OuiPlease [spoilers]

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought annual subscription. So much money, I hope I will not regret. When I look how great December Pop Sugar box is for only $25 with 6 months Black Friday subscription I don't know if Ouiplease is worth that much money...

The really great thing is that they will honor the 20% discount for those that ordered early as long as you let them know - from the MSA site:

We will gladly honor any request for the 20% discount for purchases made before the code was released. The code was a last minute request from our media partners that we honored. And will gladly honor for you as well. Please email [email protected] for this request before Dec. 10th. We will get back you as promptly as possible

The preview boxes I've seen thus far look really nice. However, there's too many beauty items for me. I was hoping they'd stick to having an equal amount of home, fashion, beauty, and food.

I also am not crazy about them being different.  And I emailed them and they said they would honor the code for me. Yay!

I'm still going to get the box (I'm hoping for the one with the clutch) but... variations are worrisome.  How can they keep the value equal and make each subscriber feel like they got their moneys worth?  With a price tag like $150, variations will break them.

Offering a suggestion to save a lot of people probs down the line:  go into your account and manually update preferences. 

I wasn't offered a survey, nor would I know that this info is collected somewhere to stored somewhere, but if you log into your account, there is an "edit" button where you can input shirt size, sweater size, sock size and shoe size (they don't do 1/2 sizes and are listed in US)

More blogger spoilers 

from http://sothentheysay.com/oui-please/

I just received my first box and let me tell you, it didn’t disappoint. Everything from a sweatshirt from Les Petities, shower gel from Sothys, a bag from 1951 Maison Francaisecrackers from Marlette, and so, so much more! Each box is valued at over $400 (but you pay far less) - which is much cheaper than that $1500 plane ticket you were just looking at!

From: http://tomboykc.com/the-only-subscription-box-you-need/

This months box includes:

1. A beautifully curated magazine filled with information on the full range of products to be distributed by OuiPlease across America this month (and conveniently available in the OuiBoutique), tidbits on Parisian Style, notes on a French inspired life, an interview with Chef Johann Giraud and a recipe for Mont Blanc Chestnut Meringue that I am dying to try.

2. Atelier Cologne Vanille Insensee (retail price $25). I am a self-admitted French perfume enthusiast, so this was right up my alley. Note: It didn’t disappoint.

3.  Sothys Paris Shower Gel (retail price $27) and Soothing Lotion (retail price $30).

4.  Myriam K Paris Anti-Frizz Serum (retail price $50).

5.  Les Petites… Girls Don’t Cry Sweater (retail price $115). The introduction to this brand was worth the price of the box.

6.  Tassia Canellis earrings (retail price $45).

7.  Christian Lacroix 2015 Hardbound Diary (retail price $30). I conveniently already had the matching journal. Further proof OuiPlease and I are totally in sync.

8.  Mineroche scented stone (retail price $7). I can hardly believe I am saying this, but I placed this stone next to my bed and I swear I can smell it while I am sleeping. I swear. It’s subtle and lovely.

9.  Popup Paris scented candle (retail price $35).

10.  Marlette Financiers mix (retail price $10).  Baker or not, these promise to only take four minutes. You can do anything for four minutes.

11.  Le Benefique tea sprigs (retail price $5).  Forget tea bags, sprigs of Lavender are so much more instaworthy. As it turns out, they also make for better tasting tea.

– Lynsey Eaton

Its so weird that there are no photos of what they say they received.  Just lists and promo photos from the website.  Is that normal??

I think it might be because they aren't really sub box bloggers and/or Oui Please may have asked them to review it this way since these are promotional boxes. I'm leaning towards the former. 

I broke down and bought the annual, even with the code it's still $530. I'm going to pay by 12 months installment arranged with my credit card company. Really hope it's well worth the money I spent, like LMdB VIP! [dreaming!]

UGH! Not seeing actual box photos is killing me inside. If what that blog says is accurate, that's a really nice box! But I'd have to wait until after the holiday season before I can buy one.

This box is just not for me.  As tempting as all things French are to me, I don't want to put oil in my hair or get a pricey shirt in a too small size.  Another candle and pair of gold earrings, I just don't need.  I think I'd rather spend the $1500 on the plane ticket and just go see Paris myself.  

Back