Sample Society: February 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone tried the Immunocology sample yet?   I think mine looks kind of odd, but I'm not sure if its just me.  If anyone has opened theirs, what does the texture look like?

Mmm it does have a funny looking texture like idk bad natural  yogurt? but less thick? idk if that makes sense XD

Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Mmm it does have a funny looking texture like idk bad natural  yogurt? but less thick? idk if that makes sense XD
Thank you!  That was my exact thought!  I'm wondering if its supposed to be like that.

I really enjoyed reading your blog.  It's very informative, and made me smile!

Mine was a little lumpy and weird, too, but I think that's just the texture. The little lumps disappear when you rub your hands together. I really like it - but that may be just me being childishly thrilled about rubbing venom and elk on my face. 
yey.gif

Originally Posted by marybbryant /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Has anyone tried the Immunocology sample yet?   I think mine looks kind of odd, but I'm not sure if its just me.  If anyone has opened theirs, what does the texture look like?

i got a sample sent to my directly from the company a few months ago and Im getting on in this months box.  I havent used it for a while but if I remember correctly it is a pretty thick cream that is kind of off white in color.  what was yours like?

Originally Posted by boogiedowndiva /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Mine was a little lumpy and weird, too, but I think that's just the texture. The little lumps disappear when you rub your hands together. I really like it - but that may be just me being childishly thrilled about rubbing venom and elk on my face. 
yey.gif
Funny!  The thought of rubbing snake venom and elk antler velvet has the opposite effect on me - makes me want to just say ewwww... But then I think of the skin benefits and wrinkle reducing powers and I say bring it on!   (I dont have wrinkles yet, but I'm 52, so its only a matter of time). 

I think your right about that being the normal texture of the cream.   

Funny!  The thought of rubbing snake venom and elk antler velvet has the opposite effect on me - makes me want to just say ewwww... But then I think of the skin benefits and wrinkle reducing powers and I say bring it on!   (I dont have wrinkles yet, but I'm 52, so its only a matter of time).

I think your right about that being the normal texture of the cream.   
Omg you must have some good genes! I want to be able to get to 50 without wrinkles! You are one lucky girl! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thank you!  That was my exact thought!  I'm wondering if its supposed to be like that.

I really enjoyed reading your blog.  It's very informative, and made me smile!
haha that's funny that you thought of it the same way XD

I'm glad you enjoyed it ^^ yay!

Originally Posted by R8RJenn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i got a sample sent to my directly from the company a few months ago and Im getting on in this months box.  I havent used it for a while but if I remember correctly it is a pretty thick cream that is kind of off white in color.  what was yours like?
It looks exactly like what Beautymadn3ss said - bad natural yogurt.  Maybe not quite as bad as that. 

Omg you must have some good genes! I want to be able to get to 50 without wrinkles! You are one lucky girl! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

haha that's funny that you thought of it the same way XD

I'm glad you enjoyed it ^^ yay!
I started using anti-aging products in my twenties and avoid the sun.  Also, a mostly vegetarian diet. 

Skincare science has come a long way in the past 30 years or so, so you will probably still look gorgeous and young when your 80!

I started using anti-aging products in my twenties and avoid the sun.  Also, a mostly vegetarian diet. 

Skincare science has come a long way in the past 30 years or so, so you will probably still look gorgeous and young when your 80!
I so hope so! I'm like terrified of aging D: My mom kids me sometimes and says she saw a grey hair...but it's not true I have none! That's one thing I'm really afraid of too, because my dad has a bunch! Like his hair is almost white and he's 50!(he's been a smoker his whole life though) 

I so hope so! I'm like terrified of aging D: My mom kids me sometimes and says she saw a grey hair...but it's not true I have none! That's one thing I'm really afraid of too, because my dad has a bunch! Like his hair is almost white and he's 50!(he's been a smoker his whole life though) 
Just keep using all the anti-aging stuff supplied by Sample Society and take good care of yourself (diet, sleep, lots of water, SPF and as you said in your blog - wash your makeup off at night!) 

I color my hair now.  I dont have wrinkles, but I think I have a lot of gray hair.  Not that anyone will ever see it - ha ha! 

