POPSUGAR MUST HAVE - DECEMBER 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just saw on PopSugar's FAQs something about a 'wait list' where you can get previous boxes as they become available... how do you get on this if you're already subscribed? Anyone know anything about this? 

I got my box today.  I must be in the minority but I *love* it.  

Anyone else get a blue

pinch kit
so far?  Mine is kind of shiny cobalt.  Cute!

I have been a HUGE fan of Popsugar and I think they generally have great customer service.  But I will say that even I feel like the RTR code should have just been left out.  Worthless if you consider that you can get bigger discounts from them by simply signing up (I guess?)   I have no use for the coupon and to receive it felt a little... insulting? or something.

Well by now everyone has seen all of the contents (those who wanted to see them anyway).

Here are some more pictures and closeups of individual items.

Well I did a dumb thing with my mug last night and was debating on sharing since it makes me seem a bit stupid but here goes. When I make tea, I microwave the water w/ tea bag in to save on steeping time. So last night I broke out my mug and my tea and put it in the microwave for about 2 minutes. Little did I realize (foolishly) that the stem on the top of the tea bag had a hidden metal wire (it's covered in green so it wasn't visible)! I should have realized due to it's bendy-ness but I didn't give it a second thought. Well, some small sparks and a cracked mug were the result :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Figured I would share as a caustic FYI so it doesn't happen to anyone else.

Originally Posted by alliekers /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Well I did a dumb thing with my mug last night and was debating on sharing since it makes me seem a bit stupid but here goes. When I make tea, I microwave the water w/ tea bag in to save on steeping time. So last night I broke out my mug and my tea and put it in the microwave for about 2 minutes. Little did I realize (foolishly) that the stem on the top of the tea bag had a hidden metal wire (it's covered in green so it wasn't visible)! I should have realized due to it's bendy-ness but I didn't give it a second thought. Well, some small sparks and a cracked mug were the result :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Figured I would share as a caustic FYI so it doesn't happen to anyone else.
I was wondering why the package said not to microwave the tea bags! Good to know so none of us make the same mistake. At least you have your second mug left. That's why good thing come in pairs.

Originally Posted by alliekers /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh, man. I do the same thing and I actually did microwave mine. I wonder if it was sparking away while I was obliviously wandering around doing other things. I'm sorry it cracked :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I got my box a few days ago and I think this is the only box where I am sure I will use everything (except for the lame RTR code).  I am so happy with it even though it might not be as high in value as the previous boxes.  If only we could get another box like the September one, which I was lucky enough to get as my first Popsugar box.  

Originally Posted by SammieHammie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was wondering why the package said not to microwave the tea bags! Good to know so none of us make the same mistake. At least you have your second mug left. That's why good thing come in pairs.
And that's a lesson to me to always read the package before using something! But I figured tea bags don't usually need special instructions, you know? I was wrong
wink.gif

I emailed Popsugar about the RTR code. I was told that the voucher could also be used for accessories. I for one do not like the idea of renting accessories. I know that some people do, but that is not something I would do personally. I don't know anyone to give the code to, so I guess mine will be hiding the trash can as well! :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Lori Harp /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I emailed Popsugar about the RTR code. I was told that the voucher could also be used for accessories. I for one do not like the idea of renting accessories. I know that some people do, but that is not something I would do personally. I don't know anyone to give the code to, so I guess mine will be hiding the trash can as well! :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I got the same email.

I gave popsugar an ear full about the RTR code, and flat out told them if they read the forums here they'd see how many people were unhappy and were just giving away their codes. I'd originally written because my mugs were broken and I didn't get a bar of soap, but I threw in my rant about RTR code and they said:

"Thank you for your email and I apologize that you are not thrilled with the Rent the Runway voucher. Please know that the offer can be redeemed on their rental accessories as well. They have a wide selection of gorgeous jewelry, shoes, wraps, purses, and more to choose from and I do hope you are able to find something fun to try. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Happy Holidays
POPSUGAR Support"

I told them that I don't have any reason to rent things I already own and that depending on what you rent, the cost of shipping is more than the code! I again told them that they needed to take a look around the internet so they can see how many people were disappointed in this month's box.

I hope they send me some extra goodies with my replacement mugs and the soap I never got.

Just want to also get on the RTR complaint bandwagon :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I've actually reallllly liked RTR in the past and have told most of my friends about it, who have also rented dresses. I was a fan of the idea. I was excited to receive this code also. I had a $50 giftcard from a friend from my birthday (they know I really like RTR) and thought I could use that in conjunction with this code and get a great rental for NYE. Well I picked it all out, go to rent it.. and guess what? They dont allow you to stack a Giftcard with a promo code. WHAT?! I talked to CS but they said thats their policy right now. I told them that I would make sure to have friends give me cash in the future and NOT rent the runway GC. What the hell? It should be as good as cash. This made me very angry. I wont be renting from them again, especially with the $40 rental fee (shipping + required insurance). 

Originally Posted by Leslie Wetzel /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just want to also get on the RTR complaint bandwagon :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I've actually reallllly liked RTR in the past and have told most of my friends about it, who have also rented dresses. I was a fan of the idea. I was excited to receive this code also. I had a $50 giftcard from a friend from my birthday (they know I really like RTR) and thought I could use that in conjunction with this code and get a great rental for NYE. Well I picked it all out, go to rent it.. and guess what? They dont allow you to stack a Giftcard with a promo code. WHAT?! I talked to CS but they said thats their policy right now. I told them that I would make sure to have friends give me cash in the future and NOT rent the runway GC. What the hell? It should be as good as cash. This made me very angry. I wont be renting from them again, especially with the $40 rental fee (shipping + required insurance). 
 Wow.   That is the worst.policy.ever.   I wouldn't be using their services anymore either...  what a rip!  :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />   

Originally Posted by lolitam /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Wow.   That is the worst.policy.ever.   I wouldn't be using their services anymore either...  what a rip!  :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />   
Hah ! Thats how I'm feeling. A giftcard should be as good as cash. It makes me sad that my friend gave me $50 cause in theory its worth as much as the code I got from PopSugar or BB to RTR. only they have her cash pocketed and could care less about the consumer. Theres no reason I should be punished for having money in the form of GC.... versus someone with cash at hand who IS able to use the promo codes. I won't be recommending them again to any of my friends. Got 4 dresses yesterday that are adorable for $125 and a way better deal than RTR. Sad Ill have to even use this gift card :/

Originally Posted by Leslie Wetzel /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hah ! Thats how I'm feeling. A giftcard should be as good as cash. It makes me sad that my friend gave me $50 cause in theory its worth as much as the code I got from PopSugar or BB to RTR. only they have her cash pocketed and could care less about the consumer. Theres no reason I should be punished for having money in the form of GC.... versus someone with cash at hand who IS able to use the promo codes. I won't be recommending them again to any of my friends. Got 4 dresses yesterday that are adorable for $125 and a way better deal than RTR. Sad Ill have to even use this gift card :/

There are websites that allow you to sell or trade your gift cards. You might want to look into that!

got my box on thursday and i only have 4 teas left.thems are some yummy teas!i LOVE the mugs,i've been using the goswype,the candy canes are yummy,the soap is kind of air freshener-y.as in stank.i can't say i'm disappointed per se, because the mugs and tea are so awesome but i do hope they bring it a little better in january.and the lux box wasn't all that either!granted, if i had the money i would have been happy to have it, but some of those items could have totes been in the reg must have box!

Latest posts

Back