POPSUGAR Must Have February 2013 Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Dayo Steph /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Love the kitties, especially the black one. I searched and searched for the right personality before I got Stormageddon (my gray kitten), but I'd really wanted a black cat. It just worked out that I fell in love with Stormy and had to go for personality and not coat color. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Aww, I love Stormy's name and coat color. All-gray kitties look so sleek! 

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Black kitties! I follow Norman Reedus -- Daryl on _Walking Dead_ -- on Instagram solely because he has a black kitty that he posts pictures of.

(I have pictures of my own black -- Edgar, after Poe, as in "The Black Cat" -- and gray -- Oscar, as in Wilde, as in _The Picture of Dorian Gray_ -- on Instagram, if anyone wanted to poke around in there. I should post a list of all the places Ed has climbed into or attempted to climb into. I mean, seriously, the *toaster *. What?)
I love black kitties, too! In October, Pepper becomes our instant Halloween decoration lol :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I just cancelled Popsugar for next month. I was feeling hesitant about cancelling, but I could use the extra money right now :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have an 8 month old kitten and a 3 year old Bengal (rescued). They both chirp and trill, the Bengal especially - he has a huuuuge vocal range. I'm really hoping my little guy (Stormy) doesn't grow out of it. He makes the sweetest trill when I walk in the door, always makes me feel loved.  

Hopefully this pic won't get me yelled at:) Stormy's about 5 months here and has grown a ton since!  
I have a Bengal as well that I adopted 2 years ago. He will be 5 on 3/12. He can be VERY loud at times, almost to the point where he needs to shut up. He will howl his head off and then a minute later act like nothing happened. He is nuts.

Originally Posted by OiiO /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Tell me about it, this month I went on a 10-day vacation to Florida mid month right when all of my boxes were supposed to arrive and came back to this. I bet my mailman and the neighbors thought I was nuts... 

What do you do for a living? I need to do it too! I wish I could afford all these goodies every month! hehe.

Originally Posted by jamiestarlynn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What do you do for a living? I need to do it too! I wish I could afford all these goodies every month! hehe.
I secretly always wonder that too. There is a blog I read who has a review of a new box (sometimes multiples) each day. I always wonder what they do that they could afford such a luxury (the boxes they are posting about aren't cheap, typically the $35+ ones).

I notice a lot of bloggers get the boxes for free from the companies to review, or they've gotten so many referrals from their affiliate links in their blogs that they earned the boxes for free.  

Originally Posted by celicacutie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have a Bengal as well that I adopted 2 years ago. He will be 5 on 3/12. He can be VERY loud at times, almost to the point where he needs to shut up. He will howl his head off and then a minute later act like nothing happened. He is nuts.
Aww, gorgeous Bengal! I volunteer with the Great Lakes Bengal Rescue, currently taking a hiatus from fostering while the kittten grows, but hope to begin fostering Bengals again soon. They are such cool cats.  There's going to be a fundraiser fairly soon (google Bengal Chatter) if you're interested in participating, I'll have a piece of pottery available for winning in Bengal themed colors - black and amber celadon. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by jamiestarlynn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm an independent translator but that income goes strictly to the family budget. I also own a small freebie hunting website with about 2800 active followers and whatever revenue I make there I consider my pocket money which usually leaves me with a couple hundred $$ to spend on whatever the heck I want that month :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> And that amount is more than enough to afford a few beauty boxes.

Quote: Originally Posted by celicacutie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I secretly always wonder that too. There is a blog I read who has a review of a new box (sometimes multiples) each day. I always wonder what they do that they could afford such a luxury (the boxes they are posting about aren't cheap, typically the $35+ ones).

Many established bloggers get new boxes for free, typically a company would just send one box to review and that's it. I have reviewed only one such box so far in my blog, but bloggers like mysubscriptionaddiction get them all the time due to their good page rank. I'm so jelly! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I guess I gotta work harder to get my blog out there to be noticed by companies like that!

This is my guy making his home in the lux box.  He sits in it to this day tissue paper and all with his chin hanging over the edge. He's my adopted off the street "trash can kitty."

List of places Edgar has climbed into, kitchen edition:

• the cupboard under the sink
  • the cupboard under the counter next to the sink
  • the sink itself
  • the drawer containing the towels
  • the dishwasher
  • the oven while it's turned off (he's also attempted to climb in while it's on, but I've yelled at him and startled him away from the hot place)
  • the cupboard over the counter, curled up on the dinner plates
  • the refrigerator (I actually shut him -- for just a couple of seconds -- in one time when he was a kitten because he was *sneaky*, so I didn't realize he was in there until I heard bottles clanking around.  Fortunately, he's *much* larger now and can't get in without me noticing)
  • THE MICROWAVE, MULTIPLE TIMES!  ARE YOU SERIOUS, ED?

Anyway.  Actual reason for posting:  Hanky Panky update!  As promised, they did indeed send out a replacement for the one that was *way* too small, and I'm crossing my fingers that it fits and that I like it because I'm in the mood to order one in every color.  I got a bonus today, and I feel like it's time for lacy new undies!

Originally Posted by celicacutie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I get a fair amount of boxes sent to me to review on my blog.  Sometimes if the response is good, they'll send me another month or two.

Also, so many of the boxes have affiliate programs so my boxes end up being free.  

Originally Posted by Ann Tucci /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This is my guy making his home in the lux box.  He sits in it to this day tissue paper and all with his chin hanging over the edge. He's my adopted off the street "trash can kitty."

TOO cute!!! He found himself a cozy place to rest!

Aw loving the kitty pics...can't post any right now but my avatar is my black cat Lucy, shes 10 but you wouldnt know it by the way she acts! I also have 13.5 lb gray tiger Samantha, also 10

Aww, gorgeous Bengal! I volunteer with the Great Lakes Bengal Rescue, currently taking a hiatus from fostering while the kittten grows, but hope to begin fostering Bengals again soon. They are such cool cats.  There's going to be a fundraiser fairly soon (google Bengal Chatter) if you're interested in participating, I'll have a piece of pottery available for winning in Bengal themed colors - black and amber celadon. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
How funny, I am a member on Bengal Chatter...I'm CharliesMom!

Pop Sugar responded to me and said that they would send me a longer robe but that it would also be a lot bigger and that they couldn't guarantee it would fit, but I was more than welcome to try.  Do any of you ladies know when we can expect these robes to be mailed?  They didn't ask my for my address, so I don't know if I will even get one because my sister is the one that bought the Feb. box for me...They would have to look up her name and not mine to find the info...Hmmm...maybe I'll write them again!

Does anyone have the HP/Zoya codes I could get/use? I am a PS subscriber but I threw my card out earlier in the month cuz I planned not to order undies. the weather has turned and I was going thru my HP undies this morning and I need more light colors and hope to order through HP directly. Thanks so much ladies!

Originally Posted by doziedoz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anyone have the HP/Zoya codes I could get/use? I am a PS subscriber but I threw my card out earlier in the month cuz I planned not to order undies. the weather has turned and I was going thru my HP undies this morning and I need more light colors and hope to order through HP directly. Thanks so much ladies!
Yes, I'll PM you!

Latest posts

Back