Sample Society: February 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by nelliebelle1197 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The Venomax is half and ounce???? WoowWWW!!!
I didn't realize the value when I posted that, this might be the most generous sub box I've ever gotten in relation to retail price. I'm hoping this will work on the order of a small-scale Botox injection. Hey, aim big!

Originally Posted by AngeBrooklyn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My box was waiting for me today when i got home.  I received the Exude in Cranberry.  Love it.  And everyone on the SS thread is right--the packaging is quite impressive!  I also received another Diptyque in Tam Dao.  It's my 3rd sample of this brand.  They've been intriguing and different than what I normally go for so I have been enjoying them.
Oooh, that's my favorite of the three Diptyque scents I've received. It reminded me of Juliette Has a Gun in being so completely different.

I had no idea this month's box was worth over $115!

God Sample Society, my love affair with you will be neverending!

Edit: Removed blog promotion

Mine came today! I am putting  the perfume and the Blandi  into my eBay sell pile but the rest is great!!

Originally Posted by murflegirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I had no idea this month's box was worth over $115!

God Sample Society, my love affair with you will be neverending!

Edit: Removed blog promotion

got my box today. got the exude creme in nude(although, its got gold glitter in it, not sure how much of a creme that is, but whatevs :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> ), and I think thats all I'll be using. oh and the l'occitane(even though its a dupe, I really like it.) I got the diptyque in the one that starts with a "P" that I can't remember the name of, its ok, but the boyfriend likes sweet smells, so I won't be wearing it around him..I shall have to try the lipstick over a medium pink lipliner because that bronzy color does NOT look good on me. I've put it on three different times today hoping it would grow on me. it hasn't. but oh well. I shall make it work. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> the hair thickening mousse is a NO-GO for me. my hair is crazy thick already.(I didn't even TOUCH the pantene sample from last month) and I'm terrified to put the larocca on my face because I have SUPERRRR sensitive skin and I don't want it to break out.

I used my ExfoliKate today. This stuff is amazing. I don't know if I can get past the price for it. Very pricey!

Originally Posted by Ashitude /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I used my ExfoliKate today. This stuff is amazing. I don't know if I can get past the price for it. Very pricey!
You can get a little tube of it from Sephora for about $20.  That's what I ended up doing...it's lasted me a while, too.

Originally Posted by ashleyanner /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You can get a little tube of it from Sephora for about $20.  That's what I ended up doing...it's lasted me a while, too.
Nice, I can handle that. Thank you!

Originally Posted by marybbryant /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My box is scheduled to arrive tomorrow!  I'm getting kit A, and have my fingers crossed that I dont recieve a brown lippie. I'm hoping for something pink, red or coral. It might be ok though if it has pink undertones.  I'm not thrilled for another Dipytique fragrance sample either.  This will be my 3rd one from Sample Society.  I'm happy about the rest of the box.  The other 3 products are completely new to me.  I had been wanting to try one of the body care items from LaRocca, so I'm psyched to have the 15.00 off code for that brand!

I just received Kit A with the Brown Exude lip cream and I have to say I was initially bummed.  I am fair skinned with auburn hair, slightly neutral skin tone and thought it would be too dark.  But after trying it out, it's actually not that dark!  It is slightly milky/sheer, and ended up looking like a nice nude shade on me.  Very cool packaging, too.  You might just like it! 

Has anyone tried the Venomax?  Thoughts?

This may be a stupid question, but it's a moisturizer correct? 

Originally Posted by BagLady /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Has anyone tried the Venomax?  Thoughts?

This may be a stupid question, but it's a moisturizer correct? 
Yup, it is and I tried it, my skin absorbed it quick, I can't tell you if it has helped my wrinkles cuz I have none, but I've only used it once XD It didn't leave my skin feeling oily at all :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yup, it is and I tried it, my skin absorbed it quick, I can't tell you if it has helped my wrinkles cuz I have none, but I've only used it once XD It didn't leave my skin feeling oily at all :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Thanks. I just started using the Clark Botanicals moisturizer last night that I received in last month's SS so I'll try out the venomax once I'm finished w/the CB.

I seriously need to try and use up all these samples. I should take a break from a couple of subs but I just can't do it. 

I was really excited for the Exude lipsticks too, but then I got a brown color.... 
icon_sad.gif

I got my box today and I'm really happy!

So I was kit C and I got the Exude lipstick creme in Coral, which is way more like a color I would have picked out then the bright red in glossybox, so I love that! I also got the perfume sample, which since this is my first box I hadn't tried before and I was really excited to get it! I also got the hand cream which smells like baby lotion, and I love that smell so that is great! I also got the moose and the cleanser, but because me and my mom are sharing an SS box she got those. I wanted to try the cleanser, but honestly its ok because I got the full size lipstick. This was better then my first glossybox (Dec), but it wasn't as good as last month's GB. I'll totally use everything I got, which I guess is a plus and totally makes it worth it, but I don't know. I'll give it a couple more months because my mom absolutely adores it, but I might end up cancelling in a couple months if I'm not more thrilled.

I should really stop reading anything on this site.  I just subscribed.  As soon as I read "ExfoliKate," I placed my order.  
icon_lol.gif

Your boxes look amazing.  That venom thing sounds interesting.  I wonder if any other subscription box will be sending it out.  Lord knows I'm not paying $200+ just to try it.

Is anyone else sick of getting diptyque fragrences?  I know it's expensive and all, but I get a subscription so I can try new things.  Not three of the same thing (I know they're different fragrences but so far I haven't liked them).  

Originally Posted by babycat /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Is anyone else sick of getting diptyque fragrences?  I know it's expensive and all, but I get a subscription so I can try new things.  Not three of the same thing (I know they're different fragrences but so far I haven't liked them).  
YES!  Drives me crazy -- especially because I hate them all.  I certainly don't need 3 very similar perfumes especially when they all smell like sweat and curry when I try to wear them.  If I get a fourth, I swear I'm putting "return to sender" on it.

Yes, I know many people like them, but my body chemistry does not meld well with Diptyque perfumes.  I'm not knocking anyone else's body chemistry/taste -- it just doesn't work for me.

I was really excited for the Exude lipsticks too, but then I got a brown color.... 
icon_sad.gif
I got the brown gloss, and I love it! It is almost the same color as my lips.

Originally Posted by emeline /img/forum/go_quote.gif

icon_sad.gif

I got the brown color as well (in the lip cream not the gloss)...if you use a little over another color, it isn't bad at all...on the lips it is much more sheer.  I was very pleasantly surprised.  I thought at first it would definitely be a give away to my sister but I think I may end up keeping it!

I opened my box last night and i hadn't looked at any spoilers! I was so bummed at first!

I was SO PO'd about the brown lippy and sampling diptyque for the THIRD time I didn't even want to look at any of it or make a video!!!!!

NOW that i've read more about the brands, products, and reviews of the items I'm SO happy I didn't cancel!!! Such a great box! Yet another example of their boxes seeming lackluster, but once you delve it they really pay off! 

One thing- I noticed their booklet thing doesn't even say anything about the products in the box anymore. Kind of bummed- i liked that!

Back