Sample Society: February 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I HATED the brown when I first saw it, but it went on so natural and wonderful. It really just enhanced my natural lip color and was very wearable.

I have fallen in love with Diptyque after sampling it so many times in BBSS boxes. The one I got this month was Eau Rose, and I am a SUCKER for anything rose. It's gorgeous. If only I had $98 to blow on a small bottle of perfume...lol

Originally Posted by emeline /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What! I usually get the brown colors, which I do not wear. I would die for coral colors! Why, Sample Society, why!? 
bs.gif
LOL...they really need to maybe get some more questions for our profile so we don't keep getting the wrong colors.   :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

But the next sub that sends me a black eyeliner gets axed.  
tonton.gif

Don't let t be you, Sample Society.  I like you a lot.  
eusa_naughty.gif

I was really excited for the Exude lipsticks too, but then I got a brown color.... 
icon_sad.gif
I was really surprised I got brown too. I have light skin and blue eyes. I have no idea why they thought brown would be "my" shade

My Larocca hibiscus cleanser was completely empty! I contacted SS and all they did was give me a $3 credit. She said the products were in limited amounts so she couldn't sende a replacement. Anyone else have an empty bottle?

Originally Posted by pirouette84 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was really surprised I got brown too. I have light skin and blue eyes. I have no idea why they thought brown would be "my" shade
I have very fair skin, blue/gray eyes, and dark auburn hair and the brown gloss is really nice on me.

I just signed up for sample society but I don't think I will get my first box till march. Are there ever any spoilers for the boxes before they start shipping? I also signed up for glossy box but I just seen a spoiler for the box and it was an epic fail for me and I've already cancelled it. I'm hoping I will be happier with sample society.

I just signed up for sample society but I don't think I will get my first box till march. Are there ever any spoilers for the boxes before they start shipping? I also signed up for glossy box but I just seen a spoiler for the box and it was an epic fail for me and I've already cancelled it. I'm hoping I will be happier with sample society.
Usually no. .but your dashboard will update before your box arrives. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by tanya2013 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sometimes they have small spoilers, at least they did for Feb, but it was on their Facebook page. And yes this month's Glossybox is going to be horrible for me and may also be my last.

I received Box A.  Got a brown lipstick - again.  And, another volumizing hair product I don't need.  I still liked the box, though.  Liked the perfume - smells like jasmine or tuberose.  The LaRocca sample is tiny but smells nice, and will be enough for one application.  The jar of cream is huge for a sample.  So, I am pretty happy with this box.

By the way, I received a $5.00 credit a couple months ago when I complained that my Deborah Lippmann polish had spilled inside my box.  The credit expired within a couple weeks.  Thought that was pretty chintzy.

Originally Posted by Beautyboxgal /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I received Box A.  Got a brown lipstick - again.  And, another volumizing hair product I don't need.  I still liked the box, though.  Liked the perfume - smells like jasmine or tuberose.  The LaRocca sample is tiny but smells nice, and will be enough for one application.  The jar of cream is huge for a sample.  So, I am pretty happy with this box.

By the way, I received a $5.00 credit a couple months ago when I complained that my Deborah Lippmann polish had spilled inside my box.  The credit expired within a couple weeks.  Thought that was pretty chintzy.
mine smells disgusting 0.0 like acid or something sharp like that. do we just have differing taste opinions or....?

Originally Posted by katlyne /img/forum/go_quote.gif

mine smells disgusting 0.0 like acid or something sharp like that. do we just have differing taste opinions or....?
Why don't you call them and make sure it is not rancid

cuz I hate being a bother to people. lol. really, and they can't do anything other than give me a credit I'm not going to use. so I'd rather just throw it away. cuz i rarely try new cleansers anyway.. my skin is SUPER sensitive, so anything that doesn't have some kind of acne-fighting ingredient, I don't usually go for.

Does anyone have a swatch of the Exude Lip Creme no 1 in Red?

I am planning to buy one because I got brown. I do not have any complaints with it. I like that it has a nice nude color on me. Of course, I am a sucker to red lippies that is why I want one. LOL

Wish I didn't get a brown lip color but it wasn't too bad for work. I liked the perfume sample and I'm not someone who usually wears fragrance so that was a pleasant surprise.

For those of you who have been using the Immunocologie Venomax treatment cream - has the product broke you out? I don't have sensitive skin, but this morning I woke up with six break outs. I do like this product and will be kinda bummed if I have to throw it out :/

For those of you who have been using the Immunocologie Venomax treatment cream - has the product broke you out? I don't have sensitive skin, but this morning I woke up with six break outs. I do like this product and will be kinda bummed if I have to throw it out :/
If it doesn't work for you, I say give it away ^^

I'm pretty acne-prone (at 31 years old, for god's sake!) and haven't had an issue with the Venomax. I used a whole jar this size last year that came in a New Beauty Test Tube and didn't find it to cause me any problems. I do like it as an eye cream - you could try using it just for that.

Originally Posted by amygab1126 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm pretty acne-prone (at 31 years old, for god's sake!) and haven't had an issue with the Venomax. I used a whole jar this size last year that came in a New Beauty Test Tube and didn't find it to cause me any problems. I do like it as an eye cream - you could try using it just for that.
Good suggestion, I might try this. Thanks!

Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If it doesn't work for you, I say give it away ^^
 I would if I didn't use my fingers for application. Even though I wash my hands before, I still feel like that wouldn't be sanitary. Then again, I am a bit of a germaphobe! 

Back