Sample Society: February 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's strange to me that they sent out so many brown lipsticks, when I would think that brown is not a particularly popular lipstick color.  Is it an excess inventory issue?

I was unsure about the texture of the Venomax that I received, so I called Beauty Bar and spoke to a very nice rep.  She didnt know what the texture was supposed to be like either, so she sent me another box!  She sent me another Kit A. - same as the first one.  I have since read online that the cream is actually fermented and that is why it has that texture, and yes, its supposed to be that way.

So, my 2nd box was delivered today.  I got the Exude in the Plum shade this time.  It looks more like a berry on my lips and I love, love, love it!  I put it on with my finger so the color isnt so intense.  My exude from my 1st box is in the Nude shade.  I'm not a nude lippie kind of girl, as I need color, so I layered it over a medium pink lip liner that I used to fill in my lips and its really pretty.  The lip liner I used is the Vincent Longo I recieved in a previous Sample Society box.  

Beauty Bar's/Sample Society's customer service is stellar!  And their shipping is fantastic.  I order from them quite a bit, and I always recieve my orders the following day.  When I place my orders on a Friday, they send it out via Fedex instead of UPS as UPS doesnt deliver on Saturdays in my area.  I just think that is outstanding customer service!  I have only had to call them twice, but I really appreciate not being on hold for extended periods waiting for a rep to answer the phone too.

My Glossybox was finally delivered today too and I am thrilled with that as well.  Now I can't wait for my Birchboxes.  These subscription services are such an addiction! 

Originally Posted by emeline /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was really excited for the Exude lipsticks too, but then I got a brown color.... 
icon_sad.gif
Try layering it with another lipstick or lip liner.  I recieved the Nude shade, which is a brown and layered it over a pink lip pencil that I filled in my lips with.  It really looks pretty, and the Exude feels very moisturizing and has a bit of sparkle to it. 

Originally Posted by Mandy Kane /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I opened my box last night and i hadn't looked at any spoilers! I was so bummed at first!

I was SO PO'd about the brown lippy and sampling diptyque for the THIRD time I didn't even want to look at any of it or make a video!!!!!

NOW that i've read more about the brands, products, and reviews of the items I'm SO happy I didn't cancel!!! Such a great box! Yet another example of their boxes seeming lackluster, but once you delve it they really pay off! 

One thing- I noticed their booklet thing doesn't even say anything about the products in the box anymore. Kind of bummed- i liked that!
I liked that too. I'm going to email CS or tweet them and tell them I miss it.  Maybe if a few others do as well, they will start including info on our products again.

Originally Posted by marybbryant /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I liked that too. I'm going to email CS or tweet them and tell them I miss it.  Maybe if a few others do as well, they will start including info on our products again.
I agree!-I will send a message as well! Power to the people! 
soap.gif

Originally Posted by marybbryant /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Try layering it with another lipstick or lip liner.  I recieved the Nude shade, which is a brown and layered it over a pink lip pencil that I filled in my lips with.  It really looks pretty, and the Exude feels very moisturizing and has a bit of sparkle to it. 
Hmm, never thought of trying that! Good idea!

Add me to the list of those who received a brown gloss in their box.  Sad, sad day...but at least it makes my lips feel oh, so soft and nice.   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I got a bright, almost bubblegum pink gloss creme.  I used it, and I think I can probably find ways to wear it, but I wonder what the cut off was for so many people to get brown or nude (which I would have happier with) and pink or red?  The box was pretty good, though, even though I have no idea what they think I need all of these exfoliators for.

I got Exude Brown #3 lip gloss, venomax, a tiny LaRocca cleanser, Oscar Blandi Mousse, and Maya Facial Mist. 

I'm not thrilled with this box. I don't really get the whole facial mist thing.  Why would I want to squirt myself in the face? Seems like a bad clown act.  I do like the brown gloss. Maybe I'll like it better after I try the Venomax and the cleanser. 

I would have loved a Diptyque perfume. 

The Venomax freaks me out a bit...am sure it's fine, but it's derived from venom...hmmmm.. I got the Exude in Bronze, but have not opened it yet. Was the La Rocca Cleanser sealed? As far as The Exfolikate, it is expensive but I will say that it is the only one that does not break me out...you can get a mini 3 pack from QVC for $48.00.

