Sample Society August 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my box:  

• The cherry lipgloss smells so good.  I wish it tasted like cherries and it's so cute.  Pretty good staying power for gloss.  I got the "natural shade - 33"
  • I'm surprised at the size of the Brad, it's .25 oz. that's somewhere in the neighborhood of about $25 worth of product!  
  • I literally just finished my facial cleanser the other night so the Dr. Hauschka is perfect timing.  
  • Curious about the last extender, I've never used a lash primer, I pretty much think lash primers are worthless, but I'll try it.
  • Supergoop...meh more sun screen.  At least this one is reasonably filled this month. 
I'm always happy with my Sample Society box.  The longer I've subscribed the better my boxes have been. 

Originally Posted by Ann Tucci /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Got my box:  

• The cherry lipgloss smells so good.  I wish it tasted like cherries and it's so cute.  Pretty good staying power for gloss.  I got the "natural shade - 33"
  • I'm surprised at the size of the Brad, it's .25 oz. that's somewhere in the neighborhood of about $25 worth of product!  
  • I literally just finished my facial cleanser the other night so the Dr. Hauschka is perfect timing.  
  • Curious about the last extender, I've never used a lash primer, I pretty much think lash primers are worthless, but I'll try it.
  • Supergoop...meh more sun screen.  At least this one is reasonably filled this month. 
I'm always happy with my Sample Society box.  The longer I've subscribed the better my boxes have been. 

Wow! I'm getting the same box today. I'm happy to see that the sample sizes are so generous and I'm super excited to try everything. Nothing will go on my trade list save for maybe the Supergoop. I have more than enough sunscreen in my life. This is why I'll never cancel SS. Even on disappointing months, compared to BB and Ipsy, the brands are better and the sizes are fantastic. No foils!

Originally Posted by Ann Tucci /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Got my box:  

Nice! Everything looks to be pretty decent sizes. Now I'm excited for my box! Quick question:

I'm sure there are some of you who have already tried the Supergoop serum, since it seems to be going out in all the subs. How is it for oily skin? Is it oil-free? My skin gets SUPER oily when it's hot, and I want to put it up for trade if it doesn't get along with oily skin. Just wondering if anyone with the same issues has tried it or not, and if so, what's your opinion about it?

Originally Posted by evildrporkchop /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Wow! I'm getting the same box today. I'm happy to see that the sample sizes are so generous and I'm super excited to try everything. Nothing will go on my trade list save for maybe the Supergoop. I have more than enough sunscreen in my life. This is why I'll never cancel SS. Even on disappointing months, compared to BB and Ipsy, the brands are better and the sizes are fantastic. No foils!
I agree! And even when its a bummer month or not that exciting, I still get a lot of things that are great products and that I will use. I've used up more things I've gotten from Sample Society than any other sub I have (or have had). They send me stuff that I need. I feel like Ipsy and SS are the perfect combo for me. Ipsy is my fun time sub where I get lots of cool makeupy things to play with. SS is like my responsible adult sub, reminding me to wash my face before bed after covering it in glitter from Ipsy. Or something like that. 

Originally Posted by evildrporkchop /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I agree, I also like that they ship UPS. Ispy really irritates me with their use of DHL and Birchbox has only marginally better shipping.

SS certainly has higher end products, even if they're not always makeup.  I like that they send skin care and other types of products.  I'll probably never cancel SS either.    

Originally Posted by JamieO /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I agree! And even when its a bummer month or not that exciting, I still get a lot of things that are great products and that I will use. I've used up more things I've gotten from Sample Society than any other sub I have (or have had). They send me stuff that I need. I feel like Ipsy and SS are the perfect combo for me. Ipsy is my fun time sub where I get lots of cool makeupy things to play with. SS is like my responsible adult sub, reminding me to wash my face before bed after covering it in glitter from Ipsy. Or something like that. 
I'm the same way. I definitely use up more items from this sub. I'm always on the fence because it's never fun stuff but whenever I think about cancelling, I go through my history and realize that I end of using most of the items.

Also, I have been able to work out good trades for any items I don't use so it's win win.

I'm supposed to get my box today. Can't wait to get home today.

Interesting.  My box was ready to ship, which was how I was able to see what a disappointment it was going to be, so I cancelled.  They apparently didn't ship it because the pending charge at my bank disappeared and so did the box information.  That's fine with me, but that was a pretty quick response.  I figured I'd still get the box and my cancellation wouldn't take effect until next month. 

Originally Posted by dbella /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Interesting.  My box was ready to ship, which was how I was able to see what a disappointment it was going to be, so I cancelled.  They apparently didn't ship it because the pending charge at my bank disappeared and so did the box information.  That's fine with me, but that was a pretty quick response.  I figured I'd still get the box and my cancellation wouldn't take effect until next month. 
Just another example of their AMAZING customer service!!!!