Just keep using all the anti-aging stuff supplied by Sample Society and take good care of yourself (diet, sleep, lots of water, SPF and as you said in your blog - wash your makeup off at night!) 

I color my hair now.  I dont have wrinkles, but I think I have a lot of gray hair.  Not that anyone will ever see it - ha ha! 
See my 80+ grandma doesn't have grey hairs ever! Completely black hair...not thanks to dye ofc(sarcastic XD). Her sisters bug her about it a bunch, because they all have white hair, they're like: She dyes it!!!!

See my 80+ grandma doesn't have grey hairs ever! Completely black hair...not thanks to dye ofc(sarcastic XD). Her sisters bug her about it a bunch, because they all have white hair, they're like: She dyes it!!!!
At 80 years of age, she probably does dye it - but good for her! 

A lot of aging is how you feel about yourself.  I have a freind who is my age, and if you really look at her closely you'll see that she looks fantastic -  but she thinks of herself as being old (drives me nuts!), and somehow that attitude is conveyed in her appearance.  I honestly believe a lot of aging has to do with attitude.  

My mom found my first grey hair when I was 4.  Then at 16, I got a huge spot of white right in the front above my eye.  I call it natural highlights.  
icon_cheesygrin.gif
  I'm 41 now and I'm starting to see a few here and there in my "regular" hair.  I hope when all my hair goes that it turns completely white and not that odd gray color.  I think it'd be awesome to have white hair.  hehe

At 80 years of age, she probably does dye it - but good for her! 

A lot of aging is how you feel about yourself.  I have a freind who is my age, and if you really look at her closely you'll see that she looks fantastic -  but she thinks of herself as being old (drives me nuts!), and somehow that attitude is conveyed in her appearance.  I honestly believe a lot of aging has to do with attitude.  
Oh she does, but she doesn't said it out loud XD

I agree. My mom said she started going gray at 19 so by the time she had me she had mostly salt and pepper hair. I grew up loving her beautiful hair and now at 34 I can't wait to see a few gray hairs make their appearance. Of course, you never get what you wish for because not one single hair has gone gray yet. 

PS - I feel so much better about myself now in my 30s than I did in my 20s. The older you get, the more beautiful you become to YOURSELF. To heck with what everyone else thinks! 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jennifer Love /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My mom found my first grey hair when I was 4.  Then at 16, I got a huge spot of white right in the front above my eye.  I call it natural highlights.  
icon_cheesygrin.gif
  I'm 41 now and I'm starting to see a few here and there in my "regular" hair.  I hope when all my hair goes that it turns completely white and not that odd gray color.  I think it'd be awesome to have white hair.  hehe

icon_cheesygrin.gif
I bet your "natural highlights" above your eye looks really dramatic and chic!

There is a woman who works in the grocery store near where I live, who is probably in her late 30's and has a full head of really thick, long gray hair that is beyond stunning, and a woman I work with has gray hair styled in a long bob that makes me green with envy.  I think a lot of people look great with gray or white hair, but unfortunately I am not one of them.  I will be a slave to haircolor forever. 

My boyfriend has hair that is more than a little thin on top, and he is completley white jsut on top, but dyes it to match the rest of his hair.  I think most men look good gray, but he's not one of them!

Oh she does, but she doesn't said it out loud XD
That cracks me up!  My grandmother was like that too.  SHe dyed her hair since probably before I was born, and was close to 100 when she passed on, but she would swear she never colored her hair.  She would never tell how old she was either. 

icon_cheesygrin.gif
I've seen products for gray hair advertised that keep it a good shade and takes out that yellow tinge that some people get. 

Originally Posted by boogiedowndiva /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I love my box. I called Beauty Bar customer service and told them I loved every single item in the box. It's nice to give positive feedback to a company that deserves it. The CS rep said that the feedback lets them know what items we like for future boxes. My first time posting a spoiler - hope it worked:

The Exude lipstick is in-frickin-credible. LOVE IT!

Oh my, that is the perfect color. I'll be buying! That was nice to call and let them know you appreciate what they sent. I'm sure they don't hear compliments often enough. One thing I noticed that sets this thread apart from the rest of the box threads-lack of griping. Sample Society really knows how to please the majority most of the time.

Latest posts

Back