Originally Posted by Dots /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Venomax freaks me out a bit...am sure it's fine, but it's derived from venom...hmmmm..

I got the Exude in Bronze, but have not opened it yet.

Was the La Rocca Cleanser sealed?

As far as The Exfolikate, it is expensive but I will say that it is the only one that does not break me out...you can get a mini 3 pack from QVC for $48.00.
it's not directly from venom, it has something that mimics the effects of the venom for skin :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> The La Rocca wasn't sealed for me.

yuck. Got exude cream in rosy brown. Would have loved any exude gloss instead. Color is bad and too saturated plus I hate minty smelling lip products. Bummer cuz that was the only full size in my box. and if I see another oscar blandi or diptyque sample I'm going to scream.

I think I'm in love with the Immunocologie VenoMAX.  If this stuff wasn't so darn pricey I would be rubbing it in from head to toe!

I'd love to see a brown in my box!  For some reason, they always send me coral.  And I'm all...UH...no coral.  It looks awful on me.  I'm a plum/raisin/brown lip girl.  

I got my box last night (Kit A) and I'm very excited.   I love lip products so I was thrilled about the lip stick but I got Plum and I really don't like bright lip colors.  I put a bit on a q-tip and tried it on but it doesn't work for me.  I think I'm going to add it to my trade list.  I wish I would have gotten a brown or lighter pink color.  I'm super excited to try the La Rocca cleanser and Venomax. I love skin care items.  

My favorite thing in the box was the perfume!  I know most people are tired of perfumes but I love Diptyque's perfumes and Olene is my favorite!  I'm hoping to find extras on ebay or the trade threads since I can't justify spending $122 on a perfume but I want more.  I even called SS to tell them what an amazing box it was and asked if they had extra boxes I could buy but alas they said no.  I guess that's what the trade forum is for.

Originally Posted by Charity1217 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got my box last night (Kit A) and I'm very excited.   I love lip products so I was thrilled about the lip stick but I got Plum and I really don't like bright lip colors.  I put a bit on a q-tip and tried it on but it doesn't work for me.  I think I'm going to add it to my trade list.  I wish I would have gotten a brown or lighter pink color.  I'm super excited to try the La Rocca cleanser and Venomax. I love skin care items.  

My favorite thing in the box was the perfume!  I know most people are tired of perfumes but I love Diptyque's perfumes and Olene is my favorite!  I'm hoping to find extras on ebay or the trade threads since I can't justify spending $122 on a perfume but I want more.  I even called SS to tell them what an amazing box it was ans asked if they had extra boxes I could buy but alas they said no.  I guess that's what the trade forum is for.
IS THAT HOW MUCH DIPTYQUE IS?  OMG, I should punch my husband in the eye for spending that much...LOL  I got a big bottle of Volutes and another big bottle of Issey Miyake Florale (opposites much?  but I love them both!)

Originally Posted by Charity1217 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My favorite thing in the box was the perfume!  I know most people are tired of perfumes but I love Diptyque's perfumes and Olene is my favorite!  I'm hoping to find extras on ebay or the trade threads since I can't justify spending $122 on a perfume but I want more.  I even called SS to tell them what an amazing box it was ans asked if they had extra boxes I could buy but alas they said no.  I guess that's what the trade forum is for.
I agree the Diptyque perfume is amazing! If only I had $122 laying around.

I didn't care for the lip creme, it dried my lips out terribly and I had used lip balm before, the color was pretty *just a shade darker then my normal lip color* and I like the minty ness, but sadly me and this creme just don't work out.

I did love the hand cream though and I ended up splurging and buying a bunch of the mini ones in different scents! :)

been loving the samples seen in the boxes on this thread so i signed up for this subscription and getting my first box next month :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Jennifer Love /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'd love to see a brown in my box!  For some reason, they always send me coral.  And I'm all...UH...no coral.  It looks awful on me.  I'm a plum/raisin/brown lip girl.  
What! I usually get the brown colors, which I do not wear. I would die for coral colors! Why, Sample Society, why!? 
bs.gif

Back