My box is here!

Nice sizes on the mask & cleanser samples. The gloss sample leaves a lot to be desired but it is cute, so there is that. The Supergoop is mostly air. 
icon_rolleyes.gif

Got my box today - kit B. but I only had 4 products! There was no lash conditioner for me. I emailed CS asking for them to send a new one. Will report back on their response.

Originally Posted by rigs32 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Got my box today - kit B. but I only had 4 products! There was no lash conditioner for me. I emailed CS asking for them to send a new one. Will report back on their response.
I was missing one item before and they've sent me the whole new box!

I was missing one item before and they've sent me the whole new box!
It stinks getting my boxes later than everyone because by the time I get it and realize something's missing or broke they are out of samples or boxes and I get a credit towards my next purchase which I never use. Just once I want to get my box early enough to get a replacement product.

I cancelled my subscription today.

I am sure I will be back in the near future (especially around the holidays, I love to be overloaded with beauty subs in Nov and Dec!)

Right now, I have so much stuff that is untouched, it's really a shame.

Even my friends don't want any more sample bags from me!!!!  Well, not all of them...but you get the point. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Plus I recently subbed to Le Metier De Beaute, The Mirenesse VIP program (both of which I love)

and I still have Ipsy, Starlooks, PopSugar, 2 Birchboxes etc....plus practically every specialty box, beauty bag or deal that pops up...I'm all over!

I hope the next few months are AMAZING for all of you!

I will be watching :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

EDIT: I actually unsubbed from NBTT as well after 6 years! It feels cathartic to unsub!

Kinda like you are making room for new subs to enter your life. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

No replacement product or box for me. They gave me a $10 credit for the store. But that means I have to spend more money to get what I already paid them for. Whats to stop SS from regularly "forgetting" products to increase sales of full size products? Can I combine that credit with the $15 code? I may make a purchase then cancel. I really don't like the "solution" of a store credit since I got less than I paid for and now must spend more to redeem. Bleech.

Originally Posted by rigs32 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No replacement product or box for me. They gave me a $10 credit for the store. But that means I have to spend more money to get what I already paid them for. Whats to stop SS from regularly "forgetting" products to increase sales of full size products?

Can I combine that credit with the $15 code? I may make a purchase then cancel. I really don't like the "solution" of a store credit since I got less than I paid for and now must spend more to redeem. Bleech.
You can combine that with the code. You can also call CS back and tell them what you just said. Let them know the solution they offered is not a solution for you. They will probably do something else instead. One thing they have is great CS. Ask for a supervisor if necessary.

No replacement product or box for me. They gave me a $10 credit for the store. But that means I have to spend more money to get what I already paid them for. Whats to stop SS from regularly "forgetting" products to increase sales of full size products? Can I combine that credit with the $15 code? I may make a purchase then cancel. I really don't like the "solution" of a store credit since I got less than I paid for and now must spend more to redeem. Bleech.
You can combine that with the code. You can also call CS back and tell them what you just said. Let them know the solution they offered is not a solution for you. They will probably do something else instead. One thing they have is great CS. Ask for a supervisor if necessary.
I agree to call or email back. This has happened to me twice. The first time I got a $3 credit to the store. The second time I emailed and said I wasn't planning on purchasing anything so the store credit doesn't do me any good and they gave me a refund of part of my box.

SS has such weird CS! Last month, with the empty Supergoop, I emailed them about mine, and when they replied, I asked them why there was such huge differences in how this issue was being handled from person to person. I was basically told that they let each CS rep decide what to do about each issue. I.e., everyone who emailed them got a completely different response to the same issue. They have not set guidelines on what to say or do to resolve a particular issue, it's just left to each rep's discretion. They do have quick, awesome, friendly CS, but none of them are on the same page about anything! They need some sort of guide lines to go by so everyone has the same experience. 

SS has such weird CS! Last month, with the empty Supergoop, I emailed them about mine, and when they replied, I asked them why there was such huge differences in how this issue was being handled from person to person. I was basically told that they let each CS rep decide what to do about each issue. I.e., everyone who emailed them got a completely different response to the same issue. They have not set guidelines on what to say or do to resolve a particular issue, it's just left to each rep's discretion. They do have quick, awesome, friendly CS, but none of them are on the same page about anything! They need some sort of guide lines to go by so everyone has the same experience. 
I absolutely agree. People can say what they want about Glossybox CS, but I think the "Pick 5" is a brilliant approach

Originally Posted by Tiffany27la /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by JamieO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I absolutely agree. People can say what they want about Glossybox CS, but I think the "Pick 5" is a brilliant approach

What is the "Pick 5" approach?

Back