. As mentioned, my birthday is in November, and I double checked my BB profile, and that also lists my birthday as in November, so I don't know what kind of crack prompted the email, but it worked for me! You might give it a try - it's a generic code, and apparently doesn't need to be used in the actual birthday month.

I received my Sunny Side box today. I really love everything about this box. The Cargo palette surprised me, for some reason I was thinking it would be a sample sized item. I really can't wait to try everything. And since I had $40 in points toward the box, I decided not to use a discount code and get the Baggu gift with purchase. It's bright orange with sharks. It's frickin adorable.

Sounds like a great box @@Kimsuebob! Enjoy! I was considering this box but haven't ordered it yet. The cargo palette sounds nice.

my summer LE box showed up a few days ago- however the davines sea salt spray had leaked all over the box- so everything was slightly crusted in salt residue. their CS is excellent though because they sent me a new box no questions asked when I told them what happened. this is the 3rd time lately products have leaked. why aren't they checking the lids on their merchandise? They have been lose on the bottles they have leaked from.

They have a new Cult Classic box. Has anyone ordered this yet? Thoughts? I'm considering it because I could use a lot of the items in the box especially the storage thing.

birchbox cult classic box.jpg

They have a new Cult Classic box. Has anyone ordered this yet? Thoughts? I'm considering it because I could use a lot of the items in the box especially the storage thing.

birchbox cult classic box.jpg
I love that Hello Sailor lipstick and storage thing would be nice too. But, I already have everything else in this box.

I will either get the box for the lipstick if there is a good Black Friday coupon or will just get the Hello Sailor and Frog Prince (the green one) :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I keep looking at the cult classics because I really like the storage container but I already have pillow pie and I have no interest in the lipstick, so I would probably be way better off if I just bought a similar storage piece.  Between the discount code (COMEBACKMAN) and my points it would only be $30 but I have bought a ton of stuff lately.   

There is a new box called good as gold. I'm seriously considering getting this as a gift for a family member or for myself. It looks cute. Not sure if I would really use up everything in the box but I have a weakness for curated boxes lol

birchbox good as gold.jpg

I like everything about the new LE box except for the box itself, but I do like the colors on it. Maybe it'll grow on me. Ever since bb cut out their points system I find myself actually buying more things than when I had points built up from the monthly reviews. 

Those brushes look so pretty and I bet that candle smells awesome.

